Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part II: We Like to Post!

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
    No, you obviously have the superior "stuff". I am not on campus every day any more, but was through the 80's and early 90's. Pipes did little for the men's hockey team and athletics in general. Again, you and many others dislike Shirley for some very good reasons, but don't deny the facts. She has pushed investment in the athletics infrastructure and given the hockey programs what they need to succeed. I don't know if she sends love notes to the players, and who cares? She meets with Knowlton and Appert when necessary and from what I have seen supports the program and Appert's efforts to engage past players. Were you around behind the scenes during the 25 year celebration of the '85 Championship team? She was and those guys noticed.
    Not since Appert has arrived (the last 6 years) has she "pushed investment in the athletics infrastructure".....like I said.....something she realized she HAD to do!

I don't dislike her.....she is great (see post #849)! And yes I was around behind the scenes, won't even touch your comments about the '85 Championship celebration.

You are either one of her two security detail people who sit outside her house 24/7 or her driver!
    Last edited by hockeymascot; 11-04-2011, 10:22 AM.
    Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Whatever it is, it ain't nearly as potent as your stash. You're probably smoking it from multiple, er, Pipes.
      I have to admit it RC, you are good!!!
      Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

I don't know enough about the prior presidents of RPI to make a comparison, and while I agree that Shirley is... less-than-perfect, but aren't ECAV and the renovations to the Field House "investment in the athletics infrastructure"
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
          Not since Appert has arrived (the last 6 years) has she "pushed investment in the athletics infrastructure".....like I said.....something she realized she HAD to do!

I don't dislike her.....she is great (see post #849)! And yes I was around behind the scenes, won't even touch your comments about the '85 Championship celebration.

You are either one of her two security detail people who sit outside her house 24/7 or her driver!
          Nope; don't like guns and lost my livery medallion years ago. As for her HAVING to make the improvements, why would you do it if you didn't have to? The athletic facilities were awful for years before she got here, including during the Pipes years. I can’t name one significant improvement to the athletic facilities during his tenure. Wait, maybe the pool was built during his time. Touch the ’85 celebration comments, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Whatever it is, it ain't nearly as potent as your stash. You're probably smoking it from multiple, er, Pipes.
            I'll have to remember this post the next time that you accuse me of making puns.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ajt6954 View Post
              That was it. I believe he partnered with another gentlemen for a few years after he got out of the US Coast Guard, but the shop you mention is certainly it. That stick you mention in particular could be one of several signed sticks my father has down in his basement from the ol' shop...one I'm certainly aware of is Bill Sack's from the following photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/6935451...57628040235820
              One of the all time best RPI goalies that I have seen.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I missed your earlier post that stated that your grandfather was that barber. I went there for haircuts my entire time at RPI as far as I can recall.
                I used to go there also-albeit infrequently since I kept my hair very long even before it was fashionable later on in the 60's

Comment

I'll have to remember this post the next time that you accuse me of making puns.
                  My puns are edgy and exciting, your puns are sad and tragic.

Regardless, let it be known that R. Byron Pipes was an unmitigated disaster and there's a reason he's never held an administrative post since the trustees ran him out of town.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I posted the Saturday game yesterday. The video dropped a lot of frames during recording, which caused the audio to fall out of sync by quite a bit, as much as 10 seconds or so at times.

http://www.rpitv.org/productions/414...lorado-college

The 1st goal on Diebold is at timecode 16:30 in the 1st (we have a GREAT replay, and Diebold's reaction is amusing), RPI goal is at timecode 17:35 in the 2nd, second CC goal is at 19:00 in the 2nd, 3rd goal is at 9:00 in the 3rd, and no one cares about the ENG.
                    RPI Class of 2012
                    Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      Just for fun, I listed out all the teams that played in NCAA men's division one ice hockey championship game. In the 62 years that it has been played, 27 teams have made the final, 18 teams have won championships, only two teams have a 1.000 winning percentage once they have reached the championship game, and only one of those teams has won the championship more than once.

I think it was Ralph who said we are on pace to win again in 2015 - 2016....every 31 years, like clockwork!

PS I was also pleasantly surprised to notice that, of the 12 teams currently in the ECAC, 8 of them have made the finals.
                      Any chance we could see that list or you could post it somewhere? After reading what you did, I am also curious...
                      Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        I used to go there also-albeit infrequently since I kept my hair very long even before it was fashionable later on in the 60's
                        By chance..........was the name of the shop on 15th Street "Clem Zotto's Beman Park Barber Shop"?

Comment

Originally posted by MightyEl View Post
                          By chance..........was the name of the shop on 15th Street "Clem Zotto's Beman Park Barber Shop"?
                          Since I usually combine my visit to the barber with a stop at the Knotty Pine for a pizza and some liquid refreshment-I usually could not remember much from that day.

Comment

Originally posted by MightyEl View Post
                            That sounds vaguely familiar, but ajt6954 should know.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Interview with SA on This Week in ECAC Hockey http://www.ecachockey.com/men/Radio_...311_Radio_Show.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That sounds vaguely familiar, but ajt6954 should know.
                                The Clem Zotto name sounds familiar...and would make sense...isn't the Notty called Zotto's Notty Pine? To my knowledge, for the first ten or so years, I believe the shop was indeed named for my grandfather's business partner...and that could have been Clem...but will confirm with him. After that, he went on his own as Gene Traver's Barbershop. He moved from the Notty Pine locale to what is now June's Unisex Hairstyling (across from Ali Baba restaurant) which he used to share with a florist for some time as well.

I apologize for the lack of specifics regarding timing, but it's been about 5 or so years since him and I have reminisced about "the shop" . He's usually more interested in hearing about my pursuit of the next ex-girlfriend...haha. I'll make sure to ask for some more details next time I speak with him for ya.
                                Last edited by ajt6954; 11-04-2011, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X