Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: specifics

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    On February 5, 2011, Cornell was playing Rensselaer in the Houston Field House in Troy, NY ZIP Code 12180 (weird that they call a sheet of ice inside a quonset hut a 'field' house, eh?)

At 7:43 in the second period, an RPI player (oops, I have to look up his name so that I am "specific" enough...) was skating past a Cornell player at the Cornell blue line when the Cornell player (oops, I have to look up his name too!) grabbed the RPI player's jersey and pulled the RPI player into the Cornell player, at which point the Cornell player deliberately fell down while pulling the RPI player on top of him.

It was artfully done! (I've seen that move a lot in EPL soccer, rarely in collegiate ice hockey). The referee called a 2 minute penalty on the RPI player (oops, now I have to find the box score to find out what the exact penalty call was).

Okay, the time and date may be a bit off; I did see that move and that play however.
    You weren't specific enough... you forgot the Houston Field House's full address.
    Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      They've got allen wrenches, gerbil feeders, toilet seats, electric heaters, trash compactors, juice extractor, shower rods and water meters. Walkie-talkies, copper wires, safety goggles, radial tires, BB pellets, rubber mallets, fans and dehumidifiers. Picture hangers, paper cutters, waffle irons, window shutters, paint removers, window louvres, masking tape and plastic gutters. Kitchen faucets, folding tables, weather stripping, jumper cables, hooks and tackle, grout and spackle, power foggers, spoons and ladles. Pesticides for fumigation, high-performance lubrication, metal roofing, water proofing, multi-purpose insulation. Air compressors, brass connectors, wrecking chisels, smoke detectors, tire guages, hamster cages, thermostats and bug deflectors. Trailer hitch demagnetizers, automatic circumcisers, tennis rackets, angle brackets, Duracells and Energizers. Soffit panels, circuit breakers, vacuum cleaners, coffee makers, calculators, generators, matching salt and pepper shakers.
      Prices?

Comment

So I take it the performance a team expected to do better (UNH) or a team not expected to do so well (MT) can be blamed on referees, or coaches, or the assumption that everyone associated with the school congenitally sucks, but not on the conditioning or effort of any or all of the players or the team's strategy or style of play. I'm starting to get it. Thanks, all. Let me practice my newly acquired expertise. Ahem. "You suck!" "You're just lucky!" How am i doing? Am I ready to join the elite "we" in the peanut gallery?

Comment

The snozberries taste like snozberries.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

5'9, 187 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
              5'9, 187 lbs.
              Geeze, she better have some big hoo-hoos.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                Actually I would rather listen to him over Nicki Minaj, but I digress...
                I would rather not listen to either...
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
                  So I take it the performance a team expected to do better (UNH) or a team not expected to do so well (MT) can be blamed on referees, or coaches, or the assumption that everyone associated with the school congenitally sucks, but not on the conditioning or effort of any or all of the players or the team's strategy or style of play. I'm starting to get it. Thanks, all. Let me practice my newly acquired expertise. Ahem. "You suck!" "You're just lucky!" How am i doing? Am I ready to join the elite "we" in the peanut gallery?
                  Wait a few years when you go away to college, Oso, and this will all make more sense to you. Read Siddhartha, smoke some weed, see God, experience a little congenitalia sucking, and the whoe D1 hockey thing will become a little clearer.

Comment

I hate Jon, Specifically.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      Wait a few years when you go away to college, Oso, and this will all make more sense to you. Read Siddhartha, smoke some weed, see God, experience a little congenitalia sucking, and the whoe D1 hockey thing will become a little clearer.
                      Bear Red thinks clutch and grab is exciting. Never mind that his team's players dive and never get called for it.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        I hate Jon's cat.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          Yes! Now we're getting somewhere.
                          Bugs Bunny - 96
                          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                              Joe Thornton was traded. Specifically, he was traded from the Boston Bruins to the San Jose Sharks.
                              Nice try. Nobody would believe that...

Comment

A/s/l?
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X