X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass 09-10

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    And humble. Don't forget humble.

PC91- The scary thing is, I'll take PC's record at Mullins over their records at the Whitt and Conte...

Comment

ahh folks i think we've gotten the wrong impression of my intent here. in no way can i say for certain what will come of this years team. obviously. and its also true that i have nowhere near as many facts as such staunch veterans such as you would. But simply from these past three games, I am taking as much as I see from the players and im making as good of an analysis as possible.

A win at providence would impress me but it wouldnt shock me either. Ill take it game by game. I wish there was a live stream if anyone knows about it.

As for being a fan that just jeers and yells, that is completely opposite of me as I actually care about each play up and down the ice.
      I think Jimmy would beat my dog in a "keeping your tongue out the longest" competition

Comment

Ahh, good to be back...new year, new name, and almost the same team.

I'm currently liking the way we look; our power play looks and feels better than last years team, and it's quite nice to get some power play goals for once. Marcou has played absolutely lights out, and when you have some good looking guys like a healthy Irwin and a new Carzo you tend to have your options. I'm looking forward to seeing if he can get a Hobey tracker on him later in the season if he keeps playing like this (3 games, 8 points, not too shabby). Mullins is rockin this year, granted most are drunk and don't even know a puck from a cheeseburger (guess that makes 1 of me in section S)...7th overall in national attendance can still make it a pretty tough place to play.

So in all honesty, we've started off well per usual, and hopefully it continues .

What I worry about probably the most on this team (other than crapping the bed later on in the season like so many other countless times) is that I worry about Daintons consistency. Granted yes he's played relatively well over the course of this season so far and has improved from last season, he's had to stand on his head a couple of times and made some wonderful saves, and I'm curious how long that is going to last.

I'll be at the game Saturday, but is anybody going to PC Friday? I'm currently in limbo pending my cash situation (stolen credit cards suck); if I find it, I will be there.
        Hey Buddy, Your Mother Called...
        U...MASS...U...MASS!
        NOLET: WANTED FOR MURDER

Comment

I'd love to go to pc friday but the class schedule is just not cooperating. im looking into a way to watch it cuz im almost certain it will not be televised here.
          Like i was telling my buddies, gogglesquad, its all about staying healthy and consistent. Those are the two most important things to keep up this good play.
          I think Jimmy would beat my dog in a "keeping your tongue out the longest" competition

Comment

I thought I could pick up something from this thread and one post into it someone starts ripping the thread starter.

The average age and IQ here about....16? I try to come back and each time.....

Comment

Originally posted by laurie View Post
              I thought I could pick up something from this thread and one post into it someone starts ripping the thread starter.

you get what you ask for when you make ridiculous statements.

Comment

Originally posted by laurie View Post

Couldn't agree with you more, but hey our sisters over there think they're all special now that they actually fill seats with the bandwagon students in the Tsongas nowadays. Last time I was over there I saw...maybe a quarter of 1 section filled up?

Back to hockey, mullinsmaniac I couldn't agree with you more, but the nice part this year is that we have a little bit of depth on the bench this year, and with Langeraap out for a little bit I'm at least comfortable with the fact that we can get different guys out there to do the job.
                Hey Buddy, Your Mother Called...
                U...MASS...U...MASS!
                NOLET: WANTED FOR MURDER

Comment

I'm setting the bar high this weekend. Four points or bust. I'd be disappointed with anything less. I'm sick and tired of beating the BUs of the world and then losing to Providences and Merrimacks. Hopefully the team is too and uses it for motivation.
                  #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                    I'm setting the bar high this weekend. Four points or bust. I'd be disappointed with anything less. I'm sick and tired of beating the BUs of the world and then losing to Providences and Merrimacks. Hopefully the team is too and uses it for motivation.
                    your joking right? id be happy with just 2 points this weekend. ive seen countless games at pc, and umass always finds a way to lose. it isn't going to be easy for them to play on a smaller rink, especially after providence has just came off a road sweep and has some momentum, not to mention they are at home on friday. lets also key in on my earlier comment that umass has won like only 3 out of the last 12 or so at pc. im predicting a split.

scores predictions
                    friday: PC 4, UMass 2
                    saturday: UMass 5, PC 2
                    Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by UMassGoggleSquad View Post
                      Couldn't agree with you more, but hey our sisters over there think they're all special now that they actually fill seats with the bandwagon students in the Tsongas nowadays. Last time I was over there I saw...maybe a quarter of 1 section filled up?
                      so wait, lowell has bandwagon students but you're better because yours are so drunk they can't decipher a puck from a cheeseburger? well that makes sense. nice to see a umass thread on here btw, glad you all decided to come out from your cave over at umasshoops.
                      time to write new history

Comment

UmassHoops (though I hate the association with bouncy ball) is not so much a cave as mountain top retreat. You have to admit some of the trolls over here sink pretty low... Maybe USCHO should invite the pinheads to return and get some life back into these debates?!

Occasionally one of our Frosh will come on over and bait the the trolls, but most of us just read and chuckle.
                        More Cowbell!

Comment

Originally posted by UMassGoggleSquad View Post
                          Couldn't agree with you more, but hey our sisters over there think they're all special because they've flat out dominated us since we entered Hockey East.
                          Fixed your post.

Also, if the last time you were there there was "a quarter of one section" filled up, you haven't been to Lowell for three years or so, which is great for us. The last time I was at the Mullins Center (which I go to often, because I love watching Lowell humiliate Amherst on the ice) I saw a group of knuckle-dragging know-nothings dropping f-bombs and setting things on fire on their way to the wicked sweet kegger.

Congrats on have a large population of "yeah-kid" idiots who go to hockey games. I'll stick with my student section. And the wins. Don't forget winning.
                          Lowell Forever
                          Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                            I'm sick and tired of beating the BUs of the world and then losing to Providences and Merrimacks.
                            Though Providence beat a team that beat BU, so they may not be as bad as you think. 3 points this weekend and I'll be content but something tells me we're looking at a split.
                            MASSACHUSETTS HOCKEY
                            NCAA Appearance: 2007
                            1972 Division II Champions

DII Playoffs : 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974

UMass Hockey Blog:
                            http://fearthetriangle.com/

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                              your joking right?
                              Am I misguided or even wrong? Perhaps. Am I drinking UMass Kool-Aide because I'm a sucker and have been tricked by a 3-0 start? Most definitely. But I'm not joking. 4 points.

Last year UMass didn't seem to care about past results in Providence, as they won 5-1. Therefore, I don't care about what a house of horror it has been either. I haven't seen Providence play this year, so maybe they are much better than last year. If so, I'm wrong to expect 4 points. But let me ask you this-if UMass isn't able to beat Providence on the road, what conference road games will they win?
                              #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                                you get what you ask for when you make ridiculous statements.

I'm trying, I'm back. Help me learn. What ridiculous statement did I make?

Comment

Working...
                                X