Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    First amendment. Read it...Live it.
    EHF is Congress?
    APBWiki

Comment

Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

First amendment. Read it...Live it.
      You really should read the first amendment before saying that to someone else. It limits the government's rights to control speech, not the rights of a private communications medium. It is also perfectly within the rights of a citizen to point out that political talk is inappropriate in certain settings. That in no way conflicts with the first amendment.
      Last edited by rpi82; 11-13-2011, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
        You really should read the first amendment before saying that to someone else. It limits the government's rights to control speech, not the rights of a private communications medium. It is also perfectly within the rights of a citizen to point out that political talk is inappropriate in certain settings. That in no way conflicts with the first amendment.
        When do you guys start burning the books? Look that was a lame joke on my part about Ed's other gig where he writes a conservative piece in the liberal Ragord. Let me say this one more time. Apparently, there is an ignore option on this enterprise we call USCHO fan forum and I suggest that if you're offended by me, you should put me on ignore.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

It is also perfectly within the rights of a citizen to point out that political talk is inappropriate in certain settings.
          That's the spirit. Imagine people being able to write what they want.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

That's the spirit. Imagine people being able to write what they want.
            or wear a UCONN sweatshirt to an RPI hockey game
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              This country is polarized enough. Take you conservative BS to the community site where it belongs.
              Without Freedom of Thought, there can be no such thing as Wisdom; and no such thing as public Liberty, without Freedom of Speech.

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, The New England Courant, Jul. 9, 1722

I thought you might enjoy as a devotee of Franklin.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                but the baby had the RPI onesie on you got her. You the man!!!!

Comment

but the baby had the RPI onesie on you got her. You the man!!!!
                  hahaha..wish I'd seen her.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I was looking at the ECAC standings (after my review of the federalist papers) and some teams that I thought would be good aren't in much better shape then we are in (i.e. the Q, Union). I still hopeful for a top 8 finish.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      That may work, but not Clarkson.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I was looking at the ECAC standings (after my review of the federalist papers) and some teams that I thought would be good aren't in much better shape then we are in (i.e. the Q, Union). I still hopeful for a top 8 finish.
                        Top 8? I am surprised -I have not given up on a bye. This team could do what many of our past teams have not done-actually improve as the season goes on. This freshman offense will score and if the defense can keep playing most games and holding down the scoring to around 2 goals we will not be an easy team to beat for anyone soon. Sure, 2-9 does not scare many people but I suspect that those who look carefully at RPI will not take them lightly. With a healthy freshman contingent we will exert a lot more offensive pressure than we saw at Clarkson and SLU. I want to wait until we see how this team handles Union Tuesday night before I start thinking that they cannot be a top 4 league team.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Without Freedom of Thought, there can be no such thing as Wisdom; and no such thing as public Liberty, without Freedom of Speech.

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, The New England Courant, Jul. 9, 1722

I thought you might enjoy as a devotee of Franklin.
                          I understand your rights, and I even fought in a war to allow you to continue those freedoms. I just don't want to hear politics on a hockey board.
                          I know my options, I can leave the board, or I can just ignore you.
                          I would rather not do either.
                          But if you insist on bringing your ideolgy to this board, I will leave.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            But if you insist on bringing your ideolgy to this board, I will leave.
                            I would never allow someone to have control over me like that. I hope you stay but I am not going to allow you to censor me... like I wouldn't censor you. Thank you for your service and Happy belated Veteran's Day.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Top 8? I am surprised -I have not given up on a bye. This team could do what many of our past teams have not done-actually improve as the season goes on. This freshman offense will score and if the defense can keep playing most games and holding down the scoring to around 2 goals we will not be an easy team to beat for anyone soon. Sure, 2-9 does not scare many people but I suspect that those who look carefully at RPI will not take them lightly. With a healthy freshman contingent we will exert a lot more offensive pressure than we saw at Clarkson and SLU. I want to wait until we see how this team handles Union Tuesday night before I start thinking that they cannot be a top 4 league team.
                              hope you're right Doc. I hope this scoring dearth is over. I still believe. I want to see them score more before I talk top 4 but I do believe. You're right Neal will help too.

Comment

I was told there'd be no politics...

Comment

Working...
                                X