X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpartanBoy81
    replied
    Re: MSU Spartans 2011/12 - Alum in Sportcoat behind Bench

Any thoughts on who gets the start in goal tomorrow for MSU. Yanakeff has started more games this year and has better numbers, but he really struggled against Miami two weeks ago. I thought Palmisano played pretty well Saturday (except for a 4 minute stretch in the middle of the 2nd when the whole team forgot to play). He still finished with 38 saves while giving up the four goals. Tough choice for coach if you ask me. I'd probably go with Yanakeff, but I won't argue either way.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

We have to win tomorrow in order to stop back-to-back days of meltdowns.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by Polydorus View Post
    The "juvenile delinquent experience" is why I don't bother with MLive.com anymore.
    Is there any TV coverage available in Mid Michigan for the game tomorrow? TIA
    That would be ESPN-U. If you don't have it ... Reno's East is all set .

Leave a comment:

• Polydorus
    replied

The "juvenile delinquent experience" is why I don't bother with MLive.com anymore.
    Is there any TV coverage available in Mid Michigan for the game tomorrow? TIA

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    You just summed up the sparty experience.
    You just summed up the juvenile delinquent experience. You going to contribute some day, or keeping lowering the collective IQ?

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by uniontrack View Post
    ...he went on the "seven year plan"...

Had something to do with his fraternity and a lot of time spent on a bar stool...
    You just summed up the sparty experience.

Leave a comment:

• uniontrack
    replied

Congrats on your bid this year!

I look forward to a tough, hard-hitting, injury-free game with you guys on Friday....

My best buddy from high school went to Michigan State and he loved the place...

He loved it so much, he went on the "seven year plan"...

Had something to do with his fraternity and a lot of time spent on a bar stool...

I vaguely remember a weekend when I went to visit him and he got me lit up like a Christmas tree in some basement bar with crazy drinks like a "Shark Bowl" or some insanity like that.

Good luck to you!

Keith.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaurus
    replied

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
    See you in Bridgeport!
    ugh

And thanks for the good words, CCHA brethren.

It feels good to be dancing again. I think it will go back to a yearly tradition again before too long around here.

And congrats to Coach Anastos and the team! They definitely worked their butts off over the last year.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

From a Buckeye Fan Good Luck this weekend!

Leave a comment:

• RedhawkBandMan
    replied

See you in Bridgeport!

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Didn't expect that. Welcome back to the dance.

Oh, and I saw the article about Carney on the CCHA coverge- great to see him get better, and may even get back on the ice!

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Richly deserved on both counts. I can't think of a player with a bigger impact on his team's success since Ryan Miller.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

Pretty great night for Torey Krug. In addition to being named to the lishttp://board.uscho.com/newreply.php?p=5396634&noquote=1t of 10 Hobey Baker finalists, he also picked up CCHA offensive defenseman and player of the year honors.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by demhall View Post
    I can't say I was expecting to come out of last weekend with a ticket punched to JLA but I thought we'd be a little more competitive than that. Hopefully it's more a reflection of Miami's level than our own. It'd be nice to make the NCAAs but realistically we are now looking at either Duluth or BC. It wouldn't be the biggest upset in 1 v 4 history (Holy Cross?) but it's not exactly BU in GR again.
    Mind you, I'm wary the chickens haven't hatched yet, but ... I'm sure the players would love to score an upset in round 1. But I think even the chance to compete yet again, and give a #1 seed a game, will wipe some of the bad taste of last weekend away.

How much thought have some of you mainstays given about the discussions regarding the replacement of Munn? Does the program need to grow to justify the arena or would the arena help the program grow? I'm guessing we aren't shooting for the Ralph. Any models in mind?
    I am encouraged by the numbers that Munn drew against Alaska the last weekend. Good to see 5,500 and 5,900 against a school not named Michigan, Notre Dame or Ohio State. The question is valid, but I strongly believe new or even significantly upgraded facilities, plus a renergized program, will put us over the top in terms of regularly selling out the place.

I hope any planned new arena allows for expansion (+2000?) given the new league in 2013 and the size of 3 existing Big10 arenas + Penn State.

Leave a comment:

• demhall
    replied

I can't say I was expecting to come out of last weekend with a ticket punched to JLA but I thought we'd be a little more competitive than that. Hopefully it's more a reflection of Miami's level than our own. It'd be nice to make the NCAAs but realistically we are now looking at either Duluth or BC. It wouldn't be the biggest upset in 1 v 4 history (Holy Cross?) but it's not exactly BU in GR again.

How much thought have some of you mainstays given about the discussions regarding the replacement of Munn? Does the program need to grow to justify the arena or would the arena help the program grow? I'm guessing we aren't shooting for the Ralph. Any models in mind?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X