Unh @ scsu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    You mean the goalie that USCHO said was the best goalie in the country a few weeks ago?
    Yep, and our goalie was hyped as the guy who would take us to a national championship. Goalies are different.
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Re: Unh @ scsu

You have any more breaking news?
      Sorry, I'm just completely stunned that someone - a USCHO writer, no less - that would turn out to be wrong! What were they thinking? I'll bet they didn't even consult you before voicing their opinion. The nerve!
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

You have any more breaking news?
        yeah, you're as much a Brown fan as I am a BC fan, news at 11

Comment

Originally posted by jml42691 View Post
          Question, is the pronunciation of "SorkIN" as "SorkUM" a Minnesota accent thing? Was bugging me all day as well as Knodel being pronounced as "Coonoodle" (it's "Kah-No-Del"). The first intermission report was hilarious and was YouTube gold if someone uploads a video of it. Also heard the funniest DiGirolamo pronunciation yet (Didorono) but with a last name like that it's expected.
          Back to you, guys!
          A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Originally posted by IrishWildcat View Post
            Back to you, guys!
            I don't know about working, but it just looked like kanodle was missing a vowel to make it can noodle.
            Bob is making me concerned
            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by jml42691 View Post
              Question, is the pronunciation of "SorkIN" as "SorkUM" a Minnesota accent thing? Was bugging me all day as well as Knodel being pronounced as "Coonoodle" (it's "Kah-No-Del"). The first intermission report was hilarious and was YouTube gold if someone uploads a video of it. Also heard the funniest DiGirolamo pronunciation yet (Didorono) but with a last name like that it's expected.
              Funny. It was bugging me too last night. Now tonight Jim Rich started calling him KnOdel during a powerplay as if a new guy was on the ice!

But St. Clown is right, the production is all student run. Ask yourself if UNH has that capabiilty in their collegiate programs. If they do, congrats. But HP annually has received national awards for their Mass Comm production work. However, last night's production was awkward at times, if not scary.

Comment

Wow! Two intense games this weekend. How can UNH be winless at this point?

That Moses guy is a machine. He nearly parted the Husckey Red Sea with 13 seconds to play in OT. And Novak had an open net with 40 seconds left in regulation but couldn't score. Saturday's game was one of those contests where either team could make great arguments why they should have won the game. UNH had a huge SOG advantage on Saturday. But SCSU typically does not out shoot their opponent, choosing instead to attempt more scoring chances than simply shots on goal. But that second period seemed to be one entire power play for UNH. When SCSU had their 5 minute power play in the third period, they looked somewhat tired. No surprise they gave up a 3 on 1 short handed goal. But that tying third goal was all St. Cloud and well earned.

Lee was the difference in Saturday's game.

Hat's off to UNH for coming back down 0 - 2 and getting off the schnide with a point on the road.

Comment

Not sure how Rich or Saterdalen pronouncing a guy's name wrong has anything to do with the show being student-run. Also, remember how Frank Mazzocco called Aaron Brockelhurst "Brucklerhorse" for 4 years?
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                    Wow! Two intense games this weekend. How can UNH be winless at this point?
                    We're a work in progress, but appear to at least be making progress. I think the goalies (all of them) made the difference this weekend -- Lee was good throughout, Digi struggled in game 1, and Wyer did his job well enough to presumably earn the starting role for the time being, at least. (Bummer he ends up with the loss in the 1st game, though.) Congrats again to the Huskies.
                    We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                    ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                    --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      Mike Lee isnt good enough to shut out UNH.
                      'You ain't "The Element", you ain't nothing!'
                      (long running shout from the student section after SCSU's Boron last played at the Whitt)
                      "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                      Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                      NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                      EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                      AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                      1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                      X