NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

Sitting behind Northern's bench up at Houghton, my family and I noticed two sets of initials on the players helmets. I now realize one was in honor of Mr. Cherniwchan but still can't figure out the other initials. Of course I can't remember what the letters were now. Dave, would you happen to know?

Comment

Best realistic case scenario for the cats 7-2-1, worst case 5-5. The only reason they moved back in the PWR is because they beat Tech, if they play well and the goalies stay constant they maintain top 15. As for the CCHA standings its not that spread out, if the Cats play well and some other teams don't, they'll be back up in the standings soon. Plus they play all but one team ahead of them for the rest of the season, it's up to them.
      NMU

Comment

• Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
        The only reason they moved back in the PWR is because they beat Tech...
        And if we lost to Tech for the sake of the immediate PWR help, it would have killed us in the long run. Just like every other god****ed year the 'Cats flirt with being a bubble team. We're now at the point where WINNING can lower our pairwise, but come 11:00 am March 18th, 2012, all that matters is where we finish.

I, for one, want to see wins, and it's a bonus to be positioned this well in the PWR this early in the season. I certainly have looked at the PWR all season, excited that winning, and our strength of schedule, have been favorable to us.

Losing to Tech for the sake of the immediate PWR rating is shortsighted, because it's up to Tech to now decide if they want to tank the rest of the season... Or make life Hell for everyone who lost to them by winning themselves and re-become a TUC.

That's why the PWR is built upon your win%, your opponents win%, and your opponents win%.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          And if we lost to Tech for the sake of the immediate PWR help, it would have killed us in the long run. Just like every other god****ed year the 'Cats flirt with being a bubble team. We're now at the point where WINNING can lower our pairwise, but come 11:00 am March 18th, 2012, all that matters is where we finish.

I, for one, want to see wins, and it's a bonus to be positioned this well in the PWR this early in the season. I certainly have looked at the PWR all season, excited that winning, and our strength of schedule, have been favorable to us.

Losing to Tech for the sake of the immediate PWR rating is shortsighted, because it's up to Tech to now decide if they want to tank the rest of the season... Or make life Hell for everyone who lost to them by winning themselves and re-become a TUC.

That's why the PWR is built upon your win%, your opponents win%, and your opponents win%.

100% agree, and I realize that too. I was just saying the only reason we did go down this weekend is because we beat them, but it would have been a lot worse if we lost. All we can do now is win win win. Go Cats!
          NMU

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
            Sitting behind Northern's bench up at Houghton, my family and I noticed two sets of initials on the players helmets. I now realize one was in honor of Mr. Cherniwchan but still can't figure out the other initials. Of course I can't remember what the letters were now. Dave, would you happen to know?
            I didn't see the initials, and no one said anything about any tribute when I did pregame interviews.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
              The only reason they moved back in the PWR is because they beat Tech
              They would have dropped further if they had lost to Tech. If we had lost, Tech would still be a TUC and NMU would then be 7-9-4 against TUCs and would have one more loss. We would be at least one and possibly 2-3 spots lower. We sure could be helped if Tech and Alaska can regain TUC status and St Cloud stays above as well. We're 5-0-1 against those teams!
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Anything new in the AD search??
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                  Anything new in the AD search??
                  As per Wellens' Twitter--nothing. Finalizing a search committee Monday.
                  Always a Wildcat...
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Looking forward to a weekend sweep for the Wildcats!

Looks like it is going to be a all hands on deck weekend as Cherny is heading home for his father's funeral on Friday and with Higby still out with the rib injury, if my calculations are correct, that means every available player will suit up.

Not sure who is going to replace Cherny on the Vigier/Florek line, but I sure hope they don't break up the Gron/Thurber/Seckel line as that has been our best line most nights since they put them together before Xmas.

Big series, if one team sweeps the other it could kill a team's NCAA chances!

Comment

Congrats on the win tonight. 3rd in the PWR!!?!?! but 9th in the CCHA?? Looking forward to some good hockey when you guys come to AA.
                      No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Good win for the Cats tonight, didn't get a chance to watch or listen, but it sounds like Coreau stood on his head. Also as of right now if the NCAA's started tomorrow they would have a 1st seed! They just have to keep winning. Go Cats!
                        NMU

Comment

Just win. Win for Cherniwchan. Win for every one of those cancer survivors who benefit from the pink jerseys. Win to shut up the naysayers making fun of the guys.

Just win.

The PWR will continue to take care of itself as it has all season. I love the underrated status, but the recognition will be coming soon.

The boys need to remember two things:
                          - Polls don't matter.
                          - Win for Cherniwchan.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Just win. Win for Cherniwchan. Win for every one of those cancer survivors who benefit from the pink jerseys. Win to shut up the naysayers making fun of the guys.

Just win.

The PWR will continue to take care of itself as it has all season. I love the underrated status, but the recognition will be coming soon.

The boys need to remember two things:
                            - Polls don't matter.
                            - Win for Cherniwchan.
                            Word... On paper there are things that seem like things are disappointing... In reality however, I am really starting to believe in this team...

Just curious for anyone that watched/listened tonight... How substantial was the shot differential? Were both teams generating quality chances? Was it more Puck Luck?
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              Word... On paper there are things that seem like things are disappointing... In reality however, I am really starting to believe in this team...

Just curious for anyone that watched/listened tonight... How substantial was the shot differential? Were both teams generating quality chances? Was it more Puck Luck?
                              Shots 41-13 in favor of Miami.

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                                Shots 41-13 in favor of Miami.
                                Shots attempted were much closer. 45 to 60 ish.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X