• Re: NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

Balls
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Do we really have to play another one tomorrow?

As Dave Danis said, "this was one crazy, crazy game." Something like that.
      NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        Balls
        Bollocks

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Wow, what a performance tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post

Bowling Green is NOT an automatic win. They have showed improvement towards the end of the regular season and they beat a very good Michigan team last weekend.
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
              Is anyone else watching the BGSU v NMU on AmericaOne tonight? Because, the camera angle and range really sucks for some reason. It's either a different setting or camera or camera operator or something, but it has changed form last night and previous nights. Anybody?

I might just waste my $9 and watch the OSU v ND on FSD+.
              We were watching and we were VERY frustrated with the idiot who was do the camera work!! IT WAS JUST AWFUL!!! Hope someone new handles the camera work tomorrow night!

GO FALCONS!!
              NEVER GIVE UP!!
              NEVER SURRENDER!!
              RELENTLESS FALCON HOCKEY!!
              #RelentlessFalconHockey
              #NeverGiveUp
              #NeverSurrender

GO BG!!
              Falcons Forever!!

Comment

You should tone down that signature.

Comment

I'm a true NMU fan and I say different. If you're so brilliant, why aren't you coaching? Or did you give it a try and it didn't work so well, maybe with a playoff choke against a sub .500 team at home after winning game 1??? I'm sure you know all about those!
                  Last edited by davyd83; 03-04-2012, 12:38 PM.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                    Do we really have to play another one tomorrow?

As Dave Danis said, "this was one crazy, crazy game." Something like that.
                    I believe it was 'weird."
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Season on the line tonight. Hopefully we can go 1:00 without giving up a goal. Not having watched or listened, I was surprised Ellingson stayed in. Even if he wasn't at fault, after going from 1-3 to 4-3 I thought a change would be made to shake things up. Coreau tonight?
                      Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                        Season on the line tonight. Hopefully we can go 1:00 without giving up a goal. Not having watched or listened, I was surprised Ellingson stayed in. Even if he wasn't at fault, after going from 1-3 to 4-3 I thought a change would be made to shake things up. Coreau tonight?
                        Right, I was wondering the same thing, not so much about replacing Ellingson last night, but about who would play tonight. I think it will be Coreau. But, if we win tonight, is it time to stick with one goalie for however far along we can get? Any thoughts?

Also, the lines did not seem to be clicking at all last night--the guys seemed out of sorts, scrambling much of the game, probably because of the penalty trouble after we went up 3 - 1 early in the 2nd. Walt did try to mix at least one of the lines up later in the game, didn't he? Ludwig was the only one with a + rating in last nights game.

Hope the guys can step it up tonight and stay out of the p-box.

Comment

Well, it was mentioned by Dave that Coreau was fighting a flu bug, so that might have played a part in keeping Ellie in the game... Gotta think that he will be back tonight given the situation...

Ugh... Game 3's are cool when you are an underdog, but when you are a favorite, they suck... So nervous about tonight
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            So nervous about tonight
                            Right there with you, feel the same way. Don't know if I want to watch, but I'll probably put down another $9 tonight for the A1 feed.

Whoever's in goal tonight, I hope they have a "stand on their head" performance.

Go 'Cats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                              Season on the line tonight.
                              I wish I could be optimistic, but the season is over. Focus on the Mason Cup, but I don't see that working out for us (as usual). Really frustrating seeing the empty seats in the BEC. Marquette yet again proves why they don't deserve this team.

8405, don't feed the troll.
                              NMU '10

Comment

Great job Marquette, way to once again let this program down with your lack of interest and attendance.
                                GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

Working...
                                X