X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    In before the Gopher fans!

1. The Gopher D was so bad! It let the Huskies in the game!
    2. Off night by St. Pat!
    3. The talent of the Huskies had nothing to do with the outcome of the game!!!

Did I miss anything?
    1. Totally agreed. The MN D gift-wrapped 3.5 of SCSU's 4 goals.
    2. Not really. I hold him responsible for .5 goals. Bad rebound he gave up. And then the guy sitting there all alone shoots and scores.
    3. Agreed.

MN's D was HORRID. HORRID. And the offense, until the last 3 minutes, regressed horribly. Multiple odd-man rushes, and they couldn't come close to hitting the net. Easiest SCSU win this year, guaranteed. They appeared on the ice. That was all the effort they really needed. Embarrassing performance by MN.

Now, I know all you had to do was hit the net to score the 4 goals by SCSU, and that they did.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
      In before the Gopher fans!

1. The Gopher D was so bad! It let the Huskies in the game!
      2. Off night by St. Pat!
      3. The talent of the Huskies had nothing to do with the outcome of the game!!!

Did I miss anything?
      No Pattersons fault....D sucked *** tonight....
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
        pretty sure they just aired a Gophers fan flipping off SCSU players after a goal, stay classy Gophs!
        If true (I didn't see it), that would mean UND has started a trend with this. BTW, a couple of your ***ty fans did the same thing when MN scored at Amsoil a few weeks ago. It'll probably become the default fan reaction by season's end to every goal scored by an opponent.

As for tonight's game, the outcome can be attributed to two things: MN couldn't finish worth a **** on its chances (it takes serious effort to brick on all those oddman rushes), and the D played like complete ****. Over-committing to the puck carrier (four guys on one side of the ice on a PK), over-committing to the point to block a shot (and failing), and an unforced giveaway from behind the net all led to goals against.

If Jan fans want to ignore the fact that two goals were handed to them, they're certainly welcome to do that. I don't see how you can argue otherwise, though. Your first goal was an unforced giveaway by MN's D from behind the net to a guy about 10 feet in front of the net. The PPG that was off a Hanowski feed occurred with all four Gopher PKers on the same side of the ice which left Festler (I think that's who scored that one) wide open in the slot. Those are goals scored due to completely boneheaded plays by MN.
        Last edited by Bakunin; 11-18-2011, 10:22 PM.

Comment

There was an easy assumption on my part. Dumb & Dumber strike again.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
            If true (I didn't see it), that would mean UND has started a trend with this. BTW, a couple of your ***ty fans did the same thing when MN scored at Amsoil a few weeks ago. It'll probably become the default fan reaction by season's end to every goal scored by an opponent.

As for tonight's game, the outcome can be attributed to two things: MN couldn't finish worth a **** on its chances (it takes serious effort to brick on all those oddman rushes), and the D played like complete ****. Over-committing to the puck carrier (four guys on one side of the ice on a PK), over-committing to the point to block a shot (and failing), and an unforced giveaway from behind the net all led to goals against.
            It was not a middle finger. The fan was making the #1 sign with his index finger, since Minnesota is ranked #1 (that's were).

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              Congrats on the natl championship cloud....hang a banner or something....
              SanTropez?
              Is that you?

Yup, all Minnesota screwups, no good finishing by St. Cloud or taking advantage of mistakes by a balanced offense.
              Nope.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

FTR, the 5 on 3 goal was a good play, and the rebound goal was also properly executed.

The other two were certainly gift-wrapped, however. As I said prior to the start of the series, for Jan to win, the opportunities offered up by MN's defensive miscues must be exploited. That's exactly what happened tonight. Mid-teens(?) in shots, just a handful of scoring opportunities, but most of those were converted. That's how you defeat the Gophers in a nutshell.

And the final stats are 43-18 in shots. So there you go.

Comment

Yey. We beat the Gophers. Woo hoo.

Seriously, they need to learn to FINISH teams off. Oh well, maybe we get out by the skin of our teeth with two points and the almost collapse helps fuel us tomorrow and it makes up for the robbery against Sconnie. I called for us taking 3 pts, I still think with a better effort we can get that tomorrow. They need to be prepared for some ****ed off rodents and weather the early storm
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Call me crazy, but 4 goals on 18 shots doesn't sound like a good defensive effort.

I didn't see the game, but watching the SCSU goal highlights, they looked to be a combination of good heads up play by SCSU (especially Hanowski), and big defensive miscues by the Gophers.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      SanTropez?
                      Is that you?

Yup, all Minnesota screwups, no good finishing by St. Cloud or taking advantage of mistakes by a balanced offense.
                      Nope.
                      Um, that's what we're saying. You are really dense, you know that?
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Well of course, from a UND fan sog does not = goals. Not hating on you, but sometimes stuff gets sh***y.
                        I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          It's pretty funny to see the endlessly repeated argument on a point that isn't really being argued.

The bottom line is MN's defense made some major mistakes, and Jan capitalized on them. The Gophers simply cannot afford to hand away two goals like that while bricking on their own golden opportunities, especially on the road.

Patterson wasn't a factor in this game thanks to his D completely hanging him out to dry several times.
                          Last edited by Bakunin; 11-18-2011, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            Call me crazy, but 4 goals on 18 shots doesn't sound like a good defensive effort.

I didn't see the game, but watching the SCSU goal highlights, they looked to be a combination of good heads up play by SCSU (especially Hanowski), and big defensive miscues by the Gophers.
                            Um...yes? I think you have yet to find one person on this thread who said the Gophers played well defensively tonight?

Comment

False.

1. Totally agreed. The MN D gift-wrapped 3.5 of SCSU's 4 goals.
                              2. Not really. I hold him responsible for .5 goals. Bad rebound he gave up. And then the guy sitting there all alone shoots and scores.
                              3. Agreed.

MN's D was HORRID. HORRID. And the offense, until the last 3 minutes, regressed horribly. Multiple odd-man rushes, and they couldn't come close to hitting the net. Easiest SCSU win this year, guaranteed. They appeared on the ice. That was all the effort they really needed. Embarrassing performance by MN.

Now, I know all you had to do was hit the net to score the 4 goals by SCSU, and that they did.
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

1. MN screws up. Creating an opportunity for SCSU to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A MISTAKE.
                                2. SCSU FINISHES THE OPPORTUNITY.

Hm.

Comment

Working...
                                X