Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
    Motzko seems too cautious of a coach for me at times. However, St. Cloud started to look tired in the third period. Too bad Drew wasn't on the ice. They miss him, especially on their special teams.
    An intelligent post. Amazing.

Yes, the shell SHOULD work against most teams. However, and this is not limited to MN, this could backfire against an "offense first" team that executes well. It almost backfired tonight, and MN's offense was not at its best (see: oddman rushes). A little tweaking, and you're fine. Tonight? Lucky that didn't cost you.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
      Motzko seems too cautious of a coach for me at times. However, St. Cloud started to look tired in the third period. Too bad Drew wasn't on the ice. They miss him, especially on their special teams.
      Special teams looked fine tonight.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by PokeCheck View Post
        MN gets one very fortunate goal (#2) - they deserved to lose by 2, not just 1
        A tip-in is no more fortunate than having a rebound go right to an uncovered forward and not bouncing over his stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          SCSU seems to me that they are a team missing that one thing. Now, I can't tell you what that is....a leader, consistency, physical game.....but they are missing SOMEthing, tangible or not. I've only seen one game by them, so that's a problem. Hope to see them more throughout the year.
          They're missing that killer instinct that true top teams have, to be able to finish and put games away. We got oustshot horribly again, which is nothing new. Could have easily been 4-2 Gophers after 1. But we converted on the horrible gopher turnovers to build the 4-1 lead. Then they let up. There was 2 or 3 odd man rushes in the 3rd that they looked like they didn't care if they even got a shot off. Top teams don't do that. They turn the 4-1 lead into 5-1, 6-1 and so on, not letting the other team back in. It cost us against Wisconsin on Saturday, taking late penalties.
          This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
          www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

I almost forgot....

BETTER THAN ADVERTISED!!!!
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              I almost forgot....

BETTER THAN ADVERTISED!!!!
              They're not. MN is worse than advertised. At least for tonight.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                Special teams looked fine tonight.
                Well 2 - 5 on the PP tonight was good, yes. But at times their PP looked ragged with few, if any, shots on goal. One PP appeared as if they were short-handed. Too inconsistent. And I don't have to remind you what it looked like in Kato.

They still haven't figured out how to replace what Drew brought to this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  They're not. MN is worse than advertised. At least for tonight.
                  The blowout you and the Gophers think is coming tomorrow, ain't happening.

We didn't have our captain and leading scorer, or our best goalie. And we still put the game on cruise control in the second period.
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                    Well 2 - 5 on the PP tonight was good, yes. But at times their PP looked ragged with few, if any, shots on goal. One PP appeared as if they were short-handed. Too inconsistent. And I don't have to remind you what it looked like in Kato.

They still haven't figured out how to replace what Drew brought to this team.
                    LeBlanc was the most complete forward on the team.
                    He isn't going to be replaced in 3 games, he may not be at all.
                    Thankfully it sounds like he'll be back by February.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      The blowout you and the Gophers think is coming tomorrow, ain't happening.

We didn't have our captain and leading scorer, or our best goalie. And we still put the game on cruise control in the second period.
                      And almost lost it in the 3rd. We will learn from our mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                        Yeah, St. Cloud needs to learn how to finish off a team. They should have won going away at 6 - 1, 7 -1 or more. Motzko seems to like to go into defensive mode in the third period whenever they have a multi-goal lead after two periods. Wish he would just challenge them to go get WINGS for the crowd!
                        I agree this is an on going problem with Motzko coached teams and I don't like...... The Motzko stall let the Gophers back in the game.

Man that Gopher defense is great, the Huskies didn't have a chance... Funny how the defense doesn't looks so good when they are actually playing a decent team.
                        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

hey tommyboy, all MN fans have dammed the MN D tonight. Keep smoking that crack, though.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                            Funny how the defense doesn't looks so good when they are actually playing a decent team.
                            They looked exactly the same last Friday in Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Bad defensive effort or not, SCSU did what they needed to win the game. No excuses from my perspective. The Gophers had opportunities to keep the game closer defensively as well as put a few more home, but they weren't robbed they were beat. Sucks, but it will happen in the WCHA - especially on the road. Like the Husky squad and sorry that you lost LeBlanc (sp?). Here's hoping the Gophers do more tomorrow night
                              Someone that gets it and isn't going to make excuses, well done. Did the Gophers D make mistakes that led to Huskies goals? Absolutely. Did the Huskies D make mistakes that led to grade A Gopher chances? Absolutely. Did the "best" goalie in the WCHA step up and make any saves he shouldn't? No. Did the freshman Faragher? Yes. The problem with all the excuse making for the mistakes the Gopher D made is that the Huskies D also made quite a few mistakes that led to either odd man rushes or great chances for the gophers. The Huskies skill players outproduced the gopher skill players and Faragher outplayed Patterson by a pretty wide margin. Was a great game to be at and should be another good game tomorrow. Bjugstad is scary good and the Huskies need to make sure they have someone on him at ALL times.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                                Someone that gets it and isn't going to make excuses, well done. Did the Gophers D make mistakes that led to Huskies goals? Absolutely. Did the Huskies D make mistakes that led to grade A Gopher chances? Absolutely. Did the "best" goalie in the WCHA step up and make any saves he shouldn't? No. Did the freshman Faragher? Yes. The problem with all the excuse making for the mistakes the Gopher D made is that the Huskies D also made quite a few mistakes that led to either odd man rushes or great chances for the gophers. The Huskies skill players outproduced the gopher skill players and Faragher outplayed Patterson by a pretty wide margin. Was a great game to be at and should be another good game tomorrow. Bjugstad is scary good and the Huskies need to make sure they have someone on him at ALL times.

Comment

Working...
                                X