X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

For the record, I am straight.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      FD-I just think there is a big difference between "straight' people and a straight man (as in a foil for all the sarcastic comments). We have lots of valuable posters and we seem to add more each year.
      Perhaps there is a misunderstanding as to "foil for all the sarcastic comments". At no point was I referring to a person's sexual orientation.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Perhaps there is a misunderstanding as to "foil for all the sarcastic comments". At no point was I referring to a person's sexual orientation.
        But it sounded like you were.

I'll also say the same thing as RC "For the record, I am straight."

To think that I have been complaining about alum posts being off-topic here.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The people you mentioned don't provide sarcastic comments, but they're not a foil for them, so they wouldn't be a straight person by the definition employed by most comedians.

Also, just three days to live hockey! Hooray!
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

okay, I'll just come straight out and say it:

Best wishes to all for a Happy Thanksgiving!
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
              okay, I'll just come straight out and say it:

Best wishes to all for a Happy Thanksgiving!
              Same to you and everyone else! Don't forget, to get your fix of hockeyness this weekend, there's the NHL Thanksgiving Showdown (Red Wings vs. Bruins) at 1 PM ET, and then the RPI@RIT game Friday night on TWC3!

Go red! (The RPI one) and go Bruins! (Between the two)
              Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by ralph baer View Post
                in the liberty hockey league?
                never say that again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                  never say that again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Yes, Sir!

How about the Laliberte Hockey League?
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The RPI athletic department has redesigned the website.
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-23-2011, 02:02 AM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I see that they have redesigned the website.

It needs some work. The links at the bottom aren't functioning. And when you first look at the page, there appears to be a button for "Men's Sports" and none for Women's Sports, though if I drag my mouse over the Men's Sports button, it changes so that listings of both men's and women's sports appear.

In the events that (1) RPI does not join Hockey East and (2) the Ivies split to form their own league, I would imagine that the Ivies would cede the ECAC label to the remaining teams from the 12-team league, so if anyone is grossly offended by the thought of a Liberty Hockey League, they probably don't need to worry about it.

Although if Quinnipiac were to join Hockey East and RIT were to replace them as the ECAC's sixth team, we would then have a situation in which five-sixths of the ECAC would consist of schools that are currently members of the Liberty League in other sports.

Comment

That would be weird, an entire league playing up in one sport.
                        National Champions 2014!
                        Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                        Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                        Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post
                          That would be weird, an entire league playing up in one sport.
                          Skidmore and Hobart play hockey at the D-III level.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Skidmore and Hobart play hockey at the D-III level.
                            And Hobart already moves up for Lacrosse...

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                              In the events that (1) RPI does not join Hockey East and (2) the Ivies split to form their own league, I would imagine that the Ivies would cede the ECAC label to the remaining teams from the 12-team league, so if anyone is grossly offended by the thought of a Liberty Hockey League, they probably don't need to worry about it.

Although if Quinnipiac were to join Hockey East and RIT were to replace them as the ECAC's sixth team, we would then have a situation in which five-sixths of the ECAC would consist of schools that are currently members of the Liberty League in other sports.
                              Im guessing if this were to happen there would be some kind of merger with the western based AHA schools, maybe BGSU out of the WCHA and Buffalo if they get a program going for a new 10 or 12 team ECAC. I dont think Hobart or Skidmore will ever move hockey to D1. Hobarts rink only seats 500 and im sure Skidmore has the same issue.

Also some interesting results from last nights games featuring ECAC teams, AIC shuts out Brown 3-0 and 0-11 Sacred Heart upsets Yale 7-6, while being outshot something like 53-19

Comment

Wow.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X