Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass 09-10

Originally posted by mullinsmaniac 13 View Post
    honestly... i dont even know wat to say right now...sooo lowell lost to bu tonight...predicted that and the umass win...so much for me not knowing anything...please talk now

word of advice... just because i just signed up here and made a few controversial statements doesnt mean i dont know anything about hockey
    both of those games were pure luck man. that was certainly providence's game to lose as they controlled the play most of the way in the third and took a dumb penalty which caused umass to win. dainton once again stood on his head, without him the friars run away with that game easily. as for lowell, that game went back and forth the entire game, and once again, the team who seemed to be controlling the game after battling back (lowell) lost the lead late and suffered an L. Look for PC to come out flying tomorrow at the Mullins Center to avoid the sweep, I don't think this is going be an easy win for UMass at all. If UMass cant dictate the play early, the Friars will walk out with a win. Also, I am predicting a Lowell win tomorrow.
    Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

yes im very excited for tomorrows game...i predict 3-2 UMass, itll be hard fought
      I think Jimmy would beat my dog in a "keeping your tongue out the longest" competition

Comment

My synopsis of the game is thus:

PC needs to stay the hell out of the box.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Good job by UMass keeping up the pressure and making hay when PC left the door open due to their taking stupid penalties.
          To be clear, I'm NOT saying that PC lost because they beat themselves. I'm saying that you can't shoot yourself in the foot when playing a quality opponent, especially in HE games. Guys taking dumb penalties (too many men etc) is putting your team in a hole. Nice win for the Minutemen. It will be interesting to see how this years Friars respond at the Mullins Center.
          Tonight should also be a great game.

Comment

honestly... i dont even know wat to say right now...sooo lowell lost to bu tonight...predicted that and the umass win...so much for me not knowing anything...please talk now

word of advice... just because i just signed up here and made a few controversial statements doesnt mean i dont know anything about hockey
            1. Granted, you were right. However, in my opinion, Lowell isn't the enemy. Read UMLGoon's blog post about it. We (Lowell, MC, NU, PC, VT, UMass) shouldn't be fighting with each other, and should be rallying around each other when one of us takes on one of them (BC, BU, ME, NH). Go Lowell and go Merrimack!

2. I appreciate your obvious love for the team, but keep in mind this is only October. Also keep in mind the series with Providence is only half way done. Winning game one, while nice, is no where near close to the goal, or at least the goal I set and frankly that's the only goal I think the team should have.
            #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
              1. Granted, you were right. However, in my opinion, Lowell isn't the enemy. Read UMLGoon's blog post about it. We (Lowell, MC, NU, PC, VT, UMass) shouldn't be fighting with each other, and should be rallying around each other when one of us takes on one of them (BC, BU, ME, NH). Go Lowell and go Merrimack!

2. I appreciate your obvious love for the team, but keep in mind this is only October. Also keep in mind the series with Providence is only half way done. Winning game one, while nice, is no where near close to the goal, or at least the goal I set and frankly that's the only goal I think the team should have.
              Sorry, I just can't bring myself to rally for Vermont.
              Sons of old Massachusetts,
              Devoted daughters true,
              Bay State, old Bay State,
              We'll give our best to you.

Comment

agreed...simply
                I think Jimmy would beat my dog in a "keeping your tongue out the longest" competition

Comment

If 2 out of 3 isn't bad, I'd say 5 out of 6 is pretty good.
                  #NewMass

Comment

tough loss tonight 2-1...very sloppy passing and puck-handling by UMass. Even though Irwin scored the only goal for us, 8th consecutive game of scoring, his play was pretty slow and sloppy as well. The fire wasnt lit till the third quarter where we scored a goal around 2:00. Too late though...especially with Beaudry on top of his game. About ten more shots on goal than PC, but not many were good ones. Too much candy before the game boys...???

Comment

• Re: UMass 09-10

The fire wasnt lit till the third quarter where we scored a goal around 2:00. Too
                      FAIL!
                      Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                        FAIL!
                        lol indeed...its been one of those days

Comment

lol indeed...its been one of those days
                          i would have to agree. pc comes out flying and is backstopped to a win by the amazing play of beaudry. football probably just loss a chance at the playoffs losing to maine of all teams..terrible.
                          Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                            I might not end up being right with my expectations, but we now know that you were wrong. I truly hope you get half credit though.
                            I should have kept my big mouth shut.
                            #NewMass

Comment

Bad day for UMass athletics...looking forward to next week vs. Niagara. We'll see if UMass got the kick in the *** they needed...very unexpected split this weekend where the away team wins the game.

Comment

Bad day for UMass athletics...looking forward to next week vs. Niagara. We'll see if UMass got the kick in the *** they needed...very unexpected split this weekend where the away team wins the game.
                                Here comes another split next weekend. UMass will in no way win at Niagara. Niagara has played well in some games, and almost beat Michigan at Yost, falling 3-2. Adam Avermenko has looked well in net thus far, and if UMass doesn't wake up from this they will certainly be a victim of his.
                                Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Working...
                                X