X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Spartans 2011/12 - Alum in Sportcoat behind Bench

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    I wouldn't discount Kapalka, either.
    Not discounting anyone. But if you look at the netminders these guys have had trouble against, it seems to be the ones who fill out the frame. And the ones who top the CCHA statistically (Conner Knapp #1 (1 and 0 goals against, Jan. 6/7), Jared Coreau #3 (0 (in relief) and 2 goals against, Jan. 13/14). Kapalka was a wiz as a freshman, but he's behind both Yanakeff and Palmisano at this point.

So a change in stature may do us good .

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
      So a change in stature may do us good .
      I know some short guy in A2 that is 2-0-1 against the Spartans this season, too.

Comment

I know some short guy in A2 that is 2-0-1 against the Spartans this season, too.
        But does Kapalka go to the Bo Ryan School of Flopping like that "other guy"?
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          I know some guy named "Lerg" who did the same thing. I don't think either of us care as long as we win. (And that flopping habit comes from truly being run too much. Our officiating in the CCHA sucks.)

Comment

That is correct. Despite the flop & chop, at least we carry the three point oh against him. That's a B average on a four point oh grade scale!

Vs. the other two I've mentioned, a paltry 0.5 and 1.0, respectively. That, my friend, will get your beloved Delta House chapter booted off campus.

Comment

It's strictly conjecture at this point as to how the 18 scholarships are distributed currently, but I thought about a possible 2012-13 roster and what our opening lines would look like. I didn't dare guess at the pairings, because frankly who knows who's staying? But the power play could look a lot different next season.

So the first column is a crap-shoot guess at full (dark green), partial (light green) scholarships, and white (walk-ons). Green is freshmen, olive is sophs, brown is juniors and red is seniors. The forwards I've put in order of line combinations, so for example let Hayes-Walrod-Berry be second line. But I could easily see Darnell moving up and Berry playing along his former teammate, Deblouw. I'm also thinking at least Joe Cox (listed as extra forward) needs to enroll (early?) because even his possible addition gives us only 13 forwards. Unless Jake switches to forward. I believe R.J. Boyd is enrolled. I'm sure we'll see someone drop off the recruit list and an as-yet unknown make his way here.

Anyway, here it is ...

NumNameYearPosShHeightWeight
              37Will YanakeffJRG75200
              Jake HillebrandFRG75165
              Nathan PhillipsFRG73165
              22Lee ReimerJRCL71180
              16Dean CheliosSRLWL73190
              86Greg WolfeJRRWR70175
              21Anthony HayesSRCR71185
              18Kevin WalrodSRLWL73190
              27Matt BerrySORWR70170
              Matt DeBlouwFRCL72175
              Ryan KellerFRLWL73185
              25Brent DarnellSORWR72195
              24Justin HoomaianSOCR73185
              8Chris ForfarSRLWR73200
              10Tanner SorensonSOWR68170
              Joe CoxFRRWR70160
              42Jake CheliosJRDL74190
              44Torey KrugSRLDL69180
              23Matt GrassiSRRDR76215
              John DraegerFRRDL74185
              Rhett HollandFRLDR73200
              Travis WalshFRDR71185
              2Chris SandmeyerSOD73190
              6Branden CarneyRS FRD74190
              Nick GattJRRDR75195
              R.J. BoydSOLDL74180
              Last edited by owslachief; 01-30-2012, 10:21 AM.

Comment

The Chelios Brothers are exactly like a movie sequel. Not as a good as the original and way over-hyped.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  The Chelios Brothers are exactly like a movie sequel. Not as a good as the original and way over-hyped.
                  You must be a Blackhawks fan. Ah the bitterness, somehow sweet.

Comment

Good game tonight, except for the first 30 seconds and between minutes 3:30 and 1:30 in the third. I especially liked the 2nd when we had it in Lake State's zone for about 6 straight minutes. Unfortunately nothing came of that, but good to know we can be that dominant on one end of the ice.

The only thing I didn't like about tonight's game was that Tunes by T called my song request a mockery of the sport.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

We like 'em just fine.

And that was a really effing tough win. Very exciting game. It's definitely no fluke that LSSU is battling near the top of the CCHA this year as they big, strong team and skate pretty well. Kind of remind me of the San Jose Sharks in that way.

How the crap did that 2nd goal go in? Did Crandall accidentally fire it off of the back of Yanakeff?

Anyways, it was great coming down and getting the game winner real late like that. There's been too much late game misery for us the last few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                        You must be a Blackhawks fan. Ah the bitterness, somehow sweet.
                        I hate the Blackhawks. Good guess though.
                        Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                        We like 'em just fine.
                        Oh Alan! That is too bad.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

The only thing I didn't like about tonight's game was that Tunes by T called my song request a mockery of the sport.
                          Seriously, has T ever actually heard the music that he plays at Munn/JLA/Spartan Stadium/Breslin?
                          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                          66 - 86 - 07
                          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                            Seriously, has T ever actually heard the music that he plays at Munn/JLA/Spartan Stadium/Breslin?
                            To be fair, the song I requested was "Friday". However, I specifically stated in the email it was a bet with friends to get it played at a game, not like it was some hot track that needs to be played because it's so good. He said with enough support on his twitter he might play it during pregame, but anything during would be a mockery of the game of hockey.

I went to every home game from the ages of 2 to 12, and about one or two games a year for six years after that. Now that I'm going here and have season tickets, that's another full season. Giving roughly 20 games a year, I've attended about 230 games at Munn in my lifetime. I've heard the same songs being played for 17 years now, in nearly the same rotation. Would it kill him to put Friday on once? Just once, that's all. In fact, he can replace his usual Dancing in the Dark timeslot with Friday, since I believe I'm the only student at Michigan State who even knows who Bruce Springsteen is, and it sure as hell won't upset the older fans since Angry Guy is the only one that makes any noise.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Oh Alan! That is too bad.
                              Or is it too good, David?

Anyways, i have a story about Tunes by T for y'all. He used to DJ our high school dances back in the day because his kid went there. I remember i went and made a request once and he said "I can't do that. You'd be the only one dancing, i bet." So months to years later at some later dance, it was some young apprentice of his in charge. I went and made a request and the kid said "Naah i don't think i can do that..." then he looked over to his left. I also looked to find Tunes by T seriously nodding in approval at the kid ha.

Anywho, i mostly don't have a problem with the music he plays. I have always hated the sound byte nonsense though. I have wanted to rid away with the 300 crap for years, among other things.

Also, since at least 2 years ago, I seriously think to bring this up during every single game but always forget: Does anybody else feel like the puck/skate shuffles are way too easy? They're waaay too easy and I just ignore it now. Add like 5 more pucks and then we've got a shuffle goin'.

As for that game last night, besides our dreadful powerplay, I think we played very well. Better than friday night for sure. In fact, we flat out dominated at least half the game. That was just about the best 1st period i've seen us play all year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                                Or is it too good, David?

Anyways, i have a story about Tunes by T for y'all. He used to DJ our high school dances back in the day because his kid went there. I remember i went and made a request once and he said "I can't do that. You'd be the only one dancing, i bet." So months to years later at some later dance, it was some young apprentice of his in charge. I went and made a request and the kid said "Naah i don't think i can do that..." then he looked over to his left. I also looked to find Tunes by T seriously nodding in approval at the kid ha.

Anywho, i mostly don't have a problem with the music he plays. I have always hated the sound byte nonsense though. I have wanted to rid away with the 300 crap for years, among other things.

Also, since at least 2 years ago, I seriously think to bring this up during every single game but always forget: Does anybody else feel like the puck/skate shuffles are way too easy? They're waaay too easy and I just ignore it now. Add like 5 more pucks and then we've got a shuffle goin'.

As for that game last night, besides our dreadful powerplay, I think we played very well. Better than friday night for sure. In fact, we flat out dominated at least half the game. That was just about the best 1st period i've seen us play all year.
                                That's funny about Tunes by T. In the email he said he said that while my friends would probably like to hear it, in his experience (since he does it for a living) the majority of the crowd would be turned off. Sounds like he did that to you too. With the sound bytes, I don't mind the 300, but I wish he would cut off the Haroo Haroo Haroo from the movie because when the fans do it it never lines up, so you hear the movie sound byte still going after we're done with the cheer.

As for the puck shuffle, they changed the software didn't they? I seem to remember it being a lot easier. I know they've changed the software for football and basketball, because I had a five year winning streak. This year I was only right about 75% of the time.

Now onto game: Stop giving up late 3rd period goals. We've cost ourselves 3 points the last two weeks doing that, and it's the difference between 8th place and 4th place.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X