• Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass 09-10

Postgame Video from last night courtesy of Inside Hockey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYAxOE-trco

Comment

Figured I'd try to revive this.

It's pretty entertaining to go back read the posts from our beloved sister school considering who has the Alumni Cup .
      #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
        Figured I'd try to revive this.

It's pretty entertaining to go back read the posts from our beloved sister school considering who has the Alumni Cup .
        I enjoyed that sweep probably more than anyone but the team needs to focus on Vermont. Although they easily handled them earlier in the season, Vermont is still a good team. They have some guys who can really make an impact (Roloff, Irwin, Vock, etc). UMass needs to keep up their solid play and take points this weekend. The key is playing good defensively and getting quality shots on Madore, who has been shaky this season.
        Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
          The key is playing good defensively and getting quality shots on Madore, who has been shaky this season.
          Rob hasn't been shakey since November and has a 2 GAA with a 0.92sv% since the 7-1 loss to BC (last 7 starts) which with MC were his only 2 bad games.

You guys won't get any help from Madore.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Oh man, I have been watching our sister school's talks about the series as well. There is a lot of hate over there, and I would like to point out that those fans were such tools. Apparently there were numerous encounters after the game was over with lowell fans going at umass fans (one told me to "shut the ******* up you ********** dick", wow thats one way to take a loss i guess)

also the little children doing the chuck-a-puck pickup must be a huge liability issue that will bite them in the *** one day. (the chuck-a-puck winner only gets a UML prize pack, which must be super lame 50-50 is better)

and their oversized stuffed rooster riverrat thing is the dumbest mascott i have seen. I like that ours has a historical background to it at least.

Comment

Originally posted by surferben182 View Post

and their oversized stuffed rooster riverrat thing is the dumbest mascott i have seen. I like that ours has a historical background to it at least.
              Bananas the monkey from DU was pretty brutal.
              Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Oh man, I have been watching our sister school's talks about the series as well. There is a lot of hate over there, and I would like to point out that those fans were such tools. Apparently there were numerous encounters after the game was over with lowell fans going at umass fans (one told me to "shut the ******* up you ********** dick", wow thats one way to take a loss i guess)

also the little children doing the chuck-a-puck pickup must be a huge liability issue that will bite them in the *** one day. (the chuck-a-puck winner only gets a UML prize pack, which must be super lame 50-50 is better)

2 posts and your are in the red already? *** is with this board? (and i don't mean this thread or Umass)

Between school A with the God Complex.. feel free to guess which school as defined in the urban dictionary.

A psychosis based in uncontrolled narcissism, inflated arrogance and a perceived need to subjugate and/or ridicule other individuals deemed to be inferior or unworthy.

and school B's inferiority complex..

The perception that one is inferior compared to others. Usually developing from conflict between the desire to be noticed and the fear of being humiliated.

they both need serious help and might want to try socializing with... oh lets say ...real people...

anyway back to this weekends games I think UVM should be hoping for 3 points at best and a split if lucky. They are playing ok but I am hoping for a UMASS letdown after the UML series..I don't think it will happen but at this point everyone is stuck and something needs to give...

Comment

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
                  2 posts and your are in the red already? *** is with this board? (and i don't mean this thread or Umass)

Between school A with the God Complex.. feel free to guess which school as defined in the urban dictionary.

A psychosis based in uncontrolled narcissism, inflated arrogance and a perceived need to subjugate and/or ridicule other individuals deemed to be inferior or unworthy.

and school B's inferiority complex..

The perception that one is inferior compared to others. Usually developing from conflict between the desire to be noticed and the fear of being humiliated.

they both need serious help and might want to try socializing with... oh lets say ...real people...

anyway back to this weekends games I think UVM should be hoping for 3 points at best and a split if lucky. They are playing ok but I am hoping for a UMASS letdown after the UML series..I don't think it will happen but at this point everyone is stuck and something needs to give...
                  Que?
                  Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

What is the outlook from UMA for this weekend? Any Injuries ?

For UVM's part,

Madore is likely the starter for both games unless he gets shelled the first night. He has improved and although not at last year's performance level has steadied himself compared to the start of the season.

Offensively, Irwin and Milo are the top scorers. Each averaging over a PPG. Last weekend UVM split with NU, losing 3-1 before pummeling them 9-2. That has been the story line for this team, on or off.

Defensively, the OK has been good after a horrible start. I think maybe 40 of the last 44 or something, after running in the 70% area for the first few games. The issues plaguing UVM are defensive breakdowns 5 on 5, and at times a constant parade of the defense to the penalty box. This has improved to some extent but still a weakness.

Would love to hear any info on UMA. Good luck this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                      What is the outlook from UMA for this weekend? Any Injuries ?
                      Mike Lecomte is out a while with a broken foot. Chase Langeraap has missed the last few weeks but there's speculation he could return this weekend.
                      MASSACHUSETTS HOCKEY
                      NCAA Appearance: 2007
                      1972 Division II Champions

DII Playoffs : 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974

UMass Hockey Blog:
                      http://fearthetriangle.com/

Comment

On the vermont thread, theres talk about how our win against (#9 at the time) Yale doesnt mean anything because they have two teams and you dont know which team will show up that night. Last i checked, it was a crazy overtime win, and yale is still 17 on the PWR and 6 in the polls:

I don't see how they are coming up with that reaction.

Comment

On the vermont thread,
                          There's the problem.
                          Sons of old Massachusetts,
                          Devoted daughters true,
                          Bay State, old Bay State,
                          We'll give our best to you.

Comment

On the vermont thread, theres talk about how our win against (#9 at the time) Yale doesnt mean anything because they have two teams and you dont know which team will show up that night. Last i checked, it was a crazy overtime win, and yale is still 17 on the PWR and 6 in the polls:

I don't see how they are coming up with that reaction.
                            I don't think you are reading the thread. Or if you are, you haven't figured out who is who. Which with 3 posts is likely. Since you don't reference a post I am going on the assumption you are reading a BC posters post, likely Nick P. who has since last years NCAA railed that UVM's final four appearance wasn't legit because they beat AFA, and Yale. And, who discounts UVM's win over Yale this year, because they are Yale. You aren't reading UVM posters say UMA wins at Yale don't mean anything, at least I haven't and I have read the entire thread.

Not sure exactly what the two teams comment is refering too. I think you are confused as to which teams fan are posting what.

Comment

Solid start to the weekend. Thought it was gonna be all UMass after the early goal, but Vermont played tough for a while. The goal at the end of the 2nd was crucial. Great, quick game. Hopefully we were saving the true offense for tomorrow.
                              MARCOU = HOBEY

Comment

Originally posted by minutemen65 View Post
                                Solid start to the weekend. Thought it was gonna be all UMass after the early goal, but Vermont played tough for a while. The goal at the end of the 2nd was crucial. Great, quick game. Hopefully we were saving the true offense for tomorrow.
                                As someone who has been following UMass hockey for years, I have noticed that when the team scores very early in the game like tonight, they usually have trouble converting the rest of the game. Just an observation.
                                Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Working...
                                X