No announcement yet.

Future WCHA versus Big/Little THC ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future WCHA versus Big/Little THC ...

Originally posted by Rich View Post
    That's exactly what keeps the HEA down in third. The top teams in HEA were (as you know, these are based on last year's numbers) right there with the NCHC teams. But since this is an average teams like UML (3.7), UMass (5.6), Providence (7.5) and others brought the average for HEA down significantly. That actually should help the top HEA teams in the PWR, since the PWR undervalues strength of schedule. An ideal schedule for the PWR includes a significant number of cupcakes to bolster winning %, and HEA will have that built in with the bottom 1/3 of the league. NCHC and Big 10 teams, if they all trend towards being upper-tier teams, will need to schedule as many weaker teams as possible in their non-conference schedules to keep up.
    That's a big IF for the teams trending to be upper-tier teams. Someone is going to be a bottom feeder in the conference. And if you are a recruit, do you want to play in those conferences to play your non-conference games against lower level teams?
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

This thread is ridiculous. As was stated, recruiting will make a massive shift once the conferences realign. In Minnesota, for example, it's not unusual for someone to opt for a small state school knowing they will be playing essentially the same schedule as the Gophers a la WCHA. Come B1G, these kids will more than likely push for being a Gopher in order to play Michigan, Ohio St, Wisconsin, etc -- rather than playing Bowling Green, Ferris St, Alaska, or Omaha. The same will be true in Michigan and Ohio.

The dominant conferences will be the B1G & Hockey East. The new conference will have dominant schools, but considering most are pretty solid now, some will end up as doormats or the parity in general will bring the others to mediocrity. I would think No Dak and Denver will hang higher, but post-Dean Blais Omaha, SCSU, and Western Michigan will likely be doormats. Duluth, CC, and the rest will likely continue their roller-coaster like results with good years and bad. The W/C-CHA will be a hair better than the ECAC and I wouldn't be surprised if a handful of schools end their D-I statuses.

Bottom line? Quit whining about the B1G reforming. Those schools carried two conferences and now realize the secondary schools can carry themselves. Without the B1G schools revenue boosts, there wouldn't be a D-I Ferris St, Bemidji St, St Cloud St, etc. It's good for hockey to show major conferences. Maybe the Big East will be the next to form, which would really put hockey on the collegiate map.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        I see 11 games thus far.

10/7/11

Bemidji State 5 (WCHA 1-0 vs. BHHC)
        Miami 3

Northern Michigan 3 (WCHA 1-0 vs. LTHC)
        Wisconsin 2

St. Cloud State 4 (WCHA 1-1 vs. BHHC)
        Alaska 1

10/8/11

Miami 3 (WCHA 1-2 vs. BHHC)
        Bemidji State 2

Wisconsin 3 (WCHA 1-1 vs. LTHC)
        Northern Michigan 2

Alaska Anchorage 4 (WCHA 2-2 vs. BHHC)
        St. Cloud State 3

10/14/11

Lake Superior State 5 (WCHA 2-1 vs. LTHC)
        Michigan State 4

Colorado College 3 (WCHA 2-3 vs. BHHC)
        Bemidji State 1

Michigan Tech 2 (WCHA 3-1 vs. LTHC)
        Wisconsin 1

Northern Michigan 5 (WCHA 3-3 vs. BHHC)
        St. Cloud State 2

Alaska Anchorage 3 (WCHA 4-3 vs. BHHC)
        Nebraska Omaha 0

Overall:
        WCHA is 4-3 against BHHC
        WCHA is 3-1 against LTHC
        WCHA is 7-4 overall against BHHC + LTHC

I don't have time to keep this updated throughout the next two years, but this is where it stands now.
        BTW, this is biased. Where's the Minnesota sweep of UMD? That would make the conference records 3-3, not 3-1. That's assuming the rest of the quoted post is accurate. Must be your epic No Dak edumacation.

Comment

Originally posted by magpie View Post
          BTW, this is biased. Where's the Minnesota sweep of UMD? That would make the conference records 3-3, not 3-1. That's assuming the rest of the quoted post is accurate. Must be your epic No Dak edumacation.
          Congrats on remembering your password after registering three years ago. But on the downside, Minnesota's victories over UMD are irrelevant to this thread. I'll let you figure out why that is. Since you obviously don't have a No Dak edumacation, it shouldn't be too difficult for you.
          Last edited by Dirty; 10-16-2011, 08:06 PM.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

You just proved you are an idiot.
            "My greatest achievement."
            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

This thread is ridiculous.
              Been quite some time since someone on their 2nd post decried a thread I created but since people who have been here forever and gained an honest disdain for me have already beat you like a red-headed stepchild I'll take a pass this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                Congrats on remembering your password after registering three years ago. But on the downside, Minnesota's victories over UMD are irrelevant to this thread...
                Boom... That's a good retort, no doubt.
                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                Eric's Twitter
                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                  Boom... That's a good retort, no doubt.
                  Goon stop trying to use big words, everyone knows u are just a dumb No Dak Hick.

The last time you were in Minny someone probably taught you what retort meant and you have just been waiting to use it. Before that all your fat butt knew of was a chocolate torte.

MN 4-0 and leading all stats in the WCHA.

SUE 2-1-1 and Krispy Toes is your only good player....a MN kid of course.
                  Last edited by RinkPig; 10-16-2011, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                    Goon stop trying to use big words, everyone knows u are just a dump No Dak Hick.

The last time you were in Minny someone probably taught you what retort meant and you have just been waiting to use it. Before that all your fat butt knew of was a chocolate torte.

Sioux 2-1-1 and Kristo is your only good player....a MN kid of course.
                    Wow!!! What a major "****** Nozzle" you are... Actually, if you think that Kristo is the only good player that the Sioux have on their roster you're probably beyond ****** Nozzle. Wow!!! Did any of your family members live? Minnesota beat Sacred Heart aka the weak sister of the poor a team that was shut out in three straight games and has scored two goals on the season. While Kristo might only be tied for 7th nationally, he didn't get to pad the stats against a ****ty team like your guys did.
                    Last edited by Goon; 10-16-2011, 10:35 PM.
                    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                    Eric's Twitter
                    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                      Goon stop trying to use big words, everyone knows u are just a dump No Dak Hick.

SUE 2-1-1 and Krispy Toes is your only good player....a MN kid of course.
                      He-haw donkey, he-haw.
                      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

This is the dumbest post of the year. This is even dumber then the people that can't do Simple Math.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                          Has nothing to do with proving it was a bad idea. It has to do with being labeled leftovers from the island of misfit toys by the twats that are posing as "better" hockey teams and getting some visceral satisfaction from knocking said team's dicks in the dirt. And after today's results my viscera is pretty satisfied ...

It was 7-4 ... right now it's 10-4 with just two such matchups to be decided. Bemidji is tied with CC 4-4 at the moment and If UA_ beats the fun-filled family card game it will be 12-4.
                          1. If I remember correctly, the person who referred to it as the island of misfit toys was a fan of a future wcha team.
                          2. "posing" as better hockey teams? They are better hockey teams. Find one piece of statistical evidence that shows the teams of the future WCHA as being comparable to the NCHC. Oh wait, you have two weekends worth of hockey.
                          3. As Mike Tice said "ENJOY the season."
                          Last edited by Tipsy McStagger; 10-17-2011, 12:27 PM.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                            Wow!!! What a major "****** Nozzle" you are... Actually, if you think that Kristo is the only good player that the Sioux have on their roster you're probably beyond ****** Nozzle. Wow!!! Did any of your family members live? Minnesota beat Sacred Heart aka the weak sister of the poor a team that was shut out in three straight games and has scored two goals on the season. While Kristo might only be tied for 7th nationally, he didn't get to pad the stats against a ****ty team like your guys did.
                            I caught me another big one....hook, line, and sinker!

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              ... spew ...
                              When they covered objective and subjective in 6th grade and explained the difference you were at home sick. Huh?

Comment

14-10-2 now.

Comment

Working...
                                X