Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vermont at Minnesota - Oct 21,23 (East Meets West)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
    I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Not only was the present game only half over, but they were also giving your team the next two games on the road.
    Yeah, that bugged me big time.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
      I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Not only was the present game only half over, but they were also giving your team the next two games on the road.
      I certainly will be pulling for you guys as well

Comment

• Re: Vermont at Minnesota - Oct 21,23 (East Meets West)

Thank goodness we avoided ending up being #1 with this loss. Our team doesn't need that stress.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Well, Vermont got the better of the weekend. Hard to believe after Friday.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
            You're talking about Vermont... Do you actually think they are going to come into your house and sneak past you? Hence, the "sandbagging" Wasn't trying to pick a fight just saying, they're not very good.
            I rest my case. If you ever come into another of our threads and accuse me of sandbagging, I hope you get trampled to death by a herd of MNSes that buries you in a pile of turds rolling down their legs for eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
              Hey Patronick

I think a split at a 5-1 team is gonna be worth alot more than your sweep of a 1-5 team that just lost 10-2 last night.

Dont worry you wont have those tough teams like UConn this week instead your schedule gets easy with BC.
              Nice to see you managed to crawl out of your hole now that Vermont finally manages a win. I'll give you guys this much, UVM's hack-n-dive is in mid-season form right now. Bravo, that was a sight to behold.
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

No, no, no, no. If the Gophers ever want to aspire to be like the Sioux, our fans need to blame every loss on the refs. Come on, learn to complain with the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                  Nice to see you managed to crawl out of your hole now that Vermont finally manages a win. I'll give you guys this much, UVM's hack-n-dive is in mid-season form right now. Bravo, that was a sight to behold.
                  Yep we finally managed a win after 2 whole games. And actually I believe you are the champ of crawling into a hole with that disappearing act you did last year when your team hit the skids.

Sorry the Cats had to plug holes in all of your lame comments in this thread, now another fan base get to see how much a crush you have on UVM.

Keep it up we do need our comic relief.
                  New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

I agree with Cat Lover, It certainly was refreshing to have a game thread that actually talked about the games. Unfortunately
                    Lowell will probably have a bad year, and we will have to endure the ridiculous thread crashing flame fests the rest of the year.
                    Look forward to the home series next year.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Well done today, Vermont, a much more inspired effort. Kudos to your coaches on getting them ready to play (I suspect having an extra day helped them a lot) and for the taking it to MN. Best of luck the rest of the season.

As for MN, there goes the perfect season.
                      While the loss is disappointing it certainly isn't the end of the world and hopefully the importance to play a full 60 minutes is now understood. One thing non-conference home games give you is the chance to slide different players in and out of the lineup and give them a chance. While I don't see Thompson spending much time in the lineup any playing time is invaluable for a freshman. I think we will continue to see Sachetti, Isaacson, Nick Larson, & Boyd battle it out to join Serratore on the 4th line - and the competition is a good thing - and as mentioned on GPL Boyd and Larson are probably 4A and Isaacson/Sachetti 4B. Hopefully these 4-5 guys battling for ice team will also keep the top three lines hungrier in games and practices.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Thompson's poor play I can get over. The three ridiculously stupid retaliatory penalties he took (some of which negated power plays) is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                          Thompson's poor play I can get over. The three ridiculously stupid retaliatory penalties he took (some of which negated power plays) is another story.
                          That got me mad, too, and he wasn't the only one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                            That got me mad, too, and he wasn't the only one.
                            Yep, Ambroz is another that clearly stands out.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                              Yep, Ambroz is another that clearly stands out.
                              I thought Helgeson's penalty when he went into the defense of Hau was dumb too. Yes, I appreciate what he did but he could have been smarter about it IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                                I thought Helgeson's penalty when he went into the defense of Hau was dumb too. Yes, I appreciate what he did but he could have been smarter about it IMHO.
                                Agreed. They need to make smarter decisions. I thought they regressed bit defensively too today. With our youth on defense that is going to happen, but it needs to be a point of emphasis in practice this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X