Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND is going down the tubes.

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
    It isn't clever or funny... even the second time.
    Third time's the charm?
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
      It isn't clever or funny... even the second time.
      How the **** would you know? I figured I needed to repeat it as it was far too subtle for a Nodaker to get it the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
        I wasn't embarrassed. It's not like we had a team of Canadians, with a Canadian coach, that throw lawn mowers and **** on each other in elevators, and an abusive and hostile mascot that always chokes at the end of the year anyway.
        You would think "the state of hockey" could outshine a few canadians and their inept coaching since they spend the majority of their time drinking and driving or being detained. I guess that is difficult when the canadians are ending your season or laughing while UAA ends it in your own barn.
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
          You would think "the state of hockey" could outshine a few canadians and their inept coaching since they spend the majority of their time drinking and driving or being detained. I guess that is difficult when the canadians are ending your season or laughing while UAA ends it in your own barn.
          UND fan modus operandi appears to be as follows.

When UND is successful: Incessantly rip apart the rival program's current state and dismiss any attempt by their fans to bring up the past. Defend vehemently that the past doesn't matter, criticising anyone who brings up a game from the past few years in which the rival may have won. Focus on now, for that is what's important!

When UND blows goats: Incessantly rip apart the rival program's past few years of futility, and dismiss any attempt by them to bring up the current success of said rival program. Turns out the past does indeed matter, and should be brought up constantly to remind rival of it. Focus on the past, for that is what's important!

Quite simple, really.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post

that's why we have won two, yes two national championships since your Canadians managed to win und's last one. Minnesota even won a national championship when you had god on your team.
            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post

When UND is successful: Incessantly rip apart the rival program's current state and dismiss any attempt by their fans to bring up the past. Defend vehemently that the past doesn't matter, criticising anyone who brings up a game from the past few years in which the rival may have won. Focus on now, for that is what's important!

When UND blows goats: Incessantly rip apart the rival program's past few years of futility, and dismiss any attempt by them to bring up the current success of said rival program. Turns out the past does indeed matter, and should be brought up constantly to remind rival of it. Focus on the past, for that is what's important!

Quite simple, really.
              Very simple. This is basically what fans of any fan base attempt to do.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

SCSU Euro:

I'd agree with MN, UMD, and CC being in the top tier (although none of the three look as dominant as some recent WCHA champions), but I'd add Denver. Their PP and top scorers haven't produced at the expected level yet (but they will), and I think that Murry going down with an injury may actually be good for them with the Finn taking over. They dropped and tied a few surprising games, but I think that was a fluke and they're about to get started on a very strong run.
                I agree with SCSU and UNO being in the 2nd tier.
                I agree with MTU, UND and UW all being in the third tier, but I think BSU belongs there as well. They might not have the talent of the other three, but I think the bottom two are in a class unto themselves.
                I'd only put Mankato and UAA alone in the bottom tier. I think UAA is going to have trouble scoring more than 2 goals a game, and Mankato will have trouble keeping opponents under 4. Othe than the odd fluke win against the top 10, I think these two will struggle to beat anyone but each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                  SCSU Euro:

I'd agree with MN, UMD, and CC being in the top tier (although none of the three look as dominant as some recent WCHA champions), but I'd add Denver. Their PP and top scorers haven't produced at the expected level yet (but they will), and I think that Murry going down with an injury may actually be good for them with the Finn taking over. They dropped and tied a few surprising games, but I think that was a fluke and they're about to get started on a very strong run.
                  I agree with SCSU and UNO being in the 2nd tier.
                  I agree with MTU, UND and UW all being in the third tier, but I think BSU belongs there as well. They might not have the talent of the other three, but I think the bottom two are in a class unto themselves.
                  I'd only put Mankato and UAA alone in the bottom tier. I think UAA is going to have trouble scoring more than 2 goals a game, and Mankato will have trouble keeping opponents under 4. Othe than the odd fluke win against the top 10, I think these two will struggle to beat anyone but each other.
                  That's funny, 'cause if I had to "overload" any groupings, I would've moved BSU up and instead of moving DU up, I'd almost move CC down, but I was doing it nice and easy to break down a 3, 3, 3, 3 tier. I still think that in the end UND, UW and MTU have finish ahead of BSU, but I could see DU catching some of the top 3's, particularly a) when/if Brittain comes back and b) how much rust he has. I guess right now I have more faith in CC, but going if Brittain comes back healthy I'd go the other way.
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post

Quite simple, really.
                    Don't try to church it up, we're just keeping up with the Joneses.
                    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

that's why we have won two, yes two national championships since your Canadians managed to win und's last one. Minnesota even won a national championship when you had god on your team.
                      If we're playing the Sioux Game, then I submit, with your evidence, 2 > 0. Let's keep it in this century, at least.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        If we're playing the Sioux Game, then I submit, with your evidence, 2 > 0. Let's keep it in this century, at least.
                        Didn't you mean millennium?
                        "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
                          Didn't you mean millennium?
                          That would also work. And be more effective.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                            Wow! Easy sweep eh? Your team barely came out of the second game with the win, the Sioux had the lead going into the third period. If beating UND was easy the Goofs would have won 5-0.
                            If not for Dell single-handedly keeping them in it, it probably would have been the 5-0 score we just saw against Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                              I was trying to get the Obsession bottle posted but it didn't work.
                              Was your intent to be ironic or hypocritical?

Comment

Exactly. I hope they all keep this in mind:

# of NCAA rings:
                                Chad Roberg = 2
                                Everyone who ever played for Hakstol = 0

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                                With the defections,injuries and uninspired play, this Sioux team sounds eerily familiar to the Gophers from the last couple of years.
                                Interesting. I never thought of it that way. This is taking obsession to a whole new level as the team is striving to follow in our footsteps of the last few years.
                                Last edited by Tiggsy; 11-23-2011, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X