Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best D1 hockey universities (US News & World Report)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best D1 hockey universities (US News & World Report)

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
    Actually the world rankings is more comprehensive. The world rankings take into account a universities' research prowess. graduate and professional schools, and undergraduate programs. The USNWR best college rankings is only undergraduate, lacking any acknowledgement of undergraduate research, relying mostly on subjective metrics such as reputation (how one can measure reputation is beyond me as a physicist).
    They should factor in the average amount of debt upon graduation.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      They should factor in the average amount of debt upon graduation.
      I completely agree with they should factor in debt following graduation. However, I believe this somewhat taken into consideration with the average scholarship support metric in the USNWR Top Colleges Ranking.

Honestly, it is difficult to compare the top college rankings and the top world college rankings. Both lists are examining universities at a different aspect. The World ranking is more of a research capability ranking, while the top US college ranking is ranking from a degree value point of view. That is the reason you see Notre Dame in the top 20 in the US ranking and in the 200's in the world ranking. Notre Dame, outside of their business and law schools and seminary, is for the most part a liberal arts college. Notre Dame provides a world class undergraduate education. However, cranking out PhD's in science and engineering is not in ND's mission.
      Last edited by wolverine318; 10-21-2011, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
        ...it is difficult to compare the top college rankings and the top world college rankings. Both lists are examining universities at a different aspect. The World ranking is more of a research capability ranking, while the top US college ranking is ranking from a degree value point of view. That is the reason you see Notre Dame in the top 20 in the US ranking and in the 200's in the world ranking. Notre Dame, outside of their business and law schools and seminary, is for the most part a liberal arts college. Notre Dame provides a world class undergraduate education. However, cranking out PhD's in science and engineering is not in ND's mission.
        You're absolutely correct. Intercollegiate athletics is an appendage of undergraduate education in the U.S. That's why I offered a ranking based on the U.S. National Universities category earlier in the thread. Makes more sense to compare apples to apples.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
        X