This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

RHam, I know you're not responsible for it, but I'm sure you are in touch with the powers that are...we have a fancy video scoreboard, and yet no video intro for the team yet this season! I asked Beattie about it earlier this year, and he had stated it wasn't ready yet. Well here we are in mid-November and still no pumpup video!
    I enjoyed the hell out of last year's, and I want it to come back.
    Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
      Speaking of RPI TV...It looks like only the pregame and first period against Brown are up. Did it get lost again?
      Our encoding and streaming server looks like it crashed last night. Hopefully it will be back up in the next few hours, and we can processing the last two periods. I think Period 2 might already be done, the server just needs to be power cycled.
      Watch many of the RPI hockey games on our website, rpitv.org

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
        A random tuesday night. Tell everyone you know to go to this game. Let's get a good crowd at the hfh.
        I don't know why you asking me this, but OK, I'll tell everyone.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I don't know why you asking me this, but OK, I'll tell everyone.
          At least he's got the grammar down. Now all we gotta work on is when to select "Reply With Quote" rather than just "Reply" or "Reply to Thread".

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            At least he's got the grammar down. Now all we gotta work on is when to select "Reply With Quote" rather than just "Reply" or "Reply to Thread".
            Not sure you're the right person to be criticizing others' posting habits.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I've seen several people here post how they hate the 1-3-1 trap. Not sure how many people saw this response to it.....

http://nhl-red-light.si.com/2011/11/...he-entire-nhl/
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                Not sure you're the right person to be criticizing others' posting habits.
                When did I say anything about running up my post count, or communicating by means of a rear external orifice? translation: talking out of your ***

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  I've seen several people here post how they hate the 1-3-1 trap. Not sure how many people saw this response to it.....

http://nhl-red-light.si.com/2011/11/...he-entire-nhl/
                  I saw what Philly did-unreal. The protest was entertaining, but clearly there are ways to beat the trap: the Engineers got their shutout against Brown while the St. Louis Blues were busy beating the Lightning's trap with a 3-0 shutout of their own.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    translation: talking out of your ***
                    Yes, I am aware that this is a problem with you. You didn't need to be so explicit.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

The cherry & red's big problem this year seems to be errant passing in the neutral zone and their offensive end of the ice of the ice. If you are going to play to win 1-0 games you can't give the puck away. A player coming through the neutal zone has to gain the redline and dump it.
                      If the pass isn't open in the offensive end don't force it. Play possession, throw it in deep and cycle!
                      Until the offense starts to click on its passing and scoring you can't turn the puck over. Most turnovers in the neutral zone result in odd man rushes.

Comment

Another scintallating article from the Master Word Smith himself on tonight's tilt versus that school at the end of Rte. 7.
                        http://troyrecord.com/articles/2011/...mode=fullstory
                        Last edited by AspyDad; 11-15-2011, 09:38 AM.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Prediction - Paul Stewart will send Hicks over to do the game. If that is the case I am going to make a formal complaint with the league offices.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            Prediction - Paul Stewart will send Hicks over to do the game. If that is the case I am going to make a formal complaint with the league offices.
                            Do you need a seconder?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              At least he has replay this time.

Unless, of course, the call that was made last time is not reviewable.

Comment

RPI lineup http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...on.pdf?id=1135
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X