NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

So by having a bye weekend, NMU has moved up to 15th in the nation in PWR. From here on out, it only gets harder to move up the PWR. While they cannot win an auto-bid or at-large bid this early, they certainly can lose it this quick.

The Cats can help themselves by just winning from here on out though.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

It will be tough with Miami coming to town after their two wins in the Denver Cup (beating Denver 4-2). How many NMU players will be sitting out on Friday--three or four--Epp, Macaulay, Follmer, anyone else? Are they going to sit back and play defense all night, collapsing around Ellingson or Coreau? It would be so nice to stick it to Miami, but it's going to be a challenge with a limited line up on Friday and even at full strength on Saturday. Hopefully, Ellingson and/or Coreau can stand on their heads all weekend.
      NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

hey guys. since this week is Miami-NMU, I am hoping to get a rundown on how the 'cats are doing this week. How are you guys doing? We defenitely expect this to be a great week of hockey, because this pairing is always entertaining hockey.
        Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
          It will be tough with Miami coming to town after their two wins in the Denver Cup (beating Denver 4-2). How many NMU players will be sitting out on Friday--three or four--Epp, Macaulay, Follmer, anyone else? Are they going to sit back and play defense all night, collapsing around Ellingson or Coreau? It would be so nice to stick it to Miami, but it's going to be a challenge with a limited line up on Friday and even at full strength on Saturday. Hopefully, Ellingson and/or Coreau can stand on their heads all weekend.
          McAulay, Epp and Follmer are all out with suspensions from the MSU game. Cherniwchan missed the MSU series. His availability won't be known until later in the week.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Anyone have any speculation on how NMU will play Friday's game with the lack of defensemen? I say NMU should do what Tampa Bay did to the Flyers recently and play a 1-3-1, just to see how Miami reacts to that. It will be an interesting game on Friday night--I'll be watching online.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

On a football note, Bernie Anderson was canned, Randy Awrey resigned as the DC, and I believe its the OC there that's being moved up to the HC now.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                Anyone have any speculation on how NMU will play Friday's game with the lack of defensemen? I say NMU should do what Tampa Bay did to the Flyers recently and play a 1-3-1, just to see how Miami reacts to that. It will be an interesting game on Friday night--I'll be watching online.
                Playing with 5 d-men isn't that big of a deal in and of itself. It happens whenever someone gets hurt or kicked out early. What hurts most is who will be missing. Handley and Kesti will have to step in and I think that they are both very capable players.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  Playing with 5 d-men isn't that big of a deal in and of itself. It happens whenever someone gets hurt or kicked out early. What hurts most is who will be missing. Handley and Kesti will have to step in and I think that they are both very capable players.
                  Right, hopefully the guys will step up and Ellingson and/or Coreau have good nights.

Something to read: http://www.miningjournal.net/page/co....html?nav=5010

Comment

It was nice to the article from WLUCtv6 a week ago about the Hockey guys spending some time at the Jacobetti VA.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...aspx?id=690906

And strangely, nothing from the Mining Journal about this. Seems they can dig up the dirt, but good causes like this go unnoticed.

And for those who think that this was just a "publicity" stunt to smooth over the "Bike-Gate," Lake Superior Hospice helped organize this, and I believe they'll be more involved with the hockey program this season.

As for "Bike-gate," I've read the police report provided by the North Wind. There is a LOT of questionable issues with the report. Great detective work in arresting FRESHMEN for bikes stolen two and three years ago.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

NMU 2 - MU 1. Gron, Nugent, and Coreau step it up for Northern. Well fought late third period win for NMU. Tomorrow night it will be nice to be back at full strength.

Did you see that Al-Hunt beat UNO tonight 3 - 1.
                      Last edited by aygwm2; 12-02-2011, 10:14 PM.

Comment

What a great weekend for Wildcat hockey. They currently sit at #9 in the Pairwise and have played the toughest schedule in the country. Not too shabby!

Comment

Way to go Cat's.. Should be a fun weekend coming up.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Can't say I could have imagined that I could use a series against LSSU as a measuring stick, but this will be a good weekend to see where the Cats stand on the season... Put up or shut up time...
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Something to read from The Mining Journal: NMU hockey players appear in court

Comment

I asked this in Lake State's thread too but I figured I would ask here. Where is the away team fans section in Taffey? Does one even exsist? Is anyone going to the game Friday night?

Comment

Working...
                                X