Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: specifics

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
    Along with superficial analysis of college hockey many opinions are attributed to and justified by a group only identified as "we." Who comprises this august group of analysts, and do they have a secret handshake?
    August group of analysts? I've never heard august used like this...have no idea what it means.

Originally posted by Wondering View Post
    Osorojo, I like specific analyses too. They may or may not be found in any random thread, but I've usually gotten thoughtful answers when I've posted questions on my team's site.
    Exactly. There was no need for a new thread on this. He/She/It should have just updated a SPECIFIC thread

Comment

On February 5, 2011, Cornell was playing Rensselaer in the Houston Field House in Troy, NY ZIP Code 12180 (weird that they call a sheet of ice inside a quonset hut a 'field' house, eh?)

At 7:43 in the second period, an RPI player (oops, I have to look up his name so that I am "specific" enough...) was skating past a Cornell player at the Cornell blue line when the Cornell player (oops, I have to look up his name too!) grabbed the RPI player's jersey and pulled the RPI player into the Cornell player, at which point the Cornell player deliberately fell down while pulling the RPI player on top of him.

It was artfully done! (I've seen that move a lot in EPL soccer, rarely in collegiate ice hockey). The referee called a 2 minute penalty on the RPI player (oops, now I have to find the box score to find out what the exact penalty call was).

Okay, the time and date may be a bit off; I did see that move and that play however.
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

We like the Gopher cheerleaders again this year. Specifically the blonde ones. They skate like the wind.
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Yes Weird Al does tend to get very specific in this song. How long did it take you to type all that and please be specific.
          Unleash the fury!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
            We like the Gopher cheerleaders again this year. Specifically the blonde ones. They skate like the wind.
            I wish BSU had cheerleaders that could skate, they cant even cheer.

Comment

Those who post Michael Bolton songs should be forced to listen to Justin Bieber for 24 hours.
              Unleash the fury!

Comment

Problem. How do you make the point that the Gophers suck, with specificity, and not get banned?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  Problem. How do you make the point that the Gophers suck, with specificity, and not get banned?
                  Refer to them as "Goofers".

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Call them vacuum cleaners?

Then we can start a debate specifically about which particular make and model has the most suction!

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      Call them vacuum cleaners?

Then we can start a debate specifically about which particular make and model has the most suction!
                      They're a vacuum, they're a black hole.

Comment

They've got allen wrenches, gerbil feeders, toilet seats, electric heaters, trash compactors, juice extractor, shower rods and water meters. Walkie-talkies, copper wires, safety goggles, radial tires, BB pellets, rubber mallets, fans and dehumidifiers. Picture hangers, paper cutters, waffle irons, window shutters, paint removers, window louvres, masking tape and plastic gutters. Kitchen faucets, folding tables, weather stripping, jumper cables, hooks and tackle, grout and spackle, power foggers, spoons and ladles. Pesticides for fumigation, high-performance lubrication, metal roofing, water proofing, multi-purpose insulation. Air compressors, brass connectors, wrecking chisels, smoke detectors, tire guages, hamster cages, thermostats and bug deflectors. Trailer hitch demagnetizers, automatic circumcisers, tennis rackets, angle brackets, Duracells and Energizers. Soffit panels, circuit breakers, vacuum cleaners, coffee makers, calculators, generators, matching salt and pepper shakers.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          they're a black hole.
                          ah, i see you are approaching this subject with the gravity it warrants.....

Comment

Originally posted by unomavfan View Post
                            Those who post Michael Bolton songs should be forced to listen to Justin Bieber for 24 hours.
                            Actually I would rather listen to him over Nicki Minaj, but I digress...

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                              You misspelled David's last name, but the old-school UAH reference is very timely...
                              I call this finding nimmo. We should make a movie about it
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                                Actually I would rather listen to him over Nicki Minaj, but I digress...
                                at least you are being specific....

Comment

Working...
                                X