MSU Spartans 2011/12 - Alum in Sportcoat behind Bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Spartans 2011/12 - Alum in Sportcoat behind Bench

The good news is - and I hear this from the radio show - Carney is up and about and beginning a rehab.
    Someone asked the question that I would have loved to ask: what affect does this have on teammates? I wonder if watching this makes the witnesses on skates a little gun-shy ... do they pull back a little when pressed to race? Well the answer was That the last couple of days after the accident, our practices were actually very spirited.

Hope that translates into some inspired play the next couple of weekends. MSU needs more than one scoring line. There's a lot of promise in guys like Berry and Sorenson, but some of the juniors and seniors need to get going. Perlini needs to make some of those shots count (he leads the team in that category), and yes this is asking for a lot, but Leveille needs to get healthy and play a bigger offensive role fast.

I am hoping for two points somewhere before the Spartans come home again.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
      The good news is - and I hear this from the radio show - Carney is up and about and beginning a rehab.
      Someone asked the question that I would have loved to ask: what affect does this have on teammates? I wonder if watching this makes the witnesses on skates a little gun-shy ... do they pull back a little when pressed to race? Well the answer was That the last couple of days after the accident, our practices were actually very spirited.

Hope that translates into some inspired play the next couple of weekends. MSU needs more than one scoring line. There's a lot of promise in guys like Berry and Sorenson, but some of the juniors and seniors need to get going. Perlini needs to make some of those shots count (he leads the team in that category), and yes this is asking for a lot, but Leveille needs to get healthy and play a bigger offensive role fast.

Such injuries are actually quite rare and players have played the game so much that I don't think such abnormal occurrences stick with them much. At least that is how it was when i played.

And I agree about the scoring. Wolfe's line has been great but others need to find their groove. I think Perlini will soon enough but eveille is obviously not back to 100% and still has not found that consistent scoring touch through 3 years. He obviously brought other useful skills to the team but we need him to be able to find the back of the net this year. Hopefully the week off afforded him time to continue to get back to full strength.

And only 2 points? I hope we get more than that with a possible 8 before we get back to Munn.

And when we do return to Munn, it's not gonna be easy. Minnesota looks to be regaining old form this year.

EDIT: err, 12 points the next 2 weekends? I still think like the old ways.
      Last edited by Pirateasaurus; 11-09-2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
        Such injuries are actually quite rare and players have played the game so much that I don't think such abnormal occurrences stick with them much. At least that is how it was when i played.

And I agree about the scoring. Wolfe's line has been great but others need to find their groove. I think Perlini will soon enough but eveille is obviously not back to 100% and still has not found that consistent scoring touch through 3 years. He obviously brought other useful skills to the team but we need him to be able to find the back of the net this year. Hopefully the week off afforded him time to continue to get back to full strength.

And only 2 points? I hope we get more than that with a possible 8 before we get back to Munn.

And when we do return to Munn, it's not gonna be easy. Minnesota looks to be regaining old form this year.

EDIT: err, 12 points the next 2 weekends? I still think like the old ways.
        Now I like that optimism

I'd like to see TA stay with the line he had at the top the last time out. Why not keep Merrifield at the left wing at #1 if it's recent memory and let's keep a good thing going.
        Put D.Chelios on the second line with Perlini and Berry, have Forfar center Leveille and Nill (good faceoff %, linemate familiarity and Leveille can play the wing on 3rd and the chippy Hayes, Walrod and Darnell grind it out at #4?
        Last edited by owslachief; 11-09-2011, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Speaking of the MN series: over the past three seasons, MSU is leading 2-1. Both of those wins came with MN being either #1 or #3 in the standings, if memory serves... That leaves me thinking that a sweep isn't out of the question for that weekend. ;-)
          "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

yes, hoping for a safe speedy recovery.

I agree with owlschief, the most important thing is this young players health.

best wishes

Comment

Excellent news! The only reason I come over here. Good luck to him, and all the best to him and all of the therapists who are doing their best for his recovery.

You'll have to forgive me for wanting MSU to continue to struggle on the scoring front...

One lone Sparty On to Carney, and JUST him.

Comment

Heck, a Sparty On from the dark side is a rare treat Just shows that a hockey player's health transcends sports.

Thanks.

= = = = =

I sure hope the SNews' bit about Dean Chelios and Justin Hoomaian being out for "several weeks" is a bit stretched.
                Last edited by owslachief; 11-10-2011, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Really good news. Branden Carney will be released from the hospital either today or tomorrow. No paralysis whatsoever, which is outright incredible.
                  Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                  66 - 86 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                    Really good news. Branden Carney will be released from the hospital either today or tomorrow. No paralysis whatsoever, which is outright incredible.
                    I do not envy the halo he will have to wear this winter, but this is great news.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                      Gotta love modern medicine and treatment. Even if the doctor is probably a sparty.

Comment

Something must've happened because my screen says Michigan state has 2 cccp wins.

Comment

Sounds like we stole one a little bit last night. We are gonna have to play better if we are to get the sweep.

Nice to finally get that lights-out goaltending we've been waiting for, though.

I am hoping the injuries haven't wrecked our depth and chemistry too much.

Comment

Well, surprising weekend to say the least. We've seen great MSU teams go into Lawson and lose to some pretty bad WMU team due to the atmosphere. Now an average MSU team goes into Lawson against a top 5 WMU squad and gets the sweep.

Why did the CCHA do away with the home-and-home for MSU vs Ferris and Western this year? Both series are away only. Another thing, how are they doing the schedule pods with 11 teams, just random draw to decide who plays 4 times? Who lost their "rival" that they always play 4 times?
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                              Sounds like we stole one a little bit last night. We are gonna have to play better if we are to get the sweep.

Nice to finally get that lights-out goaltending we've been waiting for, though.

I am hoping the injuries haven't wrecked our depth and chemistry too much.
                              Or maybe the westerns knocked a little rust off us. Boy was there some physicalities our there this lovely evening. The statesmen gave as much physicals as they took though and sorta took it to the horses. Specially like to see the big guys throw some quality checks (Darnell had shift where he musta knocked around 3 broncos) and Jake Chelios with mother of all hipchecks in 3rd. Never saw so many downed twigs in one game. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee won. You know, things like that. Didn't Perlini get his stick on that 3rd goal?

Comment

Or maybe the westerns knocked a little rust off us. Boy was there some physicalities our there this lovely evening. The statesmen gave as much physicals as they took though and sorta took it to the horses. Specially like to see the big guys throw some quality checks (Darnell had shift where he musta knocked around 3 broncos) and Jake Chelios with mother of all hipchecks in 3rd. Never saw so many downed twigs in one game. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee won. You know, things like that. Didn't Perlini get his stick on that 3rd goal?
                                I think rust definitely played a role in our lack of jump last night. I may have mentioned some days ago that i think the week off wasn't gonna help us going into kalamazoo. It appears as though we had some dead legs friday night so it's good to see that we skated better tonight

Huge sweep. Good thing we got the win, especially last night because it appears we came out of the bye week with more injuries than we entered it with...It'd be a bummer to lose a game to rust without the payoff of a healthier roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X