X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Spartans 2011/12 - Alum in Sportcoat behind Bench

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Angry Guy
    Hasn't liked a musician that came out of New Jersey since Frank Sinatra and actively avoids anyplace Tunes by T is plying his trade. Play that goofy YouTube broad, it would be better than Springsteen or Bon Jovi.
    Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency!

Comment

Well scribble me into the "disappointed" column.

Comment

Define noise. Lots of us "older fans" are cheering ourselves hoarse. The student section does not have a monopoly on noise.
        "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
        - Mark Twain

Comment

So long as he doesn't play "Taps" or a requiem, it's fine. The team's not dead this year, they just need to get some bodies back. We were down to a single Coach's Decision on Saturday.

My beef is with the band, who needs to kick out some of the jams the alumni band were using at the GLI.
          Piano Man can stay; it's only once a home-stand - and even less than that as some early games don't go 'til 9. And what's the deal with Piano Man MIA last Saturday? Are we being lyrical zealots and not promoting tonic & gin? Maybe the same prudishness rules out Beer Barrel Polka - but nobody's forcing Slapshots to sing along, eh?

Comment

So who's making it down to Columbus this weekend? Weather will be mild in the 40's this week so no driving in the snow.

Comment

The story within the 5-goal outburst is a great one. Sturges comes to campus 5 seasons ago with a lot of expectations, becomes almost an afterthought when his career comes to a near stand-still after the incident with Winston and the head injury, finally gets a chance to play a lot of minutes the last few weeks - taking over for concussed Grassi, and gets the goal to start MSU's 2-period onslaught tonight ... his first since his freshman year.

Maybe his tally is the start of a nice run for the team.

Could be a night to remember for many reasons ... but I hope there will be a few more before the season is out.
              Last edited by owslachief; 02-03-2012, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Can someone update me on why Leveille is not playing. Is he red shirted?

Comment

Originally posted by GOGO View Post
                  Can someone update me on why Leveille is not playing. Is he red shirted?
                  You're not actually ... concerned, are you?
                  Best answer I can give is "he should have".
                  Last edited by owslachief; 02-08-2012, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Well it seems like every year, there's one night at Munn that stands out above the rest and it'll probably be that one. Great game, great comeback, great crowd, great win.

I thought we played very well most of the night. A bit out of sorts for a while after UM went up 1-0 but I thought the 1st and third periods were very solid. I especially liked how hard we battled after taking the lead. The team seemed pretty determined to not let Michigan tie it back up.

Pretty awesome to see such a large crowd. I was worried that the weather was gonna take its toll but it looked like just about all 7100 people showed up. Place went nuts when Berry put in the go-ahead goal.

I don't think we need to discuss Torey Krug much more. Kid kicks ***.

Comment

• Re: MSU Spartans 2011/12 - Alum in Sportcoat behind Bench

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                      Yeah, that kid is "never say die" all the time. He battles and battles. Fun to watch, tough to have him playing against you.
                      NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Tough loss in OT for the Spartans. One defensive miscue is all it took as both teams were dangerous tonight and looking to pounce on any opprotunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                          What are the odds the kid bolts for the Pro's this summer? Yes, this is what Michigan Hockey fans deal with every summer...
                          Originally posted by alfablue
                          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            Tough loss in OT for the Spartans. One defensive miscue is all it took as both teams were dangerous tonight and looking to pounce on any opprotunity.
                            The general feeling among the staff is what I'm guessing more than a few viewers saw: the better team didn't win Saturday night. For some reason MSU came out with more urgency. But that's the way it goes ... to much iron, not enough nylon.

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                            What are the odds the kid bolts for the Pro's this summer? Yes, this is what Michigan Hockey fans deal with every summer...
                            I'm not saying he won't. Saying that could lead to quite a let-down. I'm not saying the son of an NHLer won't bolt either. Perhaps the way the team finishes this out will have some say in people's plans for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                              The general feeling among the staff is what I'm guessing more than a few viewers saw: the better team didn't win Saturday night. For some reason MSU came out with more urgency. But that's the way it goes ... to much iron, not enough nylon.

I'm not saying he won't. Saying that could lead to quite a let-down. I'm not saying the son of an NHLer won't bolt either. Perhaps the way the team finishes this out will have some say in people's plans for next season.
                              Is Krug drafted? I actually don't even know. We don't have many drafted players. Leveille, Nill...Krug? Anybody else?

Krug leaving early would be a uge a blow to a defense that will already be need to fill some holes.

Comment

We only have to go back a couple May's ago to one Andrew Rowe.

Comment

Working...
                                X