Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Auto bids only go to the championship tourney winners in the conferences. The other 11 are at large bids. The way I see things, if NMU can sweep Bowling Green, it will still take at least one second round win to get them to the tourney. If it takes them three games to beat BG, then they probably need to at least get to the Joe.
    As much as I hate Michigan, I wish the Cats were playing them in the 2nd round (should they get there) A win over them would solidify you as a NCAA tourney team, or losses wouldn't hurt as much in the PWR. Either way, a sweep of BGSU is a must and 1 win in Kzoo. 3-4 more wins and this team is back in the NCAAs. Where is Boot_Walt_Kyle?
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
      As much as I hate Michigan, I wish the Cats were playing them in the 2nd round (should they get there) A win over them would solidify you as a NCAA tourney team, or losses wouldn't hurt as much in the PWR. Either way, a sweep of BGSU is a must and 1 win in Kzoo. 3-4 more wins and this team is back in the NCAAs. Where is Boot_Walt_Kyle?
      He has been booted.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
        I'm here, watching this travesty of a season unfold. A real coach would have a team like NMU as a solid lock for the NCAAs.

Comment

Bootsie is back!
          "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
          -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
            I'm here, watching this travesty of a season unfold. A real coach would have a team like NMU as a solid lock for the NCAAs.
            And who is...nope...ain't gonna do it. No need to battle the unarmed. But thanks 8405 for raising the dead. And Florida Cat, stop by McGuire's and kiss the moose for good luck for the Cats and put a dollar with my name on it on the wall!
            Last edited by davyd83; 02-28-2012, 07:39 AM.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

And Florida Cat, stop by McGuire's and kiss the moose for good luck for the Cats and put a dollar with my name on it on the wall!

davyd83 consider it done.
              "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
              -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Is anyone else watching the BGSU v NMU on AmericaOne tonight? Because, the camera angle and range really sucks for some reason. It's either a different setting or camera or camera operator or something, but it has changed form last night and previous nights. Anybody?

I might just waste my $9 and watch the OSU v ND on FSD+.
                NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

No. The $9 for a playoff game shied me away from it. Knowing what the feed is, the jump in price didn't seem worth it.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    No. The $9 for a playoff game shied me away from it. Knowing what the feed is, the jump in price didn't seem worth it.
                    Good decision. I've switched to the OSU - ND game. $9 down the tubes.

The strange thing is that the way they've got the camera set and set-up at the BEC tonight is different than any other night I've watched. The camera angle is up too far so that all the lights are showing and the lens must be pulled back making the players look smaller and blurry.

NMU is up 2 to 1 now though.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                      Good decision. I've switched to the OSU - ND game. $9 down the tubes.

The strange thing is that the way they've got the camera set and set-up at the BEC tonight is different than any other night I've watched. The camera angle is up too far so that all the lights are showing and the lens must be pulled back making the players look smaller and blurry.

NMU is up 2 to 1 now though.
                      Odd. Sounds like it's a new person running the camera due to the weather. Yeah, nice to hear the Cardiac Cats have the lead (listening to the radio stream). Bowling Green makes me nervous. Maybe it's from watching them blow us out on FSN-Detroit in 2002, or the Tuesday playoff game from 2001, or last year's playoffs...

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The camera angle and focus have changed for the second period and it's a better visual experience. Who knows...

Cats score to go up 3 - 1 early in the 2nd.

Comment

Odd. Sounds like it's a new person running the camera due to the weather.
                          I think you were right: a new person must have been running the camera in the 1st until the regular camera operator got there for the 2nd period.

What's with all these NMU penalties all of a sudden?

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                            What's with all these NMU penalties all of a sudden?
                            It sounds awful for both sides. A lot of what wasn't called last night is now called tonight.

How are kids supposed to develop with such inconsistent officiating? How are they supposed to know what's legal and what isn't, when it isn't consistently called?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

It sounds awful for both sides. A lot of what wasn't called last night is now called tonight.

How are kids supposed to develop with such inconsistent officiating? How are they supposed to know what's legal and what isn't, when it isn't consistently called?
                              9th NMU penalty; 7th BGSU power play.

And another BGSU penalty.

Comment

That was one crazy 2nd period.

BGSU 4 : 3 NMU

Comment

Working...
                                X