Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
    This policy is not an example of excellence, it infringes upon my morning tradition, and limits my opportunity.
    No kidding. Way to take away the best part of the day.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
      I can think of four games off the top of my head the Gophers defense did not look that good. UMD2, Wisconsin friday and the sunday non-conference game(can't remember name of cupcake). Out of something like 12 games? So 33% of the time they haven't looked good. you are right as usual they have played great.
      I'll give you the UMD series had some bad moments. But UMD has better skill guys at the very top of its lineup than most teams (certainly better than SCSU in that regard) and they made some plays. Credit to them.

The other two games you mention were more about snapshots of time within the game as opposed to playing bad defensively the entire game. We gave up only 21 shots to UW but had one five minute stretch were some mental mistakes cost them (all three goals against in that 5 minutes portion). I do think that was our worst overall game of the year though because the guys were so mentally out of it. They didn't even bring their "C" game to the rink that night.

The Vermont game was all about some young guys taking some really stupid penalties and Vermont made some very nice passing plays on the PP in the 2nd period. A lesson learned for a few young kids (one of whom hasn't seen the ice since then).

In the end, I'll take it. If being top 5 in the country in goals allowed as a team is "so-so", LOL... I think we'll be OK.

I think like usual you are looking at things with maroon and gold shaded glasses.
      If using statistics to prove a point rather than just throwing out an simple opinion like you are is wearing glasses, then I'm guilty.
      University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        Courtesy of GPL:

Funny stuff....

I rarely agree with Bronze, but yeah, I'm actually a little insulted that they ASSUME people are whacking it. Why can't it be intercourse followed by pulling out? Or handjobs? I implore any SCSU students reading this to go to the showers in protest with a friend (male or female, Lord knows we don't judge) and have them do the dirty work FOR you. Don't forget to reciprocate... cause sharing is caring.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          I rarely agree with Bronze, but yeah, I'm actually a little insulted that they ASSUME people are whacking it. Why can't it be intercourse followed by pulling out? Or handjobs? I implore any SCSU students reading this to go to the showers in protest with a friend (male or female, Lord knows we don't judge) and have them do the dirty work FOR you. Don't forget to reciprocate... cause sharing is caring.
          Amen to that

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            Courtesy of GPL:

Funny stuff....

This was the first post I ready after glancing at the USCHO headline "Going with the Hot Hand". Hmm.....
            "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirty bottles View Post
              this was the first post i ready after glancing at the uscho headline "going with the hot hand". Hmm..... :d
              lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                But UMD has better skill guys at the very top of its lineup than most teams (certainly better than SCSU in that regard) and they made some plays.
                If you made the top two lines up for each tUMD and SCSU with their top six goal scorers, theirs have scored 31 goals, ours have scored 27 and Eddy started out cold. Forgive me if I forget to curtsy in vast inferiority.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  If you made the top two lines up for each tUMD and SCSU with their top six goal scorers, theirs have scored 31 goals, ours have scored 27 and Eddy started out cold. Forgive me if I forget to curtsy in vast inferiority.
                  We are also only about 1/3 of the way into the season so sum total numbers aren't going to tell much of a story yet. If you think you have the same high end skill level as UMD, you have your head in the sand.
                  University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                    We are also only about 1/3 of the way into the season so sum total numbers aren't going to tell much of a story yet. If you think you have the same high end skill level as UMD, you have your head in the sand.
                    You think that's sand?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                      Say we have no shot with LeBlanc out. Say we have no shot bc our blueline is young and will make mistakes. Say we have no shot bc we have no proven goaltending. But saying SCSU doesn't have top end talent at F... Well if my head's in the sand I appreciate you volunteering to give me company

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        Say we have no shot with LeBlanc out. Say we have no shot bc our blueline is young and will make mistakes. Say we have no shot bc we have no proven goaltending. But saying SCSU doesn't have top end talent at F... Well if my head's in the sand I appreciate you volunteering to give me company
                        Hammy wasn't saying any of which you just replied to.

Comment

No one has a chance in this series. A split from two ties is imminent.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

No one's making that argument either. This thread is typical USCHO. Everyone changes the subject to fit their own agenda.
                            I disagree. But since we are on the subject, what do you think of those Wall Street protesters?

Comment

• Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                              Courtesy of GPL:

Funny stuff....

Google search "masturbation notice"
                              Originally posted by SJHovey
                              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                              Originally posted by Brenthoven
                              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                                Boy he is quite an original thinker. Actually UND over the last five or 6 years years has become an equal to the Goofers when it comes to loud crazy sold out crowds. The Husky fans this year are obviously not that excited since as of yesterday the game was not even sold out.... I am pretty sure that has never happened before, but since the goofers haven't been coming to town every year any more the hype for this series is no where close to where it use to be. I will be there as usual on Friday. hopefully it is a great series and the Huskies paly as well as I know they can.
                                I see it's been a whole crap load of pages since I last read this thread, have I missed anything? No, I thought not.

Oh man, I remember t-shirts sold each year in Atwood when the Gophers came into town. Does that happen anymore? Then when we swept the Gophs (96?), more t-shirts were made up. It was better than a banner.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X