Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vermont at Minnesota - Oct 21,23 (East Meets West)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vermont at Minnesota - Oct 21,23 (East Meets West)

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    You're talking about Vermont... Do you actually think they are going to come into your house and sneak past you? Hence, the "sandbagging" Wasn't trying to pick a fight just saying, they're not very good.
    Haha, what do you call the opposite of sandbagging?
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Gophers put up another 15 goals this weekend in a sweep of UVM.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Yes we will be bringing the cheese. http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2011/10/06/...try-right-now/

Also might bring a surprise or two for the Gophers. Heard they go great with some extra sharp and crackers.
        Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
        National Champions 1992, 2001
        21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
        National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
        Future National Champions 201?

Comment

Originally posted by VermontfaninNY View Post
          Also might bring a surprise or two for the Gophers. Heard they go great with some extra sharp and crackers.
          Oooh, oooh, I hope it's Ben & Jerry's!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Maybe they can give out Ben & Jerry's at Mariucci instead of Culver's this weekend.
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VermontfaninNY View Post
              Slate?
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Nice to see Patronick is still fixated on our team!

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  Gophers put up another 15 goals this weekend in a sweep of UVM.
                  You may sweep, but you won't put up 15 goals. One thing we do have going for us is a good goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
                    Nice to see Patronick is still fixated on our team!
                    Yeah, now that his sorry a-$-$ team is playing a little better, he can get back to his classless posts about us.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                      You may sweep, but you won't put up 15 goals. One thing we do have going for us is a good goalie.
                      I don't think we'll put up 15 goals on you guys either. In all seriousness, I don't think any Gopher fans are over-looking you guys. In fact, I think most of us are a little worried about a letdown after a big road conference series.

I did a little reading on your team, but was wondering if you could tell us a little more about your style of play. How is your transition game? Forecheck? Sounds like you guys have had the same issue with shot selection we've had the past few years. Do you guys have balanced scoring, or do you rely more one one line?

For the Gophers, we've got a good combination of speed and size, but we are really young. The inexperience has shown at times, especially on defense. We really struggled at times with UMD's fast transition game and aggressive forecheck.

Sounds like goaltending is a strength for both of our teams. Patterson bailed us out of some tough spots this past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                        I don't think we'll put up 15 goals on you guys either. In all seriousness, I don't think any Gopher fans are over-looking you guys. In fact, I think most of us are a little worried about a letdown after a big road conference series.

I did a little reading on your team, but was wondering if you could tell us a little more about your style of play. How is your transition game? Forecheck? Sounds like you guys have had the same issue with shot selection we've had the past few years. Do you guys have balanced scoring, or do you rely more one one line?

For the Gophers, we've got a good combination of speed and size, but we are really young. The inexperience has shown at times, especially on defense. We really struggled at times with UMD's fast transition game and aggressive forecheck.

Sounds like goaltending is a strength for both of our teams. Patterson bailed us out of some tough spots this past weekend.
                        Agreed.

I am curious about what kind of team Vermont is as well
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                          Yeah, now that his sorry a-$-$ team is playing a little better, he can get back to his classless posts about us.
                          That's a lot of butt-hurt for so early in the season.

Sure, I'm happy Lowell managed a couple of W's (and, you know, didn't lose at home to a bunch of high school kids), but does that mean I can't chime in on other match-ups? If so, the terrorists have won.

Game 1 Minnesota 4-1
                          Game 2 Minnesota 6-2
                          Lowell Forever
                          Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post

Sure, I'm happy Lowell managed a couple of W's (and, you know, didn't lose at home to a bunch of high school kids), but does that mean I can't chime in on other match-ups? If so, the terrorists have won.

Game 1 Minnesota 4-1
                            Game 2 Minnesota 6-2
                            Chime in all you want, just don't be such a d-bag when you do it. I'm actually happy for you guys--those were two nice road wins.

I'm going to say:

Game 1 Minnesota 3-1
                            Game 2 Minnesota 4-3

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post

Game 1 Minnesota 4-1
                              Game 2 Minnesota 6-2
                              And your tie versus that Canadian team was such an impressive first outing that all of the 372 in attendance gave a standing O.

Considering how inflated UML attendance numbers usually are thats pretty sad.
                              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Wow. This is looking like a WCHA thread where all the rivals not playing in the game being discussed come in and snipe at each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X