Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass 09-10

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
    technically, no. schaus' hit was certainly better because it was open-ice and at pretty much full speed. nolet's hit was basically a hard shove where a kid lost his balance and did more damage to himself falling into the boards and folding over.
    looks like weve got a UML fan in disguise...
    I think Jimmy would beat my dog in a "keeping your tongue out the longest" competition

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
      I'm amazed Marcou even knows where he is after Schaus nearly killed him last year on an excellent open ice hit.
      Well, we agree on one thing. Marcou is pretty amazing.

Attempt number 2 from the Lowell Faithful to bring this up. Certainly, it is better then the last guy's, but I don't think you tried as hard as he did. I look forward to reading attempt 3. It'll probably come in oh, I don't know, 3 posts or so.
      #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by mullinsmaniac 13 View Post
        looks like weve got a UML fan in disguise...
        how long have you followed umass? there are always on the receiving end of these hits. some examples are anderson breaking his leg at unh, and mauldin behind sent off the ice at lowell, i witnessed both. nolet got a 5 minute penalty for the hit on shemansky, and schaus wasn't penalized because it was clean play. like i said before, don't be the typical student-fan who knows nothing about the hockey team except the goal cheers, let's be a little more attentive.
        Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
          Take it from me, someone who's been following UMass since the rebirth of the program, they ALWAYS have a letdown at some point. Don't let this good start fool you. There IS going to be a time this season where UMass collapses, usually around Christmas, but losing to weaker teams early always happens. Only time they were able to get over this letdown was 06-07, and that was probably because Jon Quick stood on his head daily. PC is certainly better than last year, adding Alex Beaudry late in the year certainly gave them a few points, including a W at the Mullins Center.

As for what road games UMass will win, id say very few. UMass has always been a team who does pretty well at home, but often struggles on the road, especially in buildings with small ice surfaces. They have played well at Northeastern the last few visits so expect a win there this year, and they certainly will pull out a few more. But honestly, your def. smoking some real good stuff if you think UMass is expected to take 4 pts this weekend. I'm not saying it can't happen, but its very unlikely. I think if someone is taking 4 pts its the Friars, and that really would not surprise me either.

PC off to it's best start in what, 5 seasons or so? Good for the Friars! Can go either way this weekend. UMass with this makeup does struggle in the smaller arenas. That said, they swept PC a year ago this weekend. Should be a great series.

Comment

Originally posted by laurie View Post
            PC off to it's best start in what, 5 seasons or so? Good for the Friars! Can go either way this weekend. UMass with this makeup does struggle in the smaller arenas. That said, they swept PC a year ago this weekend. Should be a great series.
            keep in mind last year pc was still trying to find itself in net with the loss of tyler sims. beaudry didnt come to campus until 2nd semester i believe, and started of winning his first 3 or so games and really gave the friars a defensive boost. he looked well at the mullins last year, so he should be even better this weekend at home.
            Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
              I'm amazed Marcou even knows where he is after Schaus nearly killed him last year on an excellent open ice hit.
              One of the few good legals ones I'm guessing? He's has been the leader in penalties for Lowell the last 3 years. How many games has he cost the team?

Comment

One of the few good legals ones I'm guessing? He's has been the leader in penalties for Lowell the last 3 years. How many games has he cost the team?
                obv not as many as crowder did taking dumb penalties or steve jacobs back in the day.
                Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Neither logged as many minutes so my guess is they didn't.

Comment

Neither logged as many minutes so my guess is they didn't.
                    It doesn't matter about how many minutes they logged, its about when. Jacobs takes a dumb retalation penalty against Maine in the hockey east finals in 04, which results in maine's only regulation goal. And you've got to be kidding if you can't recall all the times UMass gave up PP goals when Crowder or Alex Berry were in the box.
                    Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

I would take another Alex Berry any time.
                      #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                        I would take another Alex Berry any time.
                        Maybe for his shot and somewhat creative offensive style, but for his since i can't catch you i might as well trip you style defense, good riddance he is gone.
                        Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                          lalalala can't hear you with the championship belt around my head lalalala
                          Don't lose it to PC.

Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            Don't lose it to PC.

YES!
                            More incentive!!!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              YES!
                              More incentive!!!
                              The Alliance lives!

On a more serious note ... I've been impressed by both UMass and PC so far. I expected them both to be in the bottom half of HE, but they both look rather competitive (albeit ... it's early).

Hell, all of HE looks competitive so far... except for Timmy's team up in Maine.
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                Don't lose it to PC.

I guess if we split then it's more important to win game 2. Gotta keep the belts.
                                #NewMass

Comment

Working...
                                X