Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass 09-10

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Gotta say, I do enjoy the fact that the two HE teams that are in the Top 10 ... are both in the UMass system.

After looking at your schedule once the New Year comes around ... you need to take at least three points this weekend. Basically if you can get enough good results the remainder of this calendar year, it might help carry you in 2010. 11 of 17 games on the road after the year end. That's rough.
    Your right. This is the time UMass has to win games, especially against UNH, who is off to a rough start. Like I said before, this isn't the time we want UNH to come out of their slump, especially in our building. UMass always has a second-half collapse, like in 07-08 when they were #5 in the country, were swept by none other than the Wildcats, and ended up finishing 8th in hockey east. That was quite embarrassing to say the least.
    Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
      as a noteworthy and excellent writer, i can tell you that your spelling ("doosh?" really?) hurts my feelings more than the intent of your words
      If you are gonna spell the word "******," you might as well have the correct spelling.
      Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

JustinD - I did not notice Parker tonight at the Indiana Ice game so I do not know if he was not playing, or just did not stand out. If I go tomorrow night I will watch for him and post an update.

Comment

Big win tonight against the cats!!! Go Umass

Comment

Originally posted by CarlS View Post
            JustinD - I did not notice Parker tonight at the Indiana Ice game so I do not know if he was not playing, or just did not stand out. If I go tomorrow night I will watch for him and post an update.
            Thanks.
            It's easy to root for a winner...

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
              If you are gonna spell the word "******," you might as well have the correct spelling.
              Thank you for pointing out the obvious to the terminally stupid ..saved me the trouble of having to reply to him

Comment

These next three games will be a challenge for us as all are away and the next home game isnt until december 4th vs BC. Yale is in the top ten and vermont is batting .500 in overall and HE play with one tie also. theres no push overs for these next three road games and quinnipiac is on top of ECAC. the only team out of these three that ive seen play is vermont...any comments folks?
                I think Jimmy would beat my dog in a "keeping your tongue out the longest" competition

Comment

Originally posted by mullinsmaniac 13 View Post
                  These next three games will be a challenge for us as all are away and the next home game isnt until december 4th vs BC. Yale is in the top ten and vermont is batting .500 in overall and HE play with one tie also. theres no push overs for these next three road games and quinnipiac is on top of ECAC. the only team out of these three that ive seen play is vermont...any comments folks?
                  I think that I would be happy with 3-2 or even 2-2-1 given that the next 5 (4 on the road) are against ranked teams.

We'll know a lot more about this team after the UML game on the 5th. And actually after that is only one more game before the crappy holiday tournament...at home (thank god) against MC. If this team is 10-5 (at least 5-4 in HE) going into the tournament season, I'll probably be satisfied. But then the real work starts.
                  It's easy to root for a winner...

Comment

A goalie who visited UMA last weekend http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2178734.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
                      Thank you for pointing out the obvious to the terminally stupid ..saved me the trouble of having to reply to him
                      I'm pretty sure that was actually a shot at you. Wow.
                      Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      A goalie who visited UMA last weekend http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2178734.
                      I'm kinda curious as to how hard Lowell and/or Amherst are recruiting Carr (nothing against the kid).

I know Lowell already has two goaltenders coming in next year (one a returning soph, the other a freshman) ... and so Carr would be the third. They also have a commitment from a pretty highly thought of goalie for 2012 already, which would mean four keepers on the roster that year (if all of them stay), which I don't believe Lowell's done before.

Looking at the UMass roster, Carr would be your fourth goalie on the roster? I know most teams don't have that many.

We have a kid on our roster (Mike Heffron) who basically is the emergency third goalkeeper (as far as I know) and I don't expect him back next year. Do you guys have the same type of situation?
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        I know Lowell already has two goaltenders coming in next year (one a returning soph, the other a freshman) ... and so Carr would be the third. They also have a commitment from a pretty highly thought of goalie for 2012 already, which would mean four keepers on the roster that year (if all of them stay), which I don't believe Lowell's done before.

Looking at the UMass roster, Carr would be your fourth goalie on the roster? I know most teams don't have that many.

We have a kid on our roster (Mike Heffron) who basically is the emergency third goalkeeper (as far as I know) and I don't expect him back next year. Do you guys have the same type of situation?
                        Kevin Moore hasn't dressed all year and was basically an emergency signing last year after the baseball team wanted Matt Gedman to concentrate on that sport. But so far this year Randy Wolcott has been the only other goalie dressed that I've noticed even when Meyers was out.

My guess is that Carr is being recruited to compete with Wolcott for backup position to Dainton next year and most likely in the years after as Kevin Boyle appears to be a higher level prospect and projected starter when he comes to Amherst.

I caught that Carr article as well and was able to find some info and links about him and get it on my my morning blog if you're interested:
                        http://fearthetriangle.wordpress.com...alumni-update/
                        MASSACHUSETTS HOCKEY
                        NCAA Appearance: 2007
                        1972 Division II Champions

DII Playoffs : 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974

UMass Hockey Blog:
                        http://fearthetriangle.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Rox22 View Post
                          Kevin Moore hasn't dressed all year and was basically an emergency signing last year after the baseball team wanted Matt Gedman to concentrate on that sport. But so far this year Randy Wolcott has been the only other goalie dressed that I've noticed even when Meyers was out.
                          So it's the same situation with Heffron. Makes sense.
                          My guess is that Carr is being recruited to compete with Wolcott for backup position to Dainton next year and most likely in the years after as Kevin Boyle appears to be a higher level prospect and projected starter when he comes to Amherst.
                          And I get the feeling Lowell's doing the same with Carr, as they've got Massie (sophomore) and Boulanger (freshman) coming in next year, along with Eiserman in 2012. That technically could leave the team with four goalies in 2012...
                          I caught that Carr article as well and was able to find some info and links about him and get it on my my morning blog if you're interested:
                          http://fearthetriangle.wordpress.com...alumni-update/
                          Saw that earlier. Great job with the blog BTW.
                          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Thanks regarding the blog.

I noticed Heisenberg's site says Massie is coming back as a junior but this must be a mistake right? If he has five years to play four it would seem that he'd be have three more which is what you seem to think as well?

Eisermann seems like a great pickup from everything I've read.
                            MASSACHUSETTS HOCKEY
                            NCAA Appearance: 2007
                            1972 Division II Champions

DII Playoffs : 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974

UMass Hockey Blog:
                            http://fearthetriangle.com/

Comment

Thanks regarding the blog.

I noticed Heisenberg's site says Massie is coming back as a junior but this must be a mistake right? If he has five years to play four it would seem that he'd be have three more which is what you seem to think as well?

Eisermann seems like a great pickup from everything I've read.
                              I can't see how Massie would be a junior. He played one semester, so that year would count against him. He comes back with three years of eligibility left, as far as I can tell anyway.

We had a feeling Eiserman would follow his brother to Lowell (William Eiserman is entering in September of 2011). From everything I've heard (including the USHR report) this seems like a huge get for Lowell.
                              Monty

Comment

Awesome win tonight. 8-2 is pretty good. Let's hope it continues.
                                #NewMass

Comment

Working...
                                X