MSU Spartans 2011/12 - Alum in Sportcoat behind Bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2011/12 - Alum in Sportcoat behind Bench

So what's going on with guys like Grassi and Hoomaian? I know Grassi had the concussion and I believe Hoomaian went out with an injury for a while but are they healthy scratches at this point because we don't want to upset the lineup this late or are they still out injured?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
      So what's going on with guys like Grassi and Hoomaian? I know Grassi had the concussion and I believe Hoomaian went out with an injury for a while but are they healthy scratches at this point because we don't want to upset the lineup this late or are they still out injured?
      from ta's tone, sounds like Grassi has too far to come back for this season. I like the way Sturges is filling in, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
        That, or the week after everybody gets back. Of the two playoff series I saw at Munn live, one was during the break, and the other took place the week after the break.

IIRC, the second round of the CCHA playoffs last year took place the week after the break. (Which is kind of a moot point, given that we didn't get that far last season, but, well, you see where I'm going here.)
        Well, you don't need to worry about filling munn for a playoff series this year.
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Anybody clued into what next season's schedule could possibly look like? I'm thinking about trekking back to campus in October. Naturally, I'd like to catch a complete home hockey series and I'm really hoping we're not on some sort of inexplicable month-long roadtrip to start next season.
          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

From the staff's POV, there isn't anything settled on yet for next season - besides the GLI. I'm still thinking there's still a chance our boys could be playing in a couple weeks. Knock on anything available, but the rest of the D-1 did it's part so far. As long as Atlantic Hockey goes the way of the seeds, the expected happens in WCHA finals and Bowling Green doesn't take the whole darn Mason Cup, there's a heartbeat.

Don't get me wrong, BGSU, you're a great story .

Comment

I can't say I was expecting to come out of last weekend with a ticket punched to JLA but I thought we'd be a little more competitive than that. Hopefully it's more a reflection of Miami's level than our own. It'd be nice to make the NCAAs but realistically we are now looking at either Duluth or BC. It wouldn't be the biggest upset in 1 v 4 history (Holy Cross?) but it's not exactly BU in GR again.

How much thought have some of you mainstays given about the discussions regarding the replacement of Munn? Does the program need to grow to justify the arena or would the arena help the program grow? I'm guessing we aren't shooting for the Ralph. Any models in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by demhall View Post
                I can't say I was expecting to come out of last weekend with a ticket punched to JLA but I thought we'd be a little more competitive than that. Hopefully it's more a reflection of Miami's level than our own. It'd be nice to make the NCAAs but realistically we are now looking at either Duluth or BC. It wouldn't be the biggest upset in 1 v 4 history (Holy Cross?) but it's not exactly BU in GR again.
                Mind you, I'm wary the chickens haven't hatched yet, but ... I'm sure the players would love to score an upset in round 1. But I think even the chance to compete yet again, and give a #1 seed a game, will wipe some of the bad taste of last weekend away.

How much thought have some of you mainstays given about the discussions regarding the replacement of Munn? Does the program need to grow to justify the arena or would the arena help the program grow? I'm guessing we aren't shooting for the Ralph. Any models in mind?
                I am encouraged by the numbers that Munn drew against Alaska the last weekend. Good to see 5,500 and 5,900 against a school not named Michigan, Notre Dame or Ohio State. The question is valid, but I strongly believe new or even significantly upgraded facilities, plus a renergized program, will put us over the top in terms of regularly selling out the place.

I hope any planned new arena allows for expansion (+2000?) given the new league in 2013 and the size of 3 existing Big10 arenas + Penn State.

Comment

Pretty great night for Torey Krug. In addition to being named to the lishttp://board.uscho.com/newreply.php?p=5396634&noquote=1t of 10 Hobey Baker finalists, he also picked up CCHA offensive defenseman and player of the year honors.
                  Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                  66 - 86 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Richly deserved on both counts. I can't think of a player with a bigger impact on his team's success since Ryan Miller.

Comment

Didn't expect that. Welcome back to the dance.

Oh, and I saw the article about Carney on the CCHA coverge- great to see him get better, and may even get back on the ice!

Comment

See you in Bridgeport!
                        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

From a Buckeye Fan Good Luck this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                            See you in Bridgeport!
                            ugh

And thanks for the good words, CCHA brethren.

It feels good to be dancing again. I think it will go back to a yearly tradition again before too long around here.

And congrats to Coach Anastos and the team! They definitely worked their butts off over the last year.

Comment

Congrats on your bid this year!

I look forward to a tough, hard-hitting, injury-free game with you guys on Friday....

My best buddy from high school went to Michigan State and he loved the place...

He loved it so much, he went on the "seven year plan"...

Had something to do with his fraternity and a lot of time spent on a bar stool...

I vaguely remember a weekend when I went to visit him and he got me lit up like a Christmas tree in some basement bar with crazy drinks like a "Shark Bowl" or some insanity like that.

Good luck to you!

Keith.
                              Keith Reynolds
                              Union College
                              Class of 1992
                              B.A. in Economics/Mathematics

University of Nevada - Las Vegas
                              Class of 2001
                              M.S. in Sports and Leisure Management

"I went to Union before it sucked...."

Comment

Originally posted by uniontrack View Post
                                ...he went on the "seven year plan"...

Had something to do with his fraternity and a lot of time spent on a bar stool...
                                You just summed up the sparty experience.
                                Originally posted by alfablue
                                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Working...
                                X