Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Just win. Win for Cherniwchan. Win for every one of those cancer survivors who benefit from the pink jerseys. Win to shut up the naysayers making fun of the guys.

Just win.

The PWR will continue to take care of itself as it has all season. I love the underrated status, but the recognition will be coming soon.

The boys need to remember two things:
    - Polls don't matter.
    - Win for Cherniwchan.
    Like I've always said, Winning makes the math easier to do when it comes to picking teams for the playoffs.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by oldtyme25 View Post
      Looking forward to a weekend sweep for the Wildcats!

Looks like it is going to be a all hands on deck weekend as Cherny is heading home for his father's funeral on Friday and with Higby still out with the rib injury, if my calculations are correct, that means every available player will suit up.

Not sure who is going to replace Cherny on the Vigier/Florek line, but I sure hope they don't break up the Gron/Thurber/Seckel line as that has been our best line most nights since they put them together before Xmas.

Big series, if one team sweeps the other it could kill a team's NCAA chances!
      Higby stepped in for Chernie, and played well!
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

From a tie of 4th to 13th in PWR overnight.

*facepalm*

Going to need to play better than that from here on out. Win, and the PWR helps itself.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          From a tie of 4th to 13th in PWR overnight.

*facepalm*

Going to need to play better than that from here on out. Win, and the PWR helps itself.
          Not a big deal... Yet. It would have been nice to see them sweep though, as they have debatable their hardest series of the year next weekend.
          NMU

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
            Not a big deal... Yet. It would have been nice to see them sweep though, as they have debatable their hardest series of the year next weekend.
            I am actually pretty thankful that we get Ferris in MQT...

going to Ewbigien or however it's spelled would have been a tough series, especially with Ferris gaining momentum as the year progresses...

Just use this past weekend as a learning experience and build on it...
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

NMU is 8-1-4 at home. Ferris is 11-1-2 at home. Ferris on the road is more down to earth at 6-6-1.

From here on out, Ferris State, Bowling Green, Michigan, and LSSU. At the minimum, NMU has to go 5-3. Its crunch time for a team that has played solid hockey all season.
              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
              2006-2007: 15-24-2
              2007-2008: 20-20-4
              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Hopefully, the home ice advantage will be good for the 'Cats.

They are 8 - 1 - 4 at home this year.

I know one or two of you guys will have a rebuttal for me but, Shots On Goal? Problem or not?

This past weekends SOG totals: NMU 27 - Miami 81

Shots Attempted totals: NMU 83 - Miami 134

I always think of the Gretzky quote: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Northern is 9th in Scoring Offense and 10th in Defense. Thankfully there aren't that many points separating NMU from the rest of the pack above them in those categories, nor in the league point standings.

It would be nice to get several WINS before the UoM and LSSU series.

Go 'Cats!
                NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                  Hopefully, the home ice advantage will be good for the 'Cats.

They are 8 - 1 - 4 at home this year.

I know one or two of you guys will have a rebuttal for me but, Shots On Goal? Problem or not?

This past weekends SOG totals: NMU 27 - Miami 81

Shots Attempted totals: NMU 83 - Miami 134

I always think of the Gretzky quote: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Northern is 9th in Scoring Offense and 10th in Defense. Thankfully there aren't that many points separating NMU from the rest of the pack above them in those categories, nor in the league point standings.

It would be nice to get several WINS before the UoM and LSSU series.

Go 'Cats!
                  Quality over Quantity.
                  Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                  1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                  2006-2007: 15-24-2
                  2007-2008: 20-20-4
                  2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                    Quality over Quantity.
                    I don't buy that argument so much, but I know it's another tactic.

I just wish they would shoot more in order to create more rebounds and general chaos in front of the goal.

SOG League Totals

UoM - 926
                    LSSU - 905
                    OSU - 884
                    MU - 851
                    WMU - 830
                    ND - 809
                    MSU - 786
                    UAF - 773
                    FSU - 772
                    BGSU - 714
                    NMU - 630

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

I don't buy that argument so much, but I know it's another tactic.

I just wish they would shoot more in order to create more rebounds and general chaos in front of the goal.

SOG League Totals

UoM - 926
                      LSSU - 905
                      OSU - 884
                      MU - 851
                      WMU - 830
                      ND - 809
                      MSU - 786
                      UAF - 773
                      FSU - 772
                      BGSU - 714
                      NMU - 630
                      I used to be of this mindset, but after watching Walt's system for 8 seasons, I don't have a problem with it... I'm used to the fact that we will have 3 goals on 10 shots on some nights... There will be periods with a goal and only 5 shots... It is a quality vs quantity debate and I want quality...

I don't think that the Cats have a tendency to sit and wait for the "perfect" shot either... When there is something, they put it on net and tally a quality chance... When these arise, they don't skip over them... They also have very few turnovers off of blocked shots that lead to rushes the other way... They're smart in this department...

Can it be frustrating at times for me? Sure, but it's a deal where you need to look into the situation more than just the raw stats...
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        I am actually pretty thankful that we get Ferris in MQT...

going to Ewbigien or however it's spelled would have been a tough series, especially with Ferris gaining momentum as the year progresses...

Just use this past weekend as a learning experience and build on it...
                        Ewigleben *

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgPoundCrazy View Post
                          Ewigleben *
                          How do you pronounce that?
                          Always a Wildcat...
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                            How do you pronounce that?
                            (pronounced A-VUH-glabe-in)

...or A-VAH-glave-in

depending on where you look...
                            Last edited by aygwm2; 01-29-2012, 04:51 PM.

Comment

(pronounced A-VUH-glabe-in)

...or A-VAH-glave-in

depending on where you look...
                              The first one is the correct one

Comment

SHOOT the puck, CATS. SHOOT!!!
                                Can't score, if you don't shoot. Lots of good things can happen when you just throw it on net...deflections, rebounds, maybe a penalty taken by the opposition, you name it. SHOOT!!

Comment

Working...
                                X