Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State at Michigan State 10/20,21

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    Way to many turnovers last night for ohio state and penalties also. Cal played pretty well and didnt have a chance on any of the spartan goals. I said this on the ohio state forum, it is very hard to get to upset at this team being they are so young. One thing they really need to fix is the passes to no one in there own zone along the boards that cost them ths 2nd goal and the 3rd one was a result of a center ice turnover. Like someone else said ohio state had chances but just didnt put them in the net. Michgian state did a great job of keeping most of the shots to the outside and blocked alot of shots also.
    Too many of these kids are playing like they did in junior hockey such as the passes around the boards to no one. Their old teammates may have been there for the pass but they and their new teammates have to develop that sync so each player will know what each will expect and do. Just takes time. They got it together enough to get the split at ND last week so well see if history repeats tonight (providing they stay out of the sin bin!).

Comment

Got the split tonight. Michigan State took on our role of too many penalty's committing 7 to our 4. However we only converted on one PP and that's something that still needs much improvement. Good game Spartans, look forward to seeing you in Columbus in early February.
      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-21-2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Once again I saw a team hungry going to the net. But in 3rd Ohio state did a better job keeping rebound chances to perimeter. Down a goal msu could have got the equalizer power play but then you got Krug with that silly retaliation. Dang.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          Got the split tonight. Michigan State took on our role of too many PP's committing 7 to our 4. However we only converted on one PP and that's something that still needs much improvement. Good game Spartans, look forward to seeing you in Columbus in early February.
          kinda what I expected - truly young team vs. Team who's learning a new game. Catch u later

Comment

After that quick goal I thought we'd see a replay of last night. Unfortunately that didn't happen. Some bad penalties combined with not clearing the zone a couple times made for a tough time to stay in it.

I thought there were some questionable calls near the end of the game, but I could see where they were coming from on all... except the spraying. One, I know that's a rule but I don't remember ever seeing that called before. Two, that was the first instance of it that I can remember all series. Third, maybe I'm wrong on this but it looked like the ref didn't call it until after he took a dive following the shove from the OSU player. At first I thought it was unsportsmanlike on OSU, then when they took MSU to the box I thought it was embellishment for a dive. Then they called spraying and that was when I got angry.

Oh well, decent series, hopefully we see more Fridays and less Saturdays this season.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
              Once again I saw a team hungry going to the net. But in 3rd Ohio state did a better job keeping rebound chances to perimeter. Down a goal msu could have got the equalizer power play but then you got Krug with that silly retaliation. Dang.
              I have had it up to here with Torey Krug. He appears to need to respond to every shove or physical slight directed at him, in the process taking sometimes silly and sometimes fatal penalties. That isn't leadership. Learn to walk away - if you retaliate, you sink to your opponent's level. If you can't do that, then turn in the C and let someone else have it who can be inspirational without being angry.
              "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
              - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                I thought there were some questionable calls near the end of the game, but I could see where they were coming from on all... except the spraying.
                Merrifield got hooked on a shorthanded breakaway right in front of us. Coulda possibly even been given a penalty shot (not that those ever help us).
                And, I can understand a guy standing up for his netminder after a spraying, but it seemed that went a little too far. Shoulda been a 4x4 there.

I don't think these have any outcome on the game ... things just got outta hand. Ohio State came ready to play tonight for sure, and I think in the second half of the second period until it was almost too late, we forgot the effort that got us game #1 last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  Got the split tonight. Michigan State took on our role of too many penalty's committing 7 to our 4. However we only converted on one PP and that's something that still needs much improvement. Good game Spartans, look forward to seeing you in Columbus in early February.
                  Very good game tonight after a rough start. Great split on the road again now going home against a tough alaska team looking to get a series victory.

Comment

Friday night was a nice teamwork win. The Goalies for both teams played very good. GO BUCKS.
                    " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Box score says Duddy had 5 shots? Can that be correct? It would be great to see him contribute offensively for sure.
                      Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen22266 View Post
                        I have had it up to here with Torey Krug. He appears to need to respond to every shove or physical slight directed at him, in the process taking sometimes silly and sometimes fatal penalties. That isn't leadership. Learn to walk away - if you retaliate, you sink to your opponent's level. If you can't do that, then turn in the C and let someone else have it who can be inspirational without being angry.
                        Might as well get used to it as you'll probably have another year of it to boot. However, Krug's tenacity is his style. I remember once, a coach told me that they couldn't take the anger out of a certain player because then that player would be less effective. (not exact words, but this is a family show...) Everybody loves Tory, the press eats him up and so he will always be out there doing this..

I love watching Tory get under the other team's skin. I would always rather have a mean hockey team that a bunch of guys being nice out there. Hockey is a mean sport, IMHO.

GO GREEN!
                        "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
                          Might as well get used to it as you'll probably have another year of it to boot. However, Krug's tenacity is his style. I remember once, a coach told me that they couldn't take the anger out of a certain player because then that player would be less effective. (not exact words, but this is a family show...) Everybody loves Tory, the press eats him up and so he will always be out there doing this..

I love watching Tory get under the other team's skin. I would always rather have a mean hockey team that a bunch of guys being nice out there. Hockey is a mean sport, IMHO.

GO GREEN!
                          He takes penalties which affect the flow of the game. I do not feel he is setting a good example as a leader. And this is not about being nice - this is about being big enough to walk away instead of having to answer. I stand by my comments.
                          "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                          - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                          X