Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vermont at Minnesota - Oct 21,23 (East Meets West)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont at Minnesota - Oct 21,23 (East Meets West)

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
    See the game sunday, numbnuts? Ahahaha. When vermont comes to play they can compete with anyone. They hadn't even played a SINGLE regular season game til the
    first one against minnesota. I think almost every other team in the country had at least 3 to 5 regular season games under their belt. Can't wait to play pew-mass lowell.
    Looks like you guys actually have a decent team this year.
    This happens every year. Vermont could lose six straight, then they win a game and it's all "ARGHHH WE CAN BEAT ANYONE!!!1one!" What else can I expect from a team who continues to name their season thread after a player who's 14 years removed from the school?

Vermont was very opportunistic and deserves all the credit in the world, because no one outside of that bench thought they had a shot in hell down 3-1. Minnesota had too many lapses in control and judgement, and that's the real story of the game. When Minnesota was on, they made Vermont looked awful - i.e. that double minor where the Gophers PK spent four minutes performing a beautiful rendition of the Ice Capades around the Catamount PP.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

It was nice to be able to watch some college hockey on Sunday. It's a shame that a couple of the Gopher's young guys could not control their emotions and negated what would have been power plays for their team (PP @ 36%). It allowed the Cats to jump right back in the game. Have to give Vermont credit though, they were hungry and beat Patterson with some great passing and shots up high. If the Gophers can continue at a 5 win, 1 Loss clip they will have nothing to worry about. A lot more good things are happening for the maroon and gold than bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        This happens every year. Vermont could lose six straight, then they win a game and it's all "ARGHHH WE CAN BEAT ANYONE!!!1one!"
        I don't recall any of us getting too fired up last year.

Vermont was very opportunistic and deserves all the credit in the world, because no one outside of that bench thought they had a shot in hell down 3-1.
        This is actually one of the more reasonable things you've ever said. Thanks. I still thought they had a shot down 3-1 though. They were a different team from the get-go and the 3 Gopher goals were at least a wee bit fluky (especially the 3rd one). Plus, the game was only half over.

Comment

Some of the Gopher's goals may have seemed a bit "fluky", but when you have scored as many of them as the Gophers have so far this year, it begins to look much less like luck and more and more like proper positioning and the ability to finish. Nothing wrong with "dirty" goals.

Vermont earned this win and there is nothing else to say about it. They executed better than Minnesota did, and took advantage of the opportunities they were given. As bummed as I am about the loss, I was happy to see Vermont bounce back onSunday as it will make the rematch out there much more entertaining. I'm planning to make the trip and and can't wait to see my Gophers play out East

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            Some of the Gopher's goals may have seemed a bit "fluky", but when you have scored as many of them as the Gophers have so far this year, it begins to look much less like luck and more and more like proper positioning and the ability to finish. Nothing wrong with "dirty" goals.
            Agreed.

Comment

This happens every year. Vermont could lose six straight, then they win a game and it's all "ARGHHH WE CAN BEAT ANYONE!!!1one!" What else can I expect from a team who continues to name their season thread after a player who's 14 years removed from the school?

Vermont was very opportunistic and deserves all the credit in the world, because no one outside of that bench thought they had a shot in hell down 3-1. Minnesota had too many lapses in control and judgement, and that's the real story of the game. When Minnesota was on, they made Vermont looked awful - i.e. that double minor where the Gophers PK spent four minutes performing a beautiful rendition of the Ice Capades around the Catamount PP.
              "made Vermont looked awful" --spectacular grammar Also, I'm surprised you actually gave Vermont any credit at all (knowing you), but thank you. I'd like to see lowell score even one goal against the 8th ranked team in the country, much less beat them.

Comment

Boy can you feel the jealously in that comment, hey considering how close you are to Boston did any Bruin bring the Cup to Lowell?

And yes we are proud of our Ex Cats, If Roloson had beat Thomas I bet you would have been the first poster in the Vermont thread to tell us.
                New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                  It was nice to be able to watch some college hockey on Sunday. It's a shame that a couple of the Gopher's young guys could not control their emotions and negated what would have been power plays for their team (PP @ 36%). It allowed the Cats to jump right back in the game. Have to give Vermont credit though, they were hungry and beat Patterson with some great passing and shots up high. If the Gophers can continue at a 5 win, 1 Loss clip they will have nothing to worry about. A lot more good things are happening for the maroon and gold than bad.
                  Hey, you quit that before you jinx the Gophers!
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                    Hey, you quit that before you jinx the Gophers!
                    Don't worry Wes. I won't be cheering for them come NCAA Tourney time. You're safe.
                    Last edited by Bronzebacks; 10-24-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Sorry willy, gave you red accidentally. Will correct as soon as I can get past the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                        Don' worry Wes. I won't be cheering for them come NCAA Tourney time. You're safe.
                        If things go South I know who I'm coming after
                        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                        X