X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Thank God for Turk..he's the only one that likes me on the board, that includes my brother.
    I did not read that as meaning he likes you-just that he agrees with you.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

thought Doc. might find this interesting regarding concussions. I was told about this by one of our posters....http://www.usahockeymagazine.com/art...09/wave-future This is just one of many sites addressing this "new" treatment.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        thought Doc. might find this interesting regarding concussions. I was told about this by one of our posters....http://www.usahockeymagazine.com/art...09/wave-future This is just one of many sites addressing this "new" treatment.
        Turk-not totally new but another of the techniques to get players bigger and stronger or repaired more quickly. In sports, time is of the essence and anything and everything is being tried to get results faster. After my shoulder surgery in 2006 I was hooked up to something very similar to the ARP machine. I can attest that 30 minutes using these electronic stimulators is like exercising for 24 hours or more-I felt completely wasted. I think the book hasn't been written as yet as to the long term effects of this rapid stimulation. In the short run, there is probably no question it helps get muscle injuries back in shape more quickly and can build strength faster than traditional methods. What is not so clear is the effects down the road of this rapid build up or repair. Sometimes we do not find out about the untoward effects for some time. I try to keep abreast of all the newer medical treatments since i am still only semi retired and do a lot of consultation work-but I am also an old time medical conservative and believe strongly in RICE for most injuries (Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation) and other than to get an athlete back into the game in record time-I believe in giving injuries a proper time frame to heal. Just my medical 2¢

Comment

always appreciate your thoughts/knowledge when it comes to the medical field Doc...thanks for the input on ARP.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Given RIT seemed to control play in most of the 3rd, I would disagree with that sentiment. If they showed disinterest at any time, it would have been towards the beginning of the game. Maybe we were just playing Prevent D and trying to preserve the shutout, hence why I could have been fooled, but I don't think so, given between about 17 and 19 minutes, we were playing in their zone preventing the goalie from being pulled.
            What the hell game were you watching?
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              The one right in front of me. How about you?

Comment

In case anyone was wondering, it has been 440:04 since we have scored an even strength goal. During that time we've had 1 shorty and 5 PPGs. I know we said that we needed work on the power play, but I don't think we had THIS in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I realize that it was sold out. I just meant that students typically make more noise than townies.
                  You got something against townies Ralph
                  What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

WOW !!!!!!!!!! Providence had a 9 spot hung on them over the weekend....their defense is much worse than originally thought....it appears they got NOTHIN !!!
                    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I realize that it was sold out. I just meant that students typically make more noise than townies.
                      Maybe it is a dietary thing-like eating more nachos and beans?

Comment

I didn't do anything, and I am not sure what you mean.
                        Obviously an ineffectuve attempt at teasing on my part...
                        Last edited by babo; 11-27-2011, 11:12 AM. Reason: ommission corrected

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                          You got something against townies Ralph
                          Absolutely not, however it has been said here many times that the southside of the HFH is typically quiet.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Maybe it is a dietary thing-like eating more nachos and beans?
                            That too.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              I agree with FD...RIT brought all they had...it just wasn't enough. There are nuances to each game, and ebb and flow. As Turk said, it was an engaging game with no air leaving the building at any point.I might go so far as to say this was RPI's best effort to date AND RIT brought it out of us...

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                                WOW !!!!!!!!!! Providence had a 9 spot hung on them over the weekend....their defense is much worse than originally thought....it appears they got NOTHIN !!!
                                You're an evil genius...

Comment

Working...
                                X