X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    It would have been nice if I got a nice welcome like this.
    Welcome on board AspyDad-how long have you been posting?
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Welcome back ServinisScores, if you haven't noticed we still nitpick people about postings. Hope you and yours are well.
      Either that, some of us just want to be like Ralph.

Comment

It would have been nice if I got a nice welcome like this.
        We probably all thought that you were related to that other Dad.

Yes, I know that you were here first.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
          TB......there is supposedly a bright spot on Providence. I hear that Miles Harvey (Dman) is an undrafted late bloomer with a bomb of a shot and quite a bit of buzz building on the free agency market...
          Good thing because it appears they have a bunch of mutts !!!
          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            We probably all thought that you were related to that other Dad.

Yes, I know that you were here first.
            I must admit you are getting funnier with age. Retirement has done well for you.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ralph Baer;5273849]We probably all thought that you were related to that other Dad. =Quote]

Well...AD does scream 'look at me look at me' (I'm still smarting over the rookie award that he stole from me when he joined the thread...)...so they do have THAT in common...

Comment

Welcome back ServinisScores, if you haven't noticed we still nitpick people about postings. Hope you and yours are well.
                Same to you. I've noticed, I just haven't had anything good to add.
                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Well...AD does scream 'look at me look at me' (I'm still smarting over the rookie award that he stole from me when he joined the thread...)...so they do have THAT in common...
                  And he flaunts it, too. Look at that signature... (insert comment about me being one to talk here)

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    And he flaunts it, too. Look at that signature... (insert comment about me being one to talk here)
                    Your freak flag screams the same thing...

Comment

[QUOTE=babo;5273876]
                      Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      We probably all thought that you were related to that other Dad. =Quote]

You know me to well babo, I'm a press hound.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        I must admit you are getting funnier with age. Retirement has done well for you.
                        It's tough being staright man for RB.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

It's tough being staright man for RB.
                          We've needed a straight man on these threads for years. We have sarcasm covered real well with RC, RB, B-12, FDude and myself.

Comment

So if Merrimack can earn top honors after having a poor record just 4 or so years ago, why wouldn't HE consider RPI? We will have a bright future either way, I'm just asking in case I missed something...

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              We've needed a straight man on these threads for years. We have sarcasm covered real well with RC, RB, B-12, FDude and myself.
                              We have "straight" people on here. How about JCrawford, GRussinko, realet, fr joe, Senna, cmmarkham, and quite a few others I know I'm forgetting? We don't hear from them as often as the sarcastic ones you mentioned, but what they post has always been quite informative.

Obligatory mention of AspyDad, troyboy, and babo, just because.

Comment

So if Merrimack can earn top honors after having a poor record just 4 or so years ago, why wouldn't HE consider RPI? We will have a bright future either way, I'm just asking in case I missed something...
                                Shiny philosophical answer: because things in this world aren't fair and decisions are rarely based on logically-sound premises.

Real answer: Like anything else in the world, I think it will matter to HE whether or not they can expand the "brand" of HE hockey by including RPI into the mix or if financially it would benefit the league. Though I think it is a perfect fit (apart from the academic profile of RPI, which I absolutely believe matches up better with the ECAC than HE), some will debate whether we will really add anything, geographic location, our recent relative lack of big success, etc. In other words: I haven't heard a solid argument AGAINST RPI being included in the HEA.
                                Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Working...
                                X