• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Must be some severe flu I wonder if our boys get the flu shot before the season starts? It may not prevent all cases but even in those that it does not work-it makes the disease much shorter in duration.
    rvd5star69 posted that it actually was an injury http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5289644.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    "Earl" Weaver's preview article http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory about the LP game.

I wonder whose name he left out here :
    Must be some severe flu I wonder if our boys get the flu shot before the season starts? It may not prevent all cases but even in those that it does not work-it makes the disease much shorter in duration.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

"Earl" Weaver's preview article http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory about the LP game.

I wonder whose name he left out here :
    Freshman right winger, the Engineers’ No. 2 scorer (3-3-6), is still suffering from the flu after missing last weekend’s two games and hasn’t skated all week. He says he still hopes “to play.”

Appert said “probably not,” however.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-09-2011, 05:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by babo View Post
    Oiy...well, then you must buy slip on shoes and brand your woman...
    I just had to make sure she did not see that post.

Leave a comment:

• babo
    replied

If it's any help-I suffered 1 major and 2 minor concussions in my early years. I turned out to be pretty much OK-but sometimes I cannot tie my shoes properly and quite often forget who I am married to.
    Oiy...well, then you must buy slip on shoes and brand your woman...

Leave a comment:

• babo
    replied

Originally posted by Hockey111 View Post
    Are you serious? It really doesn�t matter who we play at this point. No clear standouts. We have a lot of really good players that need to pull it together more as a team. But at this point, I don�t see anyone racking up the points or standing out. So, for the players that may follow this board. It�s an even playing field. Keep working hard and more cohesively as a team. I feel a BIG W! Good luck this weekend.
    If any of the players follow this board, they will not be affected by any of our input on this board. Only the coaches affect whether they play or not (this is a concept that seemed to elude a certain poster whose name shall not be mentioned...). The Olympic ice sheet lends itself to the faster skater...I'm fully aware of the skill sets at play here and even I wouldn't be offended by what works...

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by babo View Post
    It is my single worst nightmare...there's a video related to the article on youtube. My heart breaks for his family
    If it's any help-I suffered 1 major and 2 minor concussions in my early years. I turned out to be pretty much OK-but sometimes I cannot tie my shoes properly and quite often forget who I am married to.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    Speaking of concussions, Doc, did you read this week's series in the NY Times on Derek Boorgard? Very disturbing. Sorry if I digress.
    Extremely disturbing-but something not unknown in medical circles for a long time. I am not a neurologist-but have been involved in the treatment of concussions for many years. I have always felt that the effects of concussions are more than cummulative-they seem to worsen in a geometric progression. I am not sure if one ever completely recovers from a severe grade 3 concussion (current classification-in my old medical school days these were classified as grade 4). Too many players in the past were rushed back into action while still experiencing symptoms.

Leave a comment:

• babo
    replied

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
    For those who purchased their tickets at the HFH for Saturday in L.P, what section is the RPI contingent in? Thanks.
    I don't normally sit in a seat so you can find me bouncing around in the raccoon coat...I resemble a momma Kodiak...who else will be there?

Leave a comment:

• babo
    replied

Speaking of concussions, Doc, did you read this week's series in the NY Times on Derek Boorgard? Very disturbing. Sorry if I digress.
    It is my single worst nightmare...there's a video related to the article on youtube. My heart breaks for his family

Leave a comment:

• DavidSec17
    replied

For those who purchased their tickets at the HFH for Saturday in L.P, what section is the RPI contingent in? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Wholin1
    replied

Agree-that does make sense. For most injuries I agree but concussions? It seems to me the head in practice just has to be off limits. Just my usual 2¢

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

I'm pretty sure they were in game injuries. I believe Grosenick has been sick. As far as practice injuries are concerned, I think they are common if for no other reason than they spend a lot more time practicing than playing in games.
    Agree-that does make sense. For most injuries I agree but concussions? It seems to me the head in practice just has to be off limits. Just my usual 2¢

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

Did you confuse yourself with someone else? I thought you were "he who looks for any reason to get his post count up. *"

I thought Ralph was referring to He Who Must Be Ignored.

* and will post even without a reason if need be.
    RPI 2011-12 Part IV: RB and FD08 Run Up their Post Counts

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

Did you confuse yourself with someone else? I thought you were "he who looks for any reason to get his post count up. *"

I thought Ralph was referring to He Who Must Be Ignored.

* and will post even without a reason if need be.
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X