Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass 09-10

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
    I guess if we split then it's more important to win game 2. Gotta keep the belts.
    UMass will be lucky to get one win this weekend let alone two. HA!!!
    I have flamed you. Now you all can respond to my flame, if you aren't feeling to shamed and hurt by said flame.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      YES!
      More incentive!!!
      Good one Jon. Show no mercy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
        I have flamed you. Now you all can respond to my flame, if you aren't feeling to shamed and hurt by said flame.
        Yes, that is the way of the intertubes!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

just dropping by some knowledge, looks like Umass will be playing @ Wisconsin for reg season game next year:

"Alabama-Huntsville, projected to be an NCAA Division I independent in 2010-11, and Massachusetts, a consistent second-division club in Hockey East, will play series here next season."

link:
          http://host.madison.com/sports/colum...cc4c002e0.html

see all you mullins maniacs later in the season.
          Arenas Attended
          Matthews Arena
          Agganis Arena
          Tsongas Arena
          Lawler Arena
          Schneider Arena
          Mullins Center
          TD Banknorth Garden
          Conte Forum
          Whittemore Center
          Gutterson Fieldhouse
          Alfond Arena
          Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
            how long have you followed umass? there are always on the receiving end of these hits. some examples are anderson breaking his leg at unh, and mauldin behind sent off the ice at lowell, i witnessed both. nolet got a 5 minute penalty for the hit on shemansky, and schaus wasn't penalized because it was clean play. like i said before, don't be the typical student-fan who knows nothing about the hockey team except the goal cheers, let's be a little more attentive.
            sarcasm my friend... and without sarcasm for this statement...yes i understand wat ur saying. im just makin a few jokes here and there and its taken so seriously. dont forget my whole intent of this thread was to talk about thoughts on this years team and people just took it too far with provoking me, obviously being a TRUE fan i am goin to stand up for our guys. and no i wouldnt group me with typical fans that cheer and jeer, yes i tag along with the funny cheers but im much more interested in the actual aesthetics/technicalities of the game.

As for tonight, I'm excited guys... wish I could make it there but it looks like I will be looking on my computer screen at sloppy gamecast updates
            I think Jimmy would beat my dog in a "keeping your tongue out the longest" competition

Comment

sounds unlikly to me, why do that

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                You, my friend, are an excellent flamer. I have no retort which could compete with this.

edit:
                Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
                just dropping by some knowledge, looks like Umass will be playing @ Wisconsin for reg season game next year:

"Alabama-Huntsville, projected to be an NCAA Division I independent in 2010-11, and Massachusetts, a consistent second-division club in Hockey East, will play series here next season."

link:

Did they really call UMass consistent? Clearly, they have not watched this team at all, unless of course they mean consistently inconsistent.
                Last edited by jjmc85; 10-30-2009, 12:34 PM.
                #NewMass

Comment

Did they really call UMass consistent? Clearly, they have not watched this team at all, unless of course they mean consistently inconsistent.
                  Unfortunately, that now describes Merrimack, PC, NU, UML, UVM, and post 2007 Maine as well.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    Unfortunately, that now describes Merrimack, PC, NU, UML, UVM, and post 2007 Maine as well.
                    Post 2007 Maine is very consistent.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

UMass 5 PC 3... Not much else to say to you guys
                      I think Jimmy would beat my dog in a "keeping your tongue out the longest" competition

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post

link:

Odd, I had heard that UMass would be out there for the Badger Classic instead of a series. But thanks for the link.
                        MASSACHUSETTS HOCKEY
                        NCAA Appearance: 2007
                        1972 Division II Champions

DII Playoffs : 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974

UMass Hockey Blog:
                        http://fearthetriangle.com/

Comment

Good win tonight for UMass. I thought they looked pretty good on the powerplay, and got some great scoring chances late, which they capitalized on. Dainton played pretty well, but UMass seemed to allow PC a lot of room to work it around on the PP. This is something they must improve or good teams will punish them.
                          Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                            your joking right? id be happy with just 2 points this weekend. ive seen countless games at pc, and umass always finds a way to lose. it isn't going to be easy for them to play on a smaller rink, especially after providence has just came off a road sweep and has some momentum, not to mention they are at home on friday. lets also key in on my earlier comment that umass has won like only 3 out of the last 12 or so at pc. im predicting a split.

scores predictions
                            friday: PC 4, UMass 2
                            saturday: UMass 5, PC 2
                            I might not end up being right with my expectations, but we now know that you were wrong. I truly hope you get half credit though.
                            #NewMass

Comment

I might not end up being right with my expectations, but we now know that you were wrong. I truly hope you get half credit though.
                              yeah i was at least half-wrong thankfully. as soon as providence got that goal early in the 3rd i just stood there thinking "oh boy heres our first loss." luckily they bounced back and played well the last ten minutes, and once again dainton was the savior of the game in my opinion.
                              Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

honestly... i dont even know wat to say right now...sooo lowell lost to bu tonight...predicted that and the umass win...so much for me not knowing anything...please talk now

word of advice... just because i just signed up here and made a few controversial statements doesnt mean i dont know anything about hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X