Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pay for Play is approved: The Rich get Richer. Too Costly for non BCS schools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pay for Play is approved: The Rich get Richer. Too Costly for non BCS schools?

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    The per week, if you looked at the math I did earlier, is the same. In fact, it's a couple bucks more.

Therefore, the only legs on which the NCAA has to stand are the number of games Major Junior plays, and attempting to claim they are a private entity (and we know how well that worked for football). Paul Kelly, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE! Call this out!
    While most MJ players only receive a small stipend, players can be called up to and sent down from the NHL level and players who have signed NHL contracts are being paid to play hockey for their MJ teams. Accoring to the NCAA, if ONE player in the league has signed a professional contract, then EVERYONE in the league is considered a professional.

As long as MJ has players who are on 2-way NHL contracts, they are a professional league. The fact that most of the players are paid squat doesn't change that fact.

Comment

Re: Pay for Play is approved: The Rich get Richer. Too Costly for non BCS schools?

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
      Are they willing to give $2,000 to the women's team? Because they have to do both.

UND might be able to give out $2,000 but what about SCSU, Miami, UMD, etc?

Finally, the NCAA also said the whole conference have to be playing by the sam rules.
      Hockey Makes UND money. What hockey wants hockey gets.
      "My greatest achievement."
      Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
        While most MJ players only receive a small stipend, players can be called up to and sent down from the NHL level and players who have signed NHL contracts are being paid to play hockey for their MJ teams. Accoring to the NCAA, if ONE player in the league has signed a professional contract, then EVERYONE in the league is considered a professional.

As long as MJ has players who are on 2-way NHL contracts, they are a professional league. The fact that most of the players are paid squat doesn't change that fact.
        Then how did Ylae* get away with a player in a pro league last year?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Then how did Ylae* get away with a player in a pro league last year?
          I don't have any idea who you are talking about or where they played.
          I doubt that it was a pro league.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Stupid
            You said it best. This is going to be nothing more than a total cluster**** for all of the smaller schools in the NCAA. How in the blue blazes of tartarus did those smaller schools vote to pass this???
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
            X