Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass 09-10

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    (which I go to often, because I love watching Lowell humiliate Amherst on the ice)
    Well your team is behind the curve. UMass has a .349 win % (112-224-36) since joining Hockey East in 1994. UMass has .400 win % vs. Lowell (15-24-6) in that same time.

To humiliate, the rules say UMass can't have a higher win % against your team then their overall win %.

Comment

Originally posted by laurie View Post
      Well your team is behind the curve. UMass has a .349 win % (112-224-36) since joining Hockey East in 1994. UMass has .400 win % vs. Lowell (15-24-6) in that same time.

To humiliate, the rules say UMass can't have a higher win % against your team then their overall win %.

When you average 1 win per season against a team you play 3 times per season, you've been humiliated.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
        I haven't seen Providence play this year, so maybe they are much better than last year. If so, I'm wrong to expect 4 points. But let me ask you this-if UMass isn't able to beat Providence on the road, what conference road games will they win?
        PC is not the same team as last year. IMO any team that puts up 8 on the road at a CCHA barn (yes it was the Merrimack of the CCHA) but a road game none the less is not a pushover team. Anything over 3 points is great this weekend, but I think we are looking at a split as well, and thats not the worst thing in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          When you average 1 win per season against a team you play 3 times per season, you've been humiliated.
          But if u win two out of three u humiliate the other team? i dont see the logic behind that. I'm glad we've attracted the ever so entertaining Lowell fans. I just read the mobile uscho news on my phone and article appears which i cant seem to find here.

It talks about lowell playing bu back to back this weekend but also mentions umass and how marcou leads the nation with 2.7 ppg. The minutemen offense is also 3rd in the nation with 4 gpg and powerplay is at 29.2% which is 4th in the nation. Once again, this is a great start to THIS season. Looking forward to more of this play tomorrow night! Its almost friday... and its halloween night at mullins on saturday. ill try to sit as far away from the upper sections to avoid getting candy regurgitated on my head by the drunk "fans".
          I think Jimmy would beat my dog in a "keeping your tongue out the longest" competition

Comment

My hopeful and possibly farstretched prediction for tomorrow is UM 3 PC 2...I can see this happening if they keep up their play. Saturday is a win... I say UM 4 PC 2
            I think Jimmy would beat my dog in a "keeping your tongue out the longest" competition

Comment

Originally posted by mullinsmaniac 13 View Post
              But if u win two out of three u humiliate the other team? i dont see the logic behind that. I'm glad we've attracted the ever so entertaining Lowell fans. I just read the mobile uscho news on my phone and article appears which i cant seem to find here.

It talks about lowell playing bu back to back this weekend but also mentions umass and how marcou leads the nation with 2.7 ppg. The minutemen offense is also 3rd in the nation with 4 gpg and powerplay is at 29.2% which is 4th in the nation. Once again, this is a great start to THIS season. Looking forward to more of this play tomorrow night! Its almost friday... and its halloween night at mullins on saturday. ill try to sit as far away from the upper sections to avoid getting candy regurgitated on my head by the drunk "fans".
              I'm amazed Marcou even knows where he is after Schaus nearly killed him last year on an excellent open ice hit.

Do you even know where the students are at Mullins? If you want to avoid them you should sit in the upper deck.
              Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                Do you even know where the students are at Mullins? If you want to avoid them you should sit in the upper deck.
                Umm... the students have been filling most of the student section up to the last row recently as long as school is in session.

Comment

remember when amherst started 4-1-1 last year and everyone lost their minds over how good they were gonna be? yeah, they won eight games after christmas. umass amherst is and always was a first-half team.

Comment

But if u win two out of three u humiliate the other team? i dont see the logic behind that.
                    You can't do math either.

UMass 15 wins out of 45 = 1 win out of 3.
                    UML 24 wins out of 45 = 1.6 wins out of 3.
                    There was also 6 ties.

UML wins a little more than half their games against UMass. That's pretty good, but not humiliation.

UMass wins 1 out of every 3 games against UML over a 15 year span. That's getting humiliated.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                      I'm amazed Marcou even knows where he is after Schaus nearly killed him last year on an excellent open ice hit.

Well he seems to have bounced back pretty strong my friend.... PS Schaus' hit is getting kinda old. Ask around about Nolet's hit on UMaine's Shemansky last week. Stretcher please....!

Comment

There was also 6 ties.

UML wins a little more than half their games against UMass. That's pretty good, but not humiliation.

UMass wins 1 out of every 3 games against UML over a 15 year span. That's getting humiliated.
                        lol now that u explained a little more clearly i see what your saying but i wouldnt consider that humiliation. i dont find a 15-24-6 record a humiliation.

looking at the past five years i see that in terms of just wins and losses (not looking at ties) UMass was 79-82 whereas UML was 68-90. It may not be as important to me as it is to u when it comes to beating you guys, whats more important to me and i think anybody is the end of the year. and yes umass has struggled with that and thats what im looking forward to, is how healthy they stay towards the end of this season. if they do stay healthy and maintain consistency, i feel they have a good chance of going somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                          Am I misguided or even wrong? Perhaps. Am I drinking UMass Kool-Aide because I'm a sucker and have been tricked by a 3-0 start? Most definitely. But I'm not joking. 4 points.

Last year UMass didn't seem to care about past results in Providence, as they won 5-1. Therefore, I don't care about what a house of horror it has been either. I haven't seen Providence play this year, so maybe they are much better than last year. If so, I'm wrong to expect 4 points. But let me ask you this-if UMass isn't able to beat Providence on the road, what conference road games will they win?
                          Take it from me, someone who's been following UMass since the rebirth of the program, they ALWAYS have a letdown at some point. Don't let this good start fool you. There IS going to be a time this season where UMass collapses, usually around Christmas, but losing to weaker teams early always happens. Only time they were able to get over this letdown was 06-07, and that was probably because Jon Quick stood on his head daily. PC is certainly better than last year, adding Alex Beaudry late in the year certainly gave them a few points, including a W at the Mullins Center.

As for what road games UMass will win, id say very few. UMass has always been a team who does pretty well at home, but often struggles on the road, especially in buildings with small ice surfaces. They have played well at Northeastern the last few visits so expect a win there this year, and they certainly will pull out a few more. But honestly, your def. smoking some real good stuff if you think UMass is expected to take 4 pts this weekend. I'm not saying it can't happen, but its very unlikely. I think if someone is taking 4 pts its the Friars, and that really would not surprise me either.
                          Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Well he seems to have bounced back pretty strong my friend.... PS Schaus' hit is getting kinda old. Ask around about Nolet's hit on UMaine's Shemansky last week. Stretcher please....!
                            Was the Nolet hit legal?

Comment

There was also 6 ties.

lalalala can't hear you with the championship belt around my head lalalala
                              Sons of old Massachusetts,
                              Devoted daughters true,
                              Bay State, old Bay State,
                              We'll give our best to you.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                Was the Nolet hit legal?
                                technically, no. schaus' hit was certainly better because it was open-ice and at pretty much full speed. nolet's hit was basically a hard shove where a kid lost his balance and did more damage to himself falling into the boards and folding over.
                                Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Working...
                                X