Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ MSUM: The Patient Shows Some Signs Of LIfe

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Thus far, not sure how my statement couldn't be true. I gave you the proof, and it is what it is. I woudnt be surprised to see the Mavs lose a ton of close, hard fought games this year. I would be a little surprised if they won a bunch, but they're young and scrappy.

Plus one big thing with injuries is the lack of opportunity to get chemistry with lines, etc. With guys being shuffled in and out frequently, it's tough to get things to click.
    I hope the purple cows lose in two blowouts this weekend and the rest of the year for that matter....
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      I hope the purple cows lose in two blowouts this weekend and the rest of the year for that matter....
      Thanks for your input.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
        Thanks for your input.
        I concur Wes! Except while Mavs may be using that "sarcasm" thingie, I'm not.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
          Thanks for your input.
          Nothing against you MavsFan, just has to do with another fan of your team on this board

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            I concur Wes! Except while Mavs may be using that "sarcasm" thingie, I'm not.
            Like I have said multiple times since I joined here. I don't like Cloud very much, but the Husky fans on this board are good people.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

You're right... that does need to happen in a hurry. We play the Gophers in ten days. Good thing we get you guys this weekend. Talent has this one too lopsided.

# of SCSU goals this weekend > # of Purple Cows that would see ice time if they played for SCSU

Huskies Sweep

You gave me no proof, you gave me a tiny sample size. Now I could be wrong, but I don't think Mankato manages more than a .250, .300 at the most winning percentage against the WCHA's top 5 this year (for argument's sake, let's call that group MN, UMD, CC, DU, UNO in no particular order). And if that ends up being the case, that is not being able to compete with anyone in the country... that's getting tossed around.
              That's all of the sample size we have so far. We have struggled to put full rosters on the ice thus far. And losing a bunch of close, hard fought games against those teams would be competing with them. Like I said, that is entirely different than winning a bunch of games.
              Oh wes...what did I ever do to you?!
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Like I have said multiple times since I joined here. I don't like Cloud very much, but the Husky fans on this board are good people.

New here Wes?

Comment

That's all of the sample size we have so far. We have struggled to put full rosters on the ice thus far. And losing a bunch of close, hard fought games against those teams would be competing with them. Like I said, that is entirely different than winning a bunch of games.
                  So if Mankato had had that atrocious record against the Gophers but all those losses were one or two goals, that's "competing?"

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Oh wes...what did I ever do to you?!
                    I told you last week, you're an idiot. That's what you did....

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post

New here Wes?
                    No, I haven't had any run-ins yet though.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

So if Mankato had had that atrocious record against the Gophers but all those losses were one or two goals, that's "competing?"
                      They would've competed in all of the games, yes. They just didn't have enough to win those games. In a rebuilding year, with a lot of injuries, competing is playing close with a team night in and night out, regardless the results; if you're playing a team close, it's more than likely to win a few of those games as well.
                      AF 99

Comment

They would've competed in all of the games, yes. They just didn't have enough to win those games. In a rebuilding year, with a lot of injuries, competing is playing close with a team night in and night out, regardless the results; if you're playing a team close, it's more than likely to win a few of those games as well.
                        Guess our definition is different. I think of "competing" as having some measure of success.

"Mankato hockey: Settin' the bar low... nope, lower.... no dude, I wanna jump OVER it not limbo under it"

Comment

Guess our definition is different. I think of "competing" as having some measure of success.

"Mankato hockey: Settin' the bar low... nope, lower.... no dude, I wanna jump OVER it not limbo under it"
                          You have the arrogance of a Gopher fan.

I understand what you are saying, and I'm not saying competing in games and losing them is success. Clearly success is measured in wins. My point was simple; the Mavs can compete in anyone, or to clarify, IN ANY GAME this year, when healthy.
                          AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post

New here Wes?
                            Hey, this Wes guy seems like a smart dude!
                            "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                              Hey, this Wes guy seems like a smart dude!
                              I may be a lot of things, but don't ever accuse me of being smart.

Seriously, you guys may want to save your judgements on me until I come visit you guys a week from Friday.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I may be a lot of things, but don't ever accuse me of being smart.

Seriously, you guys may want to save your judgements on me until I come visit you guys a week from Friday.
                                You like college hockey, and like to fish. = good guy. I have been so impressed I have already made you a humble pie for when you come to visit next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X