X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mwade
    replied
    Re: UMass 09-10

Didn't see an alumni thread, nice article on Mike Merchant - http://www.wickedlocal.com/franklin/...hockey-odyssey

Leave a comment:

• jjmc85
    replied

Originally posted by brightonjohn View Post
    BC fan here sending my condolences to all UMass fans for their recent early loss of not 1, not 2, but 3 players to the pros. You guys got hit wicked hard, and I feel for you. I thought it was bad enough losing 1 BC player last year. It really messes things up.
    I try to look on the bright side. UMass finished in the bottom of the standings with them, they can finish in the bottom of the standings without them.

Leave a comment:

• brightonjohn
    replied

BC fan here sending my condolences to all UMass fans for their recent early loss of not 1, not 2, but 3 players to the pros. You guys got hit wicked hard, and I feel for you. I thought it was bad enough losing 1 BC player last year. It really messes things up.

Leave a comment:

• 5IslandsWildcat
    replied

Originally posted by UMassFan View Post
    Irwin and Marcou are also gone as of today to the San Jose Sharks
    Wow. Sorry UMass taking such big hits. To change subject, would like to know status of Ryan Leary. He was excellent offensive forward at DIII Bowdoin, but didn't play this year.Thought 2008-2009 was his year of ineligibilty. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• UMassFan
    replied

Originally posted by HATSOFF View Post
    It has been long rumored that he would be gone. If he had kept up the level of play from the beginning of the year, most would be angry.

It seems clear he made his decision in January when he started to play for his future not for his team.
    Irwin and Marcou are also gone as of today to the San Jose Sharks

Leave a comment:

• HATSOFF
    replied

It has been long rumored that he would be gone. If he had kept up the level of play from the beginning of the year, most would be angry.

It seems clear he made his decision in January when he started to play for his future not for his team.

Leave a comment:

• Eaglefan06
    replied

What are you guys thoughts on Wellman leaving for the NHL? Expected? Surprised? Happy? Angry?

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/?i=pmoves2010

Leave a comment:

• umassfan49
    replied

Originally posted by Bullmoose View Post
    Well, from what I heard (I wasn't at the game), Massachusettes would've looked more respectable against the Eagles than the other team on ice at Mullins last Friday...

Water under the bridge though, focus on Northeastern this weekend...
    A home and home with Northeastern and the week after a home and home with Merrimack. That includes a trip to Lawler. Kill me now!

Leave a comment:

• Bullmoose
    replied

Originally posted by MinutemanFan View Post
    Massachusettes?
    Well, from what I heard (I wasn't at the game), Massachusettes would've looked more respectable against the Eagles than the other team on ice at Mullins last Friday...

Water under the bridge though, focus on Northeastern this weekend...

Leave a comment:

• mwade
    replied

Writer, not me, but I've fixed it. After staying up all night, I didn't notice it when adding the gallery.

Leave a comment:

• MinutemanFan
    replied

Originally posted by mwade View Post
    In the title:

Massachusettes?

Leave a comment:

• mwade
    replied

Gallery added to recap - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/m/02/05/bc-uma.php

Leave a comment:

• DaveDan
    replied

UMass has been turning more than a few heads this year. Apparently the NHL has taken note of Wellman in particular. Per Kyle Woodlief of Redline report:

"It's that time of the season when NHL clubs are starting to zone in on U.S. college free agents who will be available to sign once the college season ends in about 2½ months. We've been following a few of the top free agents, and one in particular has caught our fancy.

UMass-Amherst sniper Casey Wellman has potted 17 goals in 20 games to give him a share of the lead nationwide in goals. The 6-1, 185-pound right wing is only a sophomore (the fact that he's 22 years old and in his second year of college is another story altogether), but should be receiving plenty of offers this spring. Indications are he's ready to leave the classroom immediately if NHL clubs come calling.

The kid has excellent athletic genes as he's the son of former major league baseball infielder Brad Wellman. Casey has an NHL-caliber snap shot and slap shot with very good accuracy. He has great speed and quickness for a guy his size and uses it to beat defenders to the outside. He's also really good at finding the seams in the defense and getting open for his shot, and he's always at the ready with his stick on the ice for an immediate release."

Casey has certainly earned this notoriety - it is well earned - but as a college hockey fan I find it to be good-news / bad news.

Leave a comment:

• MinutemanFan
    replied

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    So what do you guys think? UVM is a fringe team--sitting at 10th in the PWR. Are they good enough to make the tourney? If they make it do they make it out of the regional?
    I think that they can make the tourney but its going to be in one of those lower spots. As far as making it out of the regional, I dunno. It is a typical answer but i think it really comes down to the matchups they get.

Leave a comment:

• Rox22
    replied

Boyle is struggling a bit this year in the AtlJHL, so I think the coaching staff is keeping their recruiting options open at goaltender. But overall I think Boyle is considered to be a better goaltender than Carr. Vienneau appers to be rated higher than either of them.

Thanks for reading FTT, ecacwatcher.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X