Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
    I don't get too worried about the gopher fans giving SCSU any credit. It's what fans do. We didn't give mankato any credit for their win last week
    Agreed, but it was fun getting Brent a little riled up and seeing him drop the whiny, excuse filled act even if was just for a little bit.

Huskies did a pretty good job keeping the gophers to the outside in their own zone. Faragher played very very well. The depth and balance on offense is going to be difficult for a lot of teams to match-up with throughout the year (not saying that was what won it for the Huskies last night as the Gophers are a very deep team as well.) One of the biggest differences I've noticed this year is the communication and chemistry they have on the ice. The effort on D was good but way too many odd man rushes given up by them pinching. Have to make sure a forward is getting back if the Dman is going to skate deep in the offensive zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Uh, SCSU hit the net when needed, which I mentioned. Are you that dumb where you can't deduce that from general statements?

MN may have gave them those chances, and they did, but SCSU could have also bricked. They didn't, unlike all of MN's odd man rushes. Seriously, you SCSU fans get stupider by the minute. It's crazy.
      Don't try to reason with that dooshnozzle. He'll never win or lose with class.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        So Brent, if the Huskies sweep, I think the Gophers should retain their #1 ranking bc they beat themselves, and beating the #1 team in the nation twice on a weekend is pretty impressive.
        No, they haven't played anybody yet, and by beating a team that hasn't played anybody, they cannot justifiably retain the #1 ranking (nor should they have had it in the first place for the same reason). Since BC lost last night, perhaps Merrimack will take the top spot now.

Comment

So Brent, if the Huskies sweep, I think the Gophers should retain their #1 ranking bc they beat themselves, and beating the #1 team in the nation twice on a weekend is pretty impressive.
          Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Call me crazy, but 4 goals on 18 shots doesn't sound like a good defensive effort.

I didn't see the game, but watching the SCSU goal highlights, they looked to be a combination of good heads up play by SCSU (especially Hanowski), and big defensive miscues by the Gophers.
            Might be the smartest post ever by MNS!

Comment

I'm hoping Guentzel and Lucia got a lot of nice video for the team since they stood around most of the game and played like crap. Huskies had energy, desire, and a goalie that wanted to him. I didn't see any of that until the third period out of the maroon and gold. I expect things will be different tonight. I remember many good years where the Gophers did many good things where either Friday or Saturday was usually not as good as the other but the other night they always came through.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Feels like a must win game tonight for the goofers. No pressure.

Comment

Hopefully the Huskies won't be satisfied with their 2 points and play like dog crap tonight. Tonight could start momentum that could totally erase the bad memory of last year. Hey, I can dream can't I?

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                    Agreed, but it was fun getting Brent a little riled up and seeing him drop the whiny, excuse filled act even if was just for a little bit.

Huskies did a pretty good job keeping the gophers to the outside in their own zone. Faragher played very very well. The depth and balance on offense is going to be difficult for a lot of teams to match-up with throughout the year (not saying that was what won it for the Huskies last night as the Gophers are a very deep team as well.) One of the biggest differences I've noticed this year is the communication and chemistry they have on the ice. The effort on D was good but way too many odd man rushes given up by them pinching. Have to make sure a forward is getting back if the Dman is going to skate deep in the offensive zone.
                    Who's riled up? And I've made no excuses. And have not whined. MN crapped the bed last night. Plain and simple. SCSU took advantage.

Tonight I think it will be a whole 'nother story.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      I don't crap in stalls with no doors on them if I can help it. I dare you to take a crap in the downstairs bathroom of the press.
                      When nature calls, answer.
                      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Uh, SCSU hit the net when needed, which I mentioned. Are you that dumb where you can't deduce that from general statements?

MN may have gave them those chances, and they did, but SCSU could have also bricked. They didn't, unlike all of MN's odd man rushes. Seriously, you SCSU fans get stupider by the minute. It's crazy.
                        I'm pretty sure "stupider" isn't a real word at least not as far as Merriam and Webster are concerned.
                        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Anyone who's followed this series over the years should not be surprised by the outcome. Kudos to Cloud for the bend-but-don't-break effort.

History has demonstrated that the Gophers bring out the best in the Huskies. Christ, if the Huskies play like that every weekend they'd be world beaters.

Trouble is, they don't.

And won't

As wIth past years, last nights effort will likely prove to be the pinnacle of the Huskies season.

Comment

st cloud came out HARD and, although im not convinced the outcome was deserved, its about time the gophers lose a close one (I guess?)

get the split tonight because next weekend doesnt get any easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                              Anyone who's followed this series over the years should not be surprised by the outcome. Kudos to Cloud for the bend-but-don't-break effort.

History has demonstrated that the Gophers bring out the best in the Huskies. Christ, if the Huskies play like that every weekend they'd be world beaters.

Trouble is, they don't.

And won't

As wIth past years, last nights effort will likely prove to be the pinnacle of the Huskies season.
                              Beating the Gophers happens so often now it hasn't been the pinnacle of a Husky team's season in years.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

This is outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X