• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass 09-10

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
    I should have kept my big mouth shut.
    ****, you beat me to it.

Hopefully the team learned the lesson that you have to be ready to play when the puck drops. If they're going to take entire periods off then we'll be seeing the same results as the last few years.
    MASSACHUSETTS HOCKEY
    NCAA Appearance: 2007
    1972 Division II Champions

DII Playoffs : 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974

UMass Hockey Blog:
    http://fearthetriangle.com/

Comment

very true statements both of u...idk bout niagara being a certain...they are 0-4
      I think Jimmy would beat my dog in a "keeping your tongue out the longest" competition

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
        Here comes another split next weekend. UMass will in no way win at Niagara.
        I'm up for objectivity, but this seems a bit extreme. Niagara is certainly a decent team, even though they're 0-4-1, they lost twice in OT, and only once by more than one goal.

If UMass thinks this is a gimmie, then they're in trouble, but this team is capable and should take 4 points from the Purple Eagles. I hope ( ) that what we saw in the second half of the game saturday was UMass recognizing the need to play for the full 60.

I guess we'll see.
        It's easy to root for a winner...

Comment

[QUOTE=justinD;4438406] but this team is capable and should take 4 points from the Purple Eagles. I hope ( ) that what we saw in the second half of the game saturday was UMass recognizing the need to play for the full 60.
          QUOTE]

Yes they are very capable and thats what baffles me is that the first three games they came out firing, with a good intensity. These two games vs PC they were not the same team and decided to turn it on in the third period. Thats just too late and they were lucky to even win at PC friday...they can beat niagara twice if they come out strong to start...we'll see
          I think Jimmy would beat my dog in a "keeping your tongue out the longest" competition

Comment

Originally posted by mullinsmaniac 13 View Post

Yes they are very capable and thats what baffles me is that the first three games they came out firing, with a good intensity. These two games vs PC they were not the same team and decided to turn it on in the third period. Thats just too late and they were lucky to even win at PC friday...they can beat niagara twice if they come out strong to start...we'll see
            I agree that they need to focus on playing all 60 minutes of hockey, and not just lapse until the second half. There is no doubt in my mind that they will come out flying against Niagara in the opening, but they need to keep that intensity in the end. I'm thinking that Friday night should certainly be a win, as Niagara has yet to win a game, and Mullins is certainly a tough place to play with the larger ice surface, the crowd, etc. Going to Niagara will be tough for UMass to adjust as it is a smaller rink, and as I said before, Niagara is a solid team. There record might not dictate exactly how good they are, and Avermenko is certainly solid and looks to have filled the role left behind by Pagliero. Key is for UMass to play hard in each game, and not give up until the final whistle. If they do that, we are looking at 2 Ws. If not, the Purple Eagles at least have one win.
            Last edited by umassfan49; 11-01-2009, 09:38 PM.
            Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

What he said ^^^ lol...and i know this is random but i was wondering whats the name of the sweet techno/dance song that they warm up too...if u know any during the warmups just shout em out...not during their entrance or faceoff ik those ones...thanks

Comment

What he said ^^^ lol...and i know this is random but i was wondering whats the name of the sweet techno/dance song that they warm up too...if u know any during the warmups just shout em out...not during their entrance or faceoff ik those ones...thanks
                never doubt my umass knowledge. wish i could give myself positive rep for most of my posts.
                Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

The one they come out to from the locker rooms that UNH stole? It's called "The Funeral" by the D-Devils. It's on a podcast on itunes for free...or at least it was a year ago when I last checked.

If you mean the one for introductions it's called "Battle Without Honor or Humanity", and it's by some band whose name is written in foreign characters. (Japanese? I'm very ignorant when it comes to Asian languages). It's on the Kill Bill Soundtrack.
                  #NewMass

Comment

The one they come out to from the locker rooms that UNH stole? It's called "The Funeral" by the D-Devils. It's on a podcast on itunes for free...or at least it was a year ago when I last checked.

If you mean the one for introductions it's called "Battle Without Honor or Humanity", and it's by some band whose name is written in foreign characters. (Japanese? I'm very ignorant when it comes to Asian languages). It's on the Kill Bill Soundtrack.
                    actually "the funeral" is by plasmic honey, but is okay.
                    Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

haha thanks guys but its the song that plays during their warm ups, no one really knows the name ive asked around, its the song right before empire state of mind by jay z

Comment

This must be a cover then...

http://www.imeem.com/people/KcAOIWM/...ic-techno-mp3/
                        #NewMass

Comment

thats the right version, but its def. by plasmic honey. and also id like to add GO UMASS..since this is my 400th official post!
                          Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

So, yeah. I guess the umasshoops board is down?
                            #NewMass

Comment

So, yeah. I guess the umasshoops board is down?
                              the site is currently down, there might be a bandwith issue. i have tried registering with about 1000 different names and each one gets denied, this was a few weeks ago so i have suspected something has been wrong. read mark's recent post about it, he said it might be permenant he doesn't know.
                              Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

I hope it's not permanent. If so, there goes my favorite thing about the internet...
                                #NewMass

Comment

Working...
                                X