SCSU @ MSUM: The Patient Shows Some Signs Of LIfe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU @ MSUM: The Patient Shows Some Signs Of LIfe

Mankato stunned a lot of people by coming back and taking the Saturday night game in Houghton for a split. SCSU took three points at home from Wisconsin after a blowout on Friday and blowing a two-goal lead late thanks to a couple of penalties the cardinal and black don't seem to agree with.

While a lot of people may look at the teams and call for a SCSU sweep or 3 pts, MSUM seems to have their number in recent years; SCSU always finishes ahead of MSUM, but usually loses the season series.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: SCSU @ MSUM: The Patient Shows Some Signs Of LIfe

Would be really great if the guys would take care of business against the Landcows this year. Mankato always plays really well against us.

This is a series that if the Huskies want to stay in the race probably need to sweep.

Still bumming about Drew
    SCSU!

Comment

It looks like the freshmen, Leitner and LaFontaine, are actual scoring threats. We're not used to that.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Another must sweep weekend.
        Bob is making me concerned
        I am the voice of reason

Comment

SCSU goalies seems to make some heads-up passes down the ice that I think will turn into a goal this weekend.

Comment

According to Hatten's blog, he quoted coach Motzko as saying that the rest of the team will need to pick up their play because of Drew's injury. It has to start this weekend...come out and show the college hockey world that this setback will make the team play with more resolve!
            There is Hope . . .

Comment

Sucks to hear about Leblanc for Cloud. Sounds like he hasn't contributed an abundance of points thus far, but still had the potential to do so when healthy.

Here's to hoping Cloud sweeps the Purple Cows and gets everyone hyped for two weeks from now when I come visit you boys at MC's Dugout and the NHC. I am looking way more forward to that series than playing sconnie this coming weekend....
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                It looks like the freshmen, Leitner and LaFontaine, are actual scoring threats. We're not used to that.
                But they and one other player (another freshman) are the only guys on your team to have scored more than one goal this year. Not a lot of scoring going on with the Land Cows this year. Fortunately for Kato, Lee has played extremely well so far.

Tough ending to an overall good weekend for St. Cloud. Godspeed Mr. White.

Should be a tough series for the Husckeys (who are missing two of their three captains to injuries) with the games on the road, Land Cows beginning to heal their early season injured players, and the past history that St. Cloud always struggles against MN St. - Mankato.

St. Cloud sits 19th in Pairwise and slowly movin' on up. Husckeys sweep!

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                  Sucks to hear about Leblanc for Cloud. Sounds like he hasn't contributed an abundance of points thus far, but still had the potential to do so when healthy.
                  No, actually he leads us with 12 points in 10 games. USCHO wrote an article basically implying that, and I'm sure you just read that and inferred it. Which is fine by me, you shouldn't be expected to be up on those things. People who call themselves sports writers should.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                    No, actually he leads us with 12 points in 10 games. USCHO wrote an article basically implying that, and I'm sure you just read that and inferred it. Which is fine by me, you shouldn't be expected to be up on those things. People who call themselves sports writers should.
                    Good post Euro. My thoughts as well. LeBlanc was on track for a 36-40+ point year again.

Looking forward to the Gopher series as well Wes. First thing is first. We can't afford to look ahead past the Mavs. Those guys love to play us and seem to enjoy eating our lunch. I say no more. Huskies bring the broom to Mankato and despite WCHA Zebras' best efforts, get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                      Good post Euro. My thoughts as well. LeBlanc was on track for a 36-40+ point year again.

Looking forward to the Gopher series as well Wes. First thing is first. We can't afford to look ahead past the Mavs. Those guys love to play us and seem to enjoy eating our lunch. I say no more. Huskies bring the broom to Mankato and despite WCHA Zebras' best efforts, get it done.
                      I hear ya, I want to take care of sconnie first, but I just have way more excitement built up for the Cloud series. Sconnie is a road trip I can't make and I will have to suffer through BTN announcers on TV. It's not that I'm looking past them at all, just looking more forward to the Cloud series. Are you making the trip to Kato? We are going to attempt to make it up to the pond this week with the full moon being on Thursday(we are hoping there will still be a bite on Friday if there is a bite at all).

That is where I got my info Euro. Please excuse my ignorance.
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                        That is where I got my info Euro. Please excuse my ignorance.
                        No apologies needed, again, we need to expect more from the people who call themselves "College hockey journalists"

Comment

LaFontaine has been a surprise thus far, we knew Leitner had it in him, he's looked great lately. When healthy, the Mavs will play anyone close.

**** the Huskies, get some points Mavs!
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                            LaFontaine has been a surprise thus far, we knew Leitner had it in him, he's looked great lately. When healthy, the Mavs will play anyone close.
                            Let's not get carried away.
                            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Let's not get carried away.
                              We've seen them relatively healthy three times; a win at RPI, a 1 goal loss at MTU, and a 3 goal win at MTU.

playing a team close and winning games is entirely different.
                              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                              X