Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass 09-10

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
    Awesome win tonight. 8-2 is pretty good. Let's hope it continues.
    They were lucky to win. Maricic played very well for Yale, certainly better than Meyers. They had many chances not turn into goals, such as two breakaways by Syner that were saved and hit the post. Taking dumb penalties late hurt them, especially in the period where Yale got the PP goal, and then took the lead. UMass luckily battled back and got the win, but I think they lucked out tonight, especially against a good team.
    Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

UMass fans - was at the Indiana Ice game last night. When I went to see the Ice the first time I didn't notice Parker much during the game. Last night he should have been the first star for Indiana. Three assists on the four Ice goals. He played a very good game, really like his play on the shorthanded goal when he drew the defender to him and then laid it right out there to his teamate for the goal.

I'll keep watching him and letting you know.

Comment

Any update on possible goalie recruit Carr?

Comment

Added mini-game gallery to the recap - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/m/12/04/bc-uma.php

Great job on keeping up the noise level at the game (other than the chant at York) - my first time at Mullins for a UMass game (and at all since you hosted a Regional), definitely plan on making it out there again.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Going to be at the Merrimack game Saturday night. Where to eat/grab a drink before the game? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
              Going to be at the Merrimack game Saturday night. Where to eat/grab a drink before the game? Thanks in advance.

Well, since I moved out of the valley a few years back every UMass home game is essentially a road trip for me now. So where do I like to go before and after the games at the Mullins? If I’m in the mood for a good brewpub, I head to Amherst Brewing Company where they make excellent beer and have some very good pub food as well. I usually go for the irish stew in a bread bowl and a Two Sisters Imperial Stout. Rafters has been the standard for a place to meet before games but sadly their food quality and more importantly their beer selection has dropped considerably in recent years so the visits there are less frequent. But Rafters’ loss is the Hangar’s gain as they can boast a decent beer selection to go with the best wings ever, anywhere. I’ve built my tolerance up to where I can regularly get the 2nd hottest wings without a problem but I’ve still have further to go to work up to Afterburner. Located just south of the football stadium the Hangar has officially become my pregame hangout. Post game I like to head north of campus to the Harp, a little neighborhood place in North Amherst that a lot of folks still think of as Mike’s Westview. The owner, Harpo, is a big UMass hockey supporter and does a good job of offering some quality brews considering it’s a little hole in the wall place. The re-addition of a late night pizza menu makes the Harp as one of the places you’re guaranteed you can grab a bite to eat after the game. I also can never get enough of the great Celtic music they generally have playing there. But if you’re still hungry as you roll out of town no trip to Amherst is complete without a stop at Antonio’s right downtown, home to the best pizza in the world. I recommend the chicken and bacon, or the mac and cheese, or anything with potato on it. Ok, well everything’s good there, so you decide for yourself.

From Rocks22's blog.
              Sons of old Massachusetts,
              Devoted daughters true,
              Bay State, old Bay State,
              We'll give our best to you.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                  Added mini-game gallery to the recap - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/m/12/04/bc-uma.php

Great job on keeping up the noise level at the game (other than the chant at York) - my first time at Mullins for a UMass game (and at all since you hosted a Regional), definitely plan on making it out there again.

Thanks for posting the album. Your photo is the first time I've ever seen Meyers' new mask up close. Looks like he has some movie stuff on it. Goes nicely with his blog.
                  #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                    From Rocks22's blog.
                    Gotta put the link down buddy!

http://fearthetriangle.wordpress.com/road-trip/
                    It's easy to root for a winner...

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                      From Rocks22's blog.
                      Ugh, I need a better copy editor.
                      MASSACHUSETTS HOCKEY
                      NCAA Appearance: 2007
                      1972 Division II Champions

DII Playoffs : 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974

UMass Hockey Blog:
                      http://fearthetriangle.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ecacwatcher View Post
                        Any update on possible goalie recruit Carr?
                        He chose UMass Lowell.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

With UMass losing Carr to Lowell, any idea on plan B ?

Comment

With UMass losing Carr to Lowell, any idea on plan B ?
                            UMass really never had their hearts set on Carr, as Kevin Boyle, who has committed to coming most likely after Dainton graduates will be the starter of the future.
                            Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Boyle signed as a 16 year-old with decent numbers in a weak league. He may turn out to be really good, but it might be a bit early to anoint him as a four-year starter in Hockey East.

UMass will need a goalie to back-up Dainton next year and push for the starter's job after that.

Comment

Boyle signed as a 16 year-old with decent numbers in a weak league. He may turn out to be really good, but it might be a bit early to anoint him as a four-year starter in Hockey East.

UMass will need a goalie to back-up Dainton next year and push for the starter's job after that.
                                Wolcott will most likely backup Dainton next year as he has dressed in a handful of games, but has not seen action to this point. Boyle will most likely come in during Wolcott's junior year and start.
                                Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Working...
                                X