• Show
Clear All

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
    No doubt.

But it is for SCSU.
    There's that big head again.
    Can other people breathe when you're in a room with the ego you have?

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied
    Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Except for last night. How convenient.

I'll admit I didn't see the game last night, but watching the highlights, I was surprised. Silly me, when I heard you guys all talking about how you gift-wrapped all the goals for us, I was naive enough to think that we really showed almost no skill on those goals. Give me a break. Yeah, I have no idea what you guys were doing focusing on one player on a PP, but everytime you guys made mistakes, SCSU showed skill, smarts, and finished. So sorry that they didn't brick the opportunities they were given.
    Ummm no and no.

The Gophers played pretty well in general on Friday. They certainly did NOT quit or show a lack of heart (as evidenced by the two goal comeback in the third to make it close, in case you are as obtuse as you seem to be). They did make some very boneheaded mistakes. I don't think anyone from the Gopher side claimed the Huskies showed no skill, but they WERE capitalizing on Gopher mis-plays, not creating on their own.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    This felt good to see them bounce back. Since I don't get BTN and therefore didn't see the Sat. game last week, I saw two losses with poor performances in a row. The losses were different games. Against Wis., they just didn't show up and got outhustled to most pucks. Against SCSU, they actually were moving their feet and had good puck possession for much of the first and third, but made horrible turnovers and defensive miscues, and just seemed out of synch with the number of passes into feet or complete misses. I would like to see another complete weekend out of them next week.
    Tonight's game I watched online. FSN airs their Director's Cut online, and you're watching 8 screens at once and hear the director and assistants chattering away behind the scenes. It's not a good viewing experience, the screens jump around a lot, but it's better than not getting the game at all.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Over the past three or four seasons, I'd say the UND series has been bigger for me. I won't speak for anyone else.
    Probably makes sense given UM has not been at their best in recent past. I think that's a major factor why UND has become the stronger UM rival the past 2 decades despite the obvious WI-MN ties in so many other ways.

Leave a comment:

• LadyinRed
    replied

Over the past three or four seasons, I'd say the UND series has been bigger for me. I won't speak for anyone else.
    agreed.

Leave a comment:

• Bakunin
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Not sure if this includes tonight's game or not:

Score by Period 1 2 3 ot Tot.
    Minnesota 18 18 24 1 61
    Opponent 6 14 4 0 24
    It includes it because the FSN stat was in the teens.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

This felt good to see them bounce back. Since I don't get BTN and therefore didn't see the Sat. game last week, I saw two losses with poor performances in a row. The losses were different games. Against Wis., they just didn't show up and got outhustled to most pucks. Against SCSU, they actually were moving their feet and had good puck possession for much of the first and third, but made horrible turnovers and defensive miscues, and just seemed out of synch with the number of passes into feet or complete misses. I would like to see another complete weekend out of them next week.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

If you told me MN would be swept by one of the following: UND, WI, SCSU, I'd choose not UND. Every time.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

No doubt.

But it is for SCSU.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    Yeah they busted out some stat on FSN that pretty much says we are #1 in the WCHA in the 3rd period for scoring.
    Not sure if this includes tonight's game or not:

Score by Period 1 2 3 ot Tot.
    Minnesota 18 18 24 1 61
    Opponent 6 14 4 0 24

Leave a comment:

• Go4PuckFan2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Take your pick.
    Like it or not, beating the Gophers is not the end all be all in college hockey.
    No doubt.

But it is for SCSU.

Leave a comment:

• Bakunin
    replied

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    The Gophers play fast and they play physical. They are also very well conditioned. The Gophers have had their way with teams in the third period on Saturdays because of it.
    What's their differential now for the 3rd period? +20? +21?

Leave a comment:

• Driftryder
    replied

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    The Gophers play fast and they play physical. They are also very well conditioned. The Gophers have had their way with teams in the third period on Saturdays because of it.
    Yeah they busted out some stat on FSN that pretty much says we are #1 in the WCHA in the 3rd period for scoring.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    If we can play consistent, that's been the problem.
    Yes. Last night, it took a bit to come on. Tonight, you started okay, then faltered.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

What other team?

What other win?

What other scenario would suffice?

An unlikely Final Five run?

Please.
    Take your pick.
    Like it or not, beating the Gophers is not the end all be all in college hockey.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X