UND is going down the tubes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    a team from Minnesota won the national championship, and hakstool choked with a team with way more talent than any other in the WCHA. now, UND is fighting it out for last place. you go ahead and talk about last year all you want, the rest of us will be laughing at und's epic failure this year. there is a very good chance that not only will you lose your abusive and hostile mascot, but you will finish in last place.
    I was referring to the fact that you seem to forget that your program has been a dumpster fire for 3 years and now that they have won a couple games you are ready to to crown them the October champions. Well I promise you this, you will get offered a job that's pays a salary instead of your customary hourly rate before UMTC wins another NC.
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Re: UND is going down the tubes.

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
      ...now that they have won a couple games you are ready to to crown them the October champions.
      Link?

Comment

I was referring to the fact that you seem to forget that your program has been a dumpster fire for 3 years and now that they have won a couple games you are ready to to crown them the October champions. Well I promise you this, you will get offered a job that's pays a salary instead of your customary hourly rate before UMTC wins another NC.

no, we were above 500 2/3 of those years, and beat a lot of good teams. there is no comparison to this years horrible UND team to those mediocre gopher teams. you guys suck way more. Most wcha teams can't wait to get the easy sweep from und this year.
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Link?
          Being happy that your team is playing well in November means you're crowning them national champions...are you new?

Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

no, we were above 500 2/3 of those years, and beat a lot of good teams. there is no comparison to this years horrible UND team to those mediocre gopher teams. you guys suck way more. Most wcha teams can't wait to get the easy sweep from und this year.
            Nothing is worse than having your season ended by UAA at home and UND the year before, you're program was embarrassing and I will continue to make sure you dont conveniently forget that fact.
            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Nothing is worse than having your season ended by UAA at home and UND the year before, you're program was embarrassing and I will continue to make sure you dont conveniently forget that fact.
              Thank you. There is no one else on this website willing to work that tireless job. Carry on soldier, carry on.

Comment

Can we have a sweep this weekend?
                World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                  UND will up near the top like usual come March.
                  That probably isn't happening this season. Their goaltending and top players aren't good enough to overcome their lack of depth.

Even the UND's of the world cannot escape the inevitable rebuilding years.

Comment

Dave Woogstal will turn this team around! Or not
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I thought UND was overrated. by the coaches at the beginning of the year. It seems like they have their work cut out for them for home ice.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                        Can we have a sweep this weekend?

guaranteed.
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                          At least they have a nice arena.
                          With a serious graffiti issue

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                            That probably isn't happening this season. Their goaltending and top players aren't good enough to overcome their lack of depth.

Even the UND's of the world cannot escape the inevitable rebuilding years.
                            While I agree with your overall assessment, Aaron Dell has played terrific the last four games, and if he keeps that up, we'll be fine there. Where we struggle is scoring depth. If you shut down our top line, we will struggle to put a goal on the board. We're basically playing only 10 forwards and 8 defensemen.

It was kind of a Murphy's Law situation this off/early-season for the Sioux. JT Miller left to play major juniors (where he has 11-19-30 in 24 games), Rocco Grimaldi has been hurt, Colten St. Clair did not clear NCAA Clearinghouse and Brendon O'Donnell missed a lot of time for the first part of the season. Those were basically our top four incoming forwards. Moreover, while Gregoire was expected to leave, Hextall was a bit of a surprise.

Given all of this, it's no wonder the Sioux are where they are. Defensively and in net it looks like we'll be alright, but we are going to need freshmen to step up. When you are in that kind of situation, you are going to take your lumps. That's what is happening to North Dakota right now. If Grimaldi and O'Donnell can get healthy and the rest of the freshmen can start to contribute, then this will be a very good team by the end of the year. If not, the Sioux will likely finish in the bottom four, which seems likely at this point.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Happy, you do realize this thread is a prime example of what we usually make fun of sue fans for don't you?
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

no, we were above 500 2/3 of those years, and beat a lot of good teams. there is no comparison to this years horrible UND team to those mediocre gopher teams. you guys suck way more. Most WCHA teams can't wait to get the easy sweep from UND this year.
                                Wow! Easy sweep eh? Your team barely came out of the second game with the win, the Sioux had the lead going into the third period. If beating UND was easy the Goofs would have won 5-0.
                                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                                Eric's Twitter
                                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Working...
                                X