X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ MSUM: The Patient Shows Some Signs Of LIfe

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    I sure love that puppy arrogance.

Glad to see the puppies used that talent well tonight.

Nice win, Mavs.
    Good win for the Mavs tonight. Played pretty well, but still had a few rough patches in there. I was impressed with the fight after falling behind in the first period. A couple of the guys looked a bit lazy in working towards the puck, but Jutting got on them pretty quickly and that turned it around. First and, to and extent, the third period were a bit sloppy and SCSU bailed MSU out by taking some penalties.
    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

We never beat the Mavs when we're supposed to (which generally is every year). This is why I stay away from posting on these weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Weldie View Post
        Thanks, MavHockey14! I hang around. Pop in every now and then (usually to vent about my team). I'm always up for a trip to Green Lake! Things going well for you (especially after tonight)?
        The win tonight definitely helps! It was a good win for us! En route to Iowa City currently for the Hawkeye game tomorrow. Gonna be a short night, tailgating starts early am! Definitely gonna have to hit up Green Lake again next summer, I'm ready! Good to know all is well!
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Go Mavs! Nice work.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

I listened to bits and pieces of the game at work, but this is what I gathered:

Huskies started off strong, but got sloppy as the game went on. There were some boneheaded penalties committed Husky players. The own-goal by Hanowski didn'tdo anything to help us, but there were more reasons than that why we lost last night.

I thought before the series that SCSU is a far better team than Mankato, and we still are after last night. We just need to play smarter tonight and we'll get two points out of the weekend.

Oh, and the Gophers lost to Wisconsin. So the night wasn't all that bad hockey-wise.

Comment

The Mavs played well! They killed off all the PPs. The 2 goals they gave up we defensive miscues that ended up in odd men rushes they couldn't recover from.

Comment

The Huskies played like dirt against Mankato what a surprise.. No matter how good or bad the Hsukies are they seem to always have stinkers against the Mavs. Last night the Mavs played well and the Huskies stumbled and fell all over themselves. Must win tonight if the Hsukies think they are a top half team in the league this year.
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I'll believe the Huskies are a top half team in this league when they figure out how to not wet themselves against the landcows. Splitting at NoDak is one thing, if they want to contend this year anything less than 3 points against Mankato, Bemidji, Anchorage, and so on is a fail. Good teams, frozen 4 quality teams, find a way to win games against teams that they have struggled against. 3-5-3 in their last 11 against Mankato. Not gonna cut it.
                  This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                  www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyredshoes View Post
                    I'll believe the Huskies are a top half team in this league when they figure out how to not wet themselves against the landcows. Splitting at NoDak is one thing, if they want to contend this year anything less than 3 points against Mankato, Bemidji, Anchorage, and so on is a fail. Good teams, frozen 4 quality teams, find a way to win games against teams that they have struggled against. 3-5-3 in their last 11 against Mankato. Not gonna cut it.
                    St. Cloud should finish in the top half of the WCHA. They are still trying to figure out how to fill the void left by Drew's absence.

However, Friday night was a poor performance. The first period was Kato tempo and style; smash bumpers cars with dumps into the zone coupled with spin-a-rama no-look shots at the goal and hope for rebound garbage goals. Not sure if Faragher was always ready for some of those shots. Then Hanowski scores against us trying to clear the crease. Then we give up a shorty after some Husckey came in and upended himself and two others against the boards behind the Kato goal. You knew it was one of those games we weren't supposed to win. It also was very frustrating to watch and listen to those moronic Kato television announcers on Charter. Hopefully we won't have to hear their play-by-play next season in our last year in the WCHA.

By comparison, last night was a blast to watch, especially the first period. You knew the Husckeys would come out shooting after the miserable game the previous night. I had to feed the radio broadcast from KVSC and get rid of the stupid TV announcers.

Weird night last night. I and a couple other buddies left a St. Cloud hockey TV party and went to the bars. We ran into husband and wife WCCO anchors, Frank V. and Amelia S., who were on a date (and only mildly impressed with our Cardinal and Black sweaters) while I kept getting asked by a woman if I was 'Billy Hengen'? Billy Hengen, really?

Comment

Working...
                    X