Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
    I guess you're right goofer loser.
    Please continue. You are quality entertainment.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Please continue. You are quality entertainment.
      Just like you.

Comment

Congrats to Patterson on the shutout record. Gophs looked really good tonight. Biggest difference is they finished the opportunities they had and limited mistakes. I'll say it again, Bjugstad is an absolute beast, what a shot! That one timer from Schmidt (I think) was about as unstoppable as they get. Huskies played decent in the 2nd and going into the 3rd it felt like if they could get the next goal we'd have a game, but they came out and laid an egg. Much of that was due to the gophers play. Nice to get a much needed 2 pts out of this series, but not happy with how tonight unfolded. The gophers are the real deal this year and will likely be making some noise in post season play. Good luck to the gophs until our next series.
        Last edited by motox; 11-20-2011, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Very odd to see the Gopher fans giving any credit to SCSU after the thrashing they gave us tonight. I never demand respect for SCSU but its nice to see that some if them can admit our team has some talent. The Huskies were absolutely dreadful tonight and when you play a team of the Gophers caliber and give them the chances we did, they made it as simple as cycle and send it to the doorstep and Bjugstad deposits it.

Not going to say, "we gave them the game" but lordy, every pass went over the stick, every over agressive attempt on offense turned into an odd man rush and the Gophers converted almost every opportunity. Even the times we had a chance at a powerplay, Eddy had to show he was tough and blew two of them when it was still a game.

Long story longer, the Gophs are in a great position to run away with one of the final two MacNaughtons. I wish we could win one while they still mean something, but the Gophers have almost locked it up in November.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            I feed on your hate. Enjoy not getting hardware. Again.For the good fans, FTLT/Euro, looking at you, good series, and we'll see you again.
            Same to you sir.
            Can Florida "Okposo" Bjugstad before that next meeting please?
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              Same to you sir.
              Can Florida "Okposo" Bjugstad before that next meeting please?
              YOU HUSH, WOMAN! YOU HUSH RIGHT NOW!

Now, I done warned you with words.......don't make me warn you again.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                Very odd to see the Gopher fans giving any credit to SCSU after the thrashing they gave us tonight. I never demand respect for SCSU but its nice to see that some if them can admit our team has some talent. The Huskies were absolutely dreadful tonight and when you play a team of the Gophers caliber and give them the chances we did, they made it as simple as cycle and send it to the doorstep and Bjugstad deposits it.

Not going to say, "we gave them the game" but lordy, every pass went over the stick, every over agressive attempt on offense turned into an odd man rush and the Gophers converted almost every opportunity. Even the times we had a chance at a powerplay, Eddy had to show he was tough and blew two of them when it was still a game.

Long story longer, the Gophs are in a great position to run away with one of the final two MacNaughtons. I wish we could win one while they still mean something, but the Gophers have almost locked it up in November.
                Not even close. UMD is the hottest team in college hockey right now, and are only one point behind Minnesota. Not to mention, as you said, it is only November. PLENTY of time for other teams to come back and win the MacNaughton, including St. Cloud. Good luck to your boys the rest of the season...until they meet the Gophers again.

Comment

I am torn on commenting on the SCSU fans in attendance at Mariucci last night. On the one hand, I congratulate them as I saw no knuckleheads being jerks. On the other hand there were not many and they didn't make much noise (although the two early goals certainly contributed to keeping them quiet). In any case the few I saw were well behaved unlike some past seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                    Not even close. UMD is the hottest team in college hockey right now, and are only one point behind Minnesota. Not to mention, as you said, it is only November. PLENTY of time for other teams to come back and win the MacNaughton, including St. Cloud. Good luck to your boys the rest of the season...until they meet the Gophers again.
                    It sure does help UMD only playing two WCHA road games so far this year and four total through fourteen games.
                    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                      It sure does help UMD only playing two WCHA road games so far this year and four total through fourteen games.
                      We're just taking care of business. No homes games until mid January.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                        Hard to get excited about playing these neer do wells. We pretty much own the goofers.
                        Well well well...Skeeter Skeeter Goldy Booger Eater. Long time no see. Always up to no good aren't you. Sure the Hussys got away with one Friday night, but last night was a some major ownage. Looks like the Hussys had some Concrete Center in their skates.
                        GOPHER HOCKEY: CHAMPS 2002 & 2003!!!

Comment

I always love when Mo-Tay and Skeeterman comment on the same thread. It's like Christmas morning for me.

Oh-tay Mo-Tay!
                          University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            On the other hand there were not many and they didn't make much noise (although the two early goals certainly contributed to keeping them quiet).
                            when were we supposed to make noise? We never scored.
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                              I always love when Mo-Tay and Skeeterman comment on the same thread. It's like Christmas morning for me.

Oh-tay Mo-Tay!
                              HO HO HO MERRRRRRY CHRISTMAS!!! Now if the man known as Skeeter Skeeter Goldy Fuzzy Fists of Fury Eater will respond, it will be like your birthday too!
                              GOPHER HOCKEY: CHAMPS 2002 & 2003!!!

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                On the one hand, I congratulate them as I saw no knuckleheads being jerks. On the other hand there were not many and they didn't make much noise
                                They were plenty loud during introductions.
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X