Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTU vs. UAA: The 3rd Thread Always RuLEz

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    The venison I grew up on in northern NY tasted awful. Moose and reindeer, however, are excellent. No hormones, no antibiotics, and very lean. Yummm.
    Yeah, I don't think our venison is as bad as what you had, just because around where we hunt they are practically corn fed, since they're surrounded by corn fields. That takes some of that gamey taste out of the meat. Really, we make most of it into sausages, brats, hot dogs, snack sticks, jerky, etc, so you don't really get much of the venison taste. The reindeer sausage I had when I was in AK was very good, but since it was sausage, I'm sure I didn't get the real taste of the reindeer meat.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I had reindeer stew once, on a visit to Anchorage many years ago (before I was a college hockey fan). It was very good.

Comment

Three (3!!!!) threads to choose from and we had to go with the one discussing venison??????????

Interesting "predictions" on USCHO for this week. both predicted sweeps, but couldn't agree on who wins. I guess that means I go with a split.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
          Interesting "predictions" on USCHO for this week. both predicted sweeps, but couldn't agree on who wins. I guess that means I go with a split.
          Nice to see our favorite overpaid blogger with the UAA sweep prediction.

Comment

Which UAA will we see? It’s been a real mystery this year. Going on form, Saturday will be better for the ’Wolves but they NEED to find their early season traction.
            Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain. - Lily Tomlin

Comment

Originally posted by WetSubArticCanine View Post
              Which UAA will we see? It’s been a real mystery this year. Going on form, Saturday will be better for the ’Wolves but they NEED to find their early season traction.
              We saw the non-conference UAA team, and they looked much hungrier. Hope Portwood is okay, he sure looked in a lot of pain and couldn't even put any weight on his leg. Sending positive thoughts your way Jade!
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

*Facepalm* Not this * again!
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                X