Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by LadyinRed View Post
    Gopher fans only have one comeback it seems. You only talk about past success.
    Regardless they've had a good start so far to the season, but apparently such an opinion invokes from your fans either, "hang a banner" or comments about recent failures. Nobody in this thread has earned an ivory tower.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      And you base that on what?
      in terms of gopher arrogance, you are right up there.
      What am I baseing your programs history on?

Is that what you're asking?

You really do struggle with reading comprehension don't you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
        What am I baseing your programs history on?

Is that what you're asking?

You really do struggle with reading comprehension don't you.
        You said St. Cloud's seasons peak with the Gophers.
        What are you basing that on.
        In other words, if you want to make that claim, prove it.
        Prove that our season peaks with the Gophers.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          This video was found playing over and over in the JBSU locker room after the game.

Comment

I do like me some Elisabeth Shue.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              We hovered around a .500 record. That's mediocre. By GOPHER standards, that's way below average. However, GOPHER standards are other-worldly. Many teams would love to have a .500 record.
              For a team loaded with high draft picks each of those years, the record was far worse than mediocre. They were soft, and they quit easily. This year looks different, and everybody, including rivals, should be happy about that. Better hockey.

Comment

About to head to the rink, just a couple thoughts about last night...

People who say the SCSU goals didn't display much skill are being ridiculous. All of those were really well executed. Yes, MN made some bad plays to give them a few of those opportunities, but St. Cloud made good, skilled plays to finish them.
                And in that light, the Huskies made some mistakes through the first and second that gave the Gophers good opportunities, and MN couldn't convert them.

I think MN played a better game last night than they played Friday in Madison. That is, in terms of puck possession and controlling play, they played better. In terms of limiting defensive mistakes, it was probably about the same.

Most people knew heading into this year that MN was going to have a rough go of it defensively at times, and it would be about generating the offense to compensate. Last night they generated the offense, but didn't finish those offensive chances. I said earlier in the week that we needed Hanson, Budish and Haula to get on the score sheet. Hanson and Haula each had multiple good opportunies, but failed to make them count. Those opportunities likely would have changed the outcome last night.
                Bottom line, MN allowed the hole to get too deep before starting to dig out. Credit to SCSU for doing well to put them in that hole while the MN offense was struggling to find the back of the net.

St. Cloud has a nice team, with some good pieces in place. Consistency has been their biggest problem the past few years. I think that is going to be their biggest challenge this season. They are capable of playing pretty darn well, but can they bring that game in and game out?

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                  This video was found playing over and over in the JBSU locker room after the game.

Sure it was.
                  Try again.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    For a team loaded with high draft picks each of those years, the record was far worse than mediocre. They were soft, and they quit easily. This year looks different, and everybody, including rivals, should be happy about that. Better hockey.
                    That's pretty much what I said. For GOPHER standards, it was below mediocre. For a "normal" team, .500 is indeed mediocre.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Regardless they've had a good start so far to the season, but apparently such an opinion invokes from your fans either, "hang a banner" or comments about recent failures. Nobody in this thread has earned an ivory tower.
                      Yeah, OUR fans are the ones to overuse "hang a banner."
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        Not offended, just giving my favorite forklift fan a hard time
                        Gotcha...

Solid game last night!! Kinda ticked I got called in, I was all set to hit up Cloud last night..

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post

I hope it was, loves me some Joe Esposito. "Get him a body bag."
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            That's pretty much what I said. For GOPHER standards, it was below mediocre. For a "normal" team, .500 is indeed mediocre.
                            I think we agree, Brent, and I don't want play cycle-the-comment, but I also meant to say that even so-called "normal" teams would have been embarrassed by the way the gophers have been playing in recent years. "Normal" teams expect hustle and intensity just like everybody else.

But the last 3-4 years are past, and things look different now, which is good. Not that the rest of us will let you forget it if things continue to go well for the gophs.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              I think we agree, Brent, and I don't want play cycle-the-comment, but I also meant to say that even so-called "normal" teams would have been embarrassed by the way the gophers have been playing in recent years. "Normal" teams expect hustle and intensity just like everybody else.

But the last 3-4 years are past, and things look different now, which is good. Not that the rest of us will let you forget it if things continue to go well for the gophs.
                              Ah, I gotcha now. Yeah, the lack of heart was embarrassing. I was simply referring to records.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                When you beat your biggest rival in the Gophers in front of your biggest home crowd and then proceed to immediately wet the bed in the post season, that would make the victory over the Gophers the high point of the season.

Let me know if you need any remedial help with the concept of 'Jan Brady State University'.

I'm here to help.
                                Last edited by Go4PuckFan2.0; 11-19-2011, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X